Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
tface023

Hurricane Dorian talk

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Wrong:

 

All credits will be applied to your Onboard Account by Day 2 of your cruise. And remember, they can be used anywhere onboard, and if unused, they will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 – 5 business days after the sailing ends.

I think he might be talking about not going. Only a credit. When our Carnival cruise was completely canceled we did receive a full refund back on the credit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

 

So we definitely could have made the original Sunday sailing >.<

 

i know royal had a tough decision to make, but it just sucks seeing it play out this way. I could have been safely on board and away from the storm. And had my whole week!

 

did you also see that they are predicting it’ll still be a Cat 2 on Wednesday? Those 9/4 sailings aren’t going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Call GEICO

Ha! When was younger Car like many other's was my life. Had Chevelles/Malibu's, Old's 442, 4x4's, Now if something happens to it will get another one like a new shirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

People driving to/from the MIA FLL ports- Gasbuddy is showing 57.7% of the gas stations in Miami/FLL area are out of gas right now:

 

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/dorian-live-updates-fuel-availability-station-outages/

And even when you find a station that has gas, you have to wait in an hour long line to get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tface023 said:

 

i know royal had a tough decision to make, but it just sucks seeing it play out this way. I could have been safely on board and away from the storm. And had my whole week!

 

did you also see that they are predicting it’ll still be a Cat 2 on Wednesday? Those 9/4 sailings aren’t going to happen. 

Royal took a lot of heat for Galveston blunders. I think this time the err’d on the side of caution.i have friends on NCL Breakaway Sunday and online it says update tonight at 8. People onboard say not returning to Miami until at least Tuesday (probably later). Seas are going to start picking up late tomorrow. Most of the Eastern ports are likely to close soon. Not much anyone can do once the Coast Guard closes the port to traffic. Lots of wind blowing around these big ships can cause a lot of damage in a port.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated: 6:59 PM EDT Aug 30, 2019
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. —
The Brevard County Sheriff's Office has issued a mandatory evacuation for people living in the barrier islands, low-lying and flood-prone areas, mobile homes, and anyone with disabilities.

The mandatory evacuation goes into effect at 8 a.m. Sunday.

 

Pt Canaveral is Brevard County

 

FB_IMG_1567207243192.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

This is how we roll in Cocoa Beach.😎

20190830_171051.thumb.jpg.4aa6102dc63678af6fd0a9bb0efc7b6d.jpg

 

Up is open, down is closed

We bought the impact windows! Best investment we ever made!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DORIAN UPDATE: Port CEO Capt. John Murray updates reporters on Friday about Port preparations as Hurricane Dorian nears Florida. Murray said the Port will close only when the U.S. Coast Guard issues Hurricane Condition ZULU, when sustained gale-force winds are expected within 12 hours.

 

I believe we are at Whiskey now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

DORIAN UPDATE: Port CEO Capt. John Murray updates reporters on Friday about Port preparations as Hurricane Dorian nears Florida. Murray said the Port will close only when the U.S. Coast Guard issues Hurricane Condition ZULU, when sustained gale-force winds are expected within 12 hours.

 

I believe we are at Whiskey now.

 

Which port? Canaveral is at X-ray 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bclinton said:

My son is getting married tomorrow and I purchased a cruise for them leaving out of Miami. Paid in full months ago. They received an email below from the cruise line.....from the looks at it they are telling my son that his four day cruise is shortening to 1 day. Leave Miami late Wed....stop at one port thursday....return back to miami Fri. His only option is to receive a credit for a future cruise. NO REFUNDS? The problem is it was his honeymoon and the money for it is in the cruise. I purchased the insurance. After reading that it appears that it doesn't refund our money either. How can they drastically change a cruise by knocking off 2 days and not give the guests refunds? If this is in fact true and we have no recourse this will certainly be the last cruise for anyone in our family with Royal Carribean. I certainly realize that a hurricane can happen but not offering refunds for something like this is beyond me.....

 

Any suggestions?

 

  • A refund, which will be added to your Onboard Account as a refundable onboard credit. Plus, a Future Cruise Credit so that you can come back and sail with us.
    • Both amounts will be in the value of the 2 days your cruise was shortened by, and based on the total cruise fare paid, per person, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.
  • In addition, if you purchased an internet, beverage, unlimited dining package, or pre-paid your gratuities, you’ll receive a prorated refund as a credit for the 2 days your cruise was shortened by to your Onboard Account.
  • Any pre-purchased Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for the impacted ports will also be refunded to your Onboard Account.

 

All credits applied to your Onboard Account can be used anywhere onboard, and any unused credits will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 – 5 business days after the sailing ends.

 

 

While we hope you choose to sail with us, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with: 

 

  • A 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise vacation in the near future. You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit by email by Friday, September 20th, 2019.
  • You’ll also receive a full refund for any pre-purchased items like, shore excursions, beverage packages, pre-paid gratuities, and your taxes & fees. If you booked a non-refundable fare, fees will be waived.

My son was going on his honeymoon this Sunday, the 1st as well on the Allure.  They shortened it to leave on Wednesday now instead.   Although it appears to me that leaving Sunday would be better than Wednesday.  Fortunately, they are able to go somewhere until Wednesday, but my fear is RCCL will cancel Wednesday as well and then they shortened their honeymoon and wasted airfare to fly to FLL only for the cruise to be cancelled.  I am praying if they decide to do this, they do it soon and not at the last minute

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cusegirl315 said:

My son was going on his honeymoon this Sunday, the 1st as well on the Allure.  They shortened it to leave on Wednesday now instead.   Although it appears to me that leaving Sunday would be better than Wednesday.  Fortunately, they are able to go somewhere until Wednesday, but my fear is RCCL will cancel Wednesday as well and then they shortened their honeymoon and wasted airfare to fly to FLL only for the cruise to be cancelled.  I am praying if they decide to do this, they do it soon and not at the last minute

 

 

I don’t think any flights will be flying in to Orlando on Wednesday. I’m waiting to move my airfare to see if RC will change the itinerary again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tface023 said:

 

I don’t think any flights will be flying in to Orlando on Wednesday. I’m waiting to move my airfare to see if RC will change the itinerary again 

I am thinking there will not be any flights to Ft. Lauderdale either and that is where they will be flying to from San Juan.   They were looking forward to their honeymoon.    We went on many when he was a child and was looking forward to take his bride on one.  I keep telling him its better it happened now and not when he was at sea

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tface023 said:

 

Which port? Canaveral is at X-ray 

 

I must have missed the update. 

 

That's why I said believe😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I must have missed the update. 

 

That's why I said believe😉

Port Everglades

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cusegirl315 said:

My son was going on his honeymoon this Sunday, the 1st as well on the Allure.  They shortened it to leave on Wednesday now instead.   Although it appears to me that leaving Sunday would be better than Wednesday.  Fortunately, they are able to go somewhere until Wednesday, but my fear is RCCL will cancel Wednesday as well and then they shortened their honeymoon and wasted airfare to fly to FLL only for the cruise to be cancelled.  I am praying if they decide to do this, they do it soon and not at the last minute

 

 

It's a honeymoon. But just take it later. Have a mini honeymoon for now, take the 100% credit and book another cruise sometime in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Coralc said:

 

It's a honeymoon. But just take it later. Have a mini honeymoon for now, take the 100% credit and book another cruise sometime in the future. 

 

That's easier said than done......circumstances are not all the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I must have missed the update. 

 

That's why I said believe😉

 

They upgraded super early for some reason. Moved to xray on Thursday which is winds in 48. Which even then Sunday was the earliest. I heard on the news early today they're closing it Saturday evening. Guess they're being really cautious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smplybcause said:

 

They upgraded super early for some reason. Moved to xray on Thursday which is winds in 48. Which even then Sunday was the earliest. I heard on the news early today they're closing it Saturday evening. Guess they're being really cautious. 

 

The winds will hit the coast before the storm does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jet Blue booked a Wednesday 9/4 flight for me this a.m. to Orlando (MCO)

 

It was originally for 9/1 sailing on Harmony and RCL sent an e-mail that they are sailing at 3 p.m. on 9/4.

 

If this does not happen due to weather - either for the flight or sailing - things can get mighty interesting rather quickly .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mattpro said:

Jet Blue booked a Wednesday 9/4 flight for me this a.m. to Orlando (MCO)

 

It was originally for 9/1 sailing on Harmony and RCL sent an e-mail that they are sailing at 3 p.m. on 9/4.

 

If this does not happen due to weather - either for the flight or sailing - things can get mighty interesting rather quickly .

 

I put off changing my flight until tomorrow. I’m hoping JetBlue will extend their free change period if there are more delays 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tface023 said:

 

I put off changing my flight until tomorrow. I’m hoping JetBlue will extend their free change period if there are more delays 

 

The only problem with delaying is that there may not be a seat left on the plane for the sailing. 

Only 2 seats were left when I booked.

 

Of course overbooking has never been a problem for Jet Blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The accordion shutters are great because you can leave your patio furniture out

I will be thinking of you this weekend and hoping for the best! Stay safe my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattpro said:

 

The only problem with delaying is that there may not be a seat left on the plane for the sailing. 

Only 2 seats were left when I booked.

 

Of course overbooking has never been a problem for Jet Blue.

 

True. I’m willing to take a different airline though. And I’m hoping most people won’t want to fly into an active hurricane 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tface023 said:

 

The winds will hit the coast before the storm does. 

 

I'm well aware of that. Still won't hit it within 48 hours of when they went to xray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bclinton said:

 

That's easier said than done......circumstances are not all the same. 

 

Really? We are fortunate where we live, and we could take a mini-honeymoon at a hotel near the beach or up in the mountains. The airlines are waiving change fees. You are correct that circumstances are not all the same. But I also wouldn't fly somewhere, some distance away,  for a 3 day cruise. If you really think about it, you can probably make this work to your benefit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...