Three for free starts Sept 4

minniem

13 hours ago, datone said:

Not available for Australians as usual.   Maybe we will have to do our own promotion - just don't pay the tips to make up for it!   This will get a few of you going no doubt.

Aussies get 3FF at a different time of year.  I did a double-take on the Majestic this past winter (your summer) when I saw a large poster near the Future Cruise office promoting 3FF.

13 hours ago, chamima said:

Yes.

And if you don't use them they will automatically be refunded after 2 years.

Make sure the charge card you use for your onboard charges (which is what the FCD will be charged to - NOT your OBC) is one you plan on keeping for a while.

If you cancel the charge card Princess may have a hard time finding out where to refund.

Banks have historical records and if a refund to customer arrives after a card is replaced, the refund goes to the new card automatically.  They would (or should for sure) reject any new charges for which there was no previous authorization against the old card.  If you ceased doing business with the bank, then I would speak to Princess first and see if they can issue a check.  Otherwise, contact the old bank and give them a heads up.  They probably issue a check once they have the funds.

13 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Sigh. As was my concern, the 3 for Free promo is now nonrefundable deposit. I know, there are alternate refundable deposit fares if I call Princess, yada yada, but that just makes it a PITA. The last time I called Princess I knew more than the rep. I just want to be able to book online like the good old days with a refundable deposit. 

Book online yourself, like before, and pick your cabin.  Leave it on courtesy hold and then call Princess and ask the rep to swap it to the RD option and have them apply your FCD's (you did buy some FCD's, right???)  RIGHT!!!

In regards to hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing over NRD's, I am trying to keep an even keel until the prices post on Sep 4.  I found for a cruise we have booked that the Landmark sale pricing was actually LESS with a RD for our cabin type (INSIDE) than the posted NRD fare.  Others reported no or a relatively small difference for the benefit of cancelling with no penalty up to the 90-day mark for most trips.  

As for the OBC, there is no question it is not as generous as 2019.  I keep Excel spreadsheet for each cruise and track price and promo changes on it, so I can quickly assess a price & benefit change.  Last year was $100/pp and this year $75/pp for an Inside of same length.  IF I switch our booking for Fall 2020, I see we will get $100/pp for our much longer 38-night voyage and I am 100% certain it was more than that last year if I had the promo material in front of me.  Perhaps others reporting differently are forgetting about some OBC they got from their TA.  My spreadsheet has separate rows for Princess OBC and TA OBC.

We also got the good coupon book when I switched a booking last SEP to 3FF.  I see they are listed as part of this sale.

That said, I do not have my hopes up very high as our current booking for Fall 2020 already has free grats and we have $200 Princess OBC.  So, cabin pricing needs to go DOWN from current levels to make it worthwhile.

I have learned from this Board that if you see a cruise you like and think it is a good probable trip, then book early and watch.  For example, we are on Regal for LON-SINGAPORE.  A while back, we thought about getting off at DUBAI.  Well, that shorter trip costs MORE than our existing trip.  (It is sold out now I believe). 

Anyway, I hope EVERYONE on here finds a great 3FF deal that works for them!

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, pms4104 said:

Ladt year's 3FF OBC for 14nt balcony was $200pp 

Just checked my receipt: 

My:

OBC WAS $300 pp

for balcony cabin for 14 day cruise on Star Princess

sailed in Feb. 2019.

Not sure what promotion was called.

Edited by dog

7 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Aussies get 3FF at a different time of year.  I did a double-take on the Majestic this past winter (your summer) when I saw a large poster near the Future Cruise office promoting 3FF.

The 3FF you saw is different in Australia  -  we don't get the free gratuities.    Instead we get a meal at a specialty restaurant and a $25 bottle of wine.    Big deal.   I would rather save the $824 I am looking at for tips on an Asian cruise I want to take that is included in the list of eligible cruises.    If we cruise ex Australia our tips are built into the fare and if we cruise overseas we are excluded from promotions like the upcoming 3FF where you get the free gratuities.     You Americans can sail the world and get free gratuities whereas we Australians cannot.   So that is why a lot of us feel it is not fair and don't always pay them.   

8 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Banks have historical records and if a refund to customer arrives after a card is replaced, the refund goes to the new card automatically.  They would (or should for sure) reject any new charges for which there was no previous authorization against the old card.  If you ceased doing business with the bank, then I would speak to Princess first and see if they can issue a check.  Otherwise, contact the old bank and give them a heads up.  They probably issue a check once they have the funds.

I wasn't talking about replacement cards.

For example - we used to have a Marriott Chase card. I found it was more trouble than it was worth so I cancelled it.

If I had put a FCD on it the refund would have gone ??????????

(And the problem with the FCDs is that, for those of us who buy multiples, sometimes they expire before we realize it.

I can't tell you how many times my husband has asked why Princess has given us $200 on his Amex (which is the card I always use because i know it's one that we're keeping). I always have to go back in my records to find dates on FCDs.)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chamima said:

For example - we used to have a Marriott Chase card. I found it was more trouble than it was worth so I cancelled it.

(And the problem with the FCDs is that, for those of us who buy multiples, sometimes they expire before we realize it.

I can't tell you how many times my husband has asked why Princess has given us $200 on his Amex (which is the card I always use because i know it's one that we're keeping). I always have to go back in my records to find dates on FCDs.)

I did attempt to address the case you mentioned.  But I have no actual experience with the situation.  Suffice to say, one way or another,  a card holder would get their money back.  If you sign into your Princess account, and look up your profile area, each FCD is recorded there with a date.  Just an option to check even if you have your own record.

1 hour ago, datone said:

The 3FF you saw is different in Australia  -  we don't get the free gratuities.    Instead we get a meal at a specialty restaurant and a $25 bottle of wine.    Big deal.   I would rather save the $824 I am looking at for tips on an Asian cruise I want to take that is included in the list of eligible cruises.    If we cruise ex Australia our tips are built into the fare and if we cruise overseas we are excluded from promotions like the upcoming 3FF where you get the free gratuities.     You Americans can sail the world and get free gratuities whereas we Australians cannot.   So that is why a lot of us feel it is not fair and don't always pay them.   

I hear you and I am believing that your 3FF is as good as ours.  Since your grats are baked into the fares, I wonder if they reduce what the fare would otherwise be during the 3FF?  Perhaps not, but they might.  I suppose that is wishful thinking and I guess overseas markets just don't get the same treatment.  With all the emphasis on your market, perhaps customer voices will eventually cause Princess to sweeten the pot.  I would hate to "punish" the hard-working crew for something I was not happy with Corporate HQ over.

Edited by steelers36

16 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thanks for posting.  I am wondering if I should be concerned that my April 3, 2021 TA on the Enchanted Princess is showing Eastern Caribbean?  Any thoughts?

We're also on this sailing and hope this promo can be applied to our booking

9 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We're also on this sailing and hope this promo can be applied to our booking

I hope I am wrong, but, don't think it will, at least at current pricing.  If it is, it will definitely seal the deal for us.  Our son and dil are moving to Germany so we will take this sailing over to visit them.  We did this in 2016 on Celebrity when they were there.  We will miss our Elite benefits especially the cocktail hour, but, looking for a more lively ship!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I hope I am wrong, but, don't think it will, at least at current pricing.  If it is, it will definitely seal the deal for us.  Our son and dil are moving to Germany so we will take this sailing over to visit them.  We did this in 2016 on Celebrity when they were there.  We will miss our Elite benefits especially the cocktail hour, but, looking for a more lively ship!

We just sailed Celebrity Infinity in May to the Med.  It was wonderful and we are also Elite.  The free drinks were great!  We chose this sailing because we love Royal and Regal and wanted to try the newest ship.  We are only Platinum with Princess, so just a few perks for us.  However, we got a really good price on this cruise (Canadian dollars) so we'll still be happy without the promo.

3 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We just sailed Celebrity Infinity in May to the Med.  It was wonderful and we are also Elite.  The free drinks were great!  We chose this sailing because we love Royal and Regal and wanted to try the newest ship.  We are only Platinum with Princess, so just a few perks for us.  However, we got a really good price on this cruise (Canadian dollars) so we'll still be happy without the promo.

We too, are only Platinum on Princess.  We loved the Regal when we sailed her a few years back.  Our most current M class sailing was in June on the Summit, loved the re-do!!!

SORRY FOR THE THREADJACK :).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We too, are only Platinum on Princess.  We loved the Regal when we sailed her a few years back.  Our most current M class sailing was in June on the Summit, loved the re-do!!!

SORRY FOR THE THREADJACK :).

Yes, Sorry about that!  Looking forward to meeting you on our TA aboard Enchanted Princess!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:38 AM, chamima said:

Princess refunded to my cancelled American Express card I used onboard to buy my FCD.

I had to call Amex and have them send me a check.