Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
smilz

Me again! With more questions about Grandeur

Last time on Grandeur the specialty coffees in the coffee shop were included in the drink package. Is this still the case? How dressed do people get on formal nights? Is there still a deck party? How much is the parking in Baltimore? Is there any "do not miss" entertainment? Any suggestions for Charleston? We have never been there. Thinking about dragging pool noodles for Blue Lagoon and possibly Coco Cay. Good idea or bad? We are driving so room in suitcase isn't an issue. Are eggs Benedict available every day? Last but not least does anyone have the Daily Compass?

3 minutes ago, smilz said:

Last time on Grandeur the specialty coffees in the coffee shop were included in the drink package. Is this still the case? How dressed do people get on formal nights? Is there still a deck party? How much is the parking in Baltimore? Is there any "do not miss" entertainment? Any suggestions for Charleston? We have never been there. Thinking about dragging pool noodles for Blue Lagoon and possibly Coco Cay. Good idea or bad? We are driving so room in suitcase isn't an issue. Are eggs Benedict available every day? Last but not least does anyone have the Daily Compass?

yes

your choice

not sure - probably depends on the length of your cruise

$15, cash or credit card, per night

not really - Quest, if you haven't done it before.  Love & Marriage show can be fun

food tour with Bulldog Tours

there are inflatable ones

in MDR

yes, but need to know your itinerary and length of cruise

16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

yes

your choice

not sure - probably depends on the length of your cruise

$15, cash or credit card, per night

not really - Quest, if you haven't done it before.  Love & Marriage show can be fun

food tour with Bulldog Tours

there are inflatable ones

in MDR

yes, but need to know your itinerary and length of cruise

8 days from Baltimore to Nassau, Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, and Charleston.

35 minutes ago, smilz said:

How long are you in Charleston? My suggestion might be to head over to Patriot's Point and check out the maritime museum there, which is composed of three World War II & Cold War era ships - the aircraft carrier USS Yorktown (CV-10), the destroyer USS Laffey (DD-724), and the submarine USS Clamagore (SS-343). It may be your last chance to see the Clamagore as there's a plan to sink her for an artificial reef. Laffey and Yorktown are also historic in their own ways - Laffey got a reputation as "The Ship that Wouldn't Die" in World War II after she sustained damage from 4 bombs and 6 kamikazes crashes. Yorktown, meanwhile, recovered the astronauts from Apollo 8.

Another option would be a visit to either Fort Sumter, which is where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, or to the South Carolina Aquarium.

37 minutes ago, smilz said:

8 days from Baltimore to Nassau, Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, and Charleston.

I have not done that specific itinerary yet.  Will be doing it in February.  When is your cruise?

Charleston In A Nutshell does a 2 hr walking tour with a 5th generation native guide, I used a Groupon but well worth the ticket price. An entertaining way to learn a bit of Charleston's long history and about some of the homes along the Battery.

8 hours ago, smilz said:

AFAIK they are still included.  It is not a branded Starbucks outlet.

Everything from tuxes and gowns, to short and T-shirts.  Dress as you like.  I normally wear a tie and blazer, my SO wears a nice dress and heels.

No deck party that I have seen.

Parking is $15 per night.

All the entertainment onboard has been pretty good.  Except the one cruise where the Schooner Bar piano player was HORRIBLE.

We sail in a GS, so yes, Eggs Benedict are available for us.

Daily compasses change from cruise to cruise.

38 minutes ago, SRF said:

AFAIK they are still included.  It is not a branded Starbucks outlet.

Everything from tuxes and gowns, to short and T-shirts.  Dress as you like.  I normally wear a tie and blazer, my SO wears a nice dress and heels.

No deck party that I have seen.

Parking is $15 per night.

All the entertainment onboard has been pretty good.  Except the one cruise where the Schooner Bar piano player was HORRIBLE.

We sail in a GS, so yes, Eggs Benedict are available for us.

Daily compasses change from cruise to cruise.

Eggs Benedict is available in the main dining room breakfast and is offered to everyone. 

enjoy

m

On 8/27/2019 at 9:23 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I have not done that specific itinerary yet.  Will be doing it in February.  When is your cruise?

November 8