Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sandebeach

CocoCay closed until Wednesday September 4th?

Recommended Posts

On the Navigator social media site, two people have posted that the Captain announced that CocoCay is being prepared for storm and will re-open September 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read a post on a Facebook page from someone who is on the Navigator right now. She said that the Captain just made an announcement that CocoCay will be closed until Wednesday September 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meaning the Mariner that is scheduled for Wednesday will be allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is happening because of Tropical Storm Dorian which will be hitting pretty much directly in the Bahamas as she continues her path towards Florida.  Tropical Storm Dorian winds and rain bands will be hitting somewhere around September 1st maybe a bit sooner, so if this storm does go right by Coco Cay they are going to need to do alot of cleaning up after it, plus the workers that live on the island will be brought to safety somewhere else then have to get back to the island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BlueRidgeMama, we posted at the same time! Other report from the Navigator is that they are headed to Nassau and will do an overnight there. I know people may be upset, but it is a "safety-first" decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer,  I'm on this cruise. I hope they make a decision soon on where we are headed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Happens. Use to Cruise over almost every Labor Day, was cheap. First year had 4 named Storms/Hurricanes, that was rocky sailing. Missed first two times was stopping at Coco Cay in mid 90's from same. Once went to Nassau instead, another Key West and different time awarded an extra Sea Day. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Happens. Use to Cruise over almost every Labor Day, was cheap. First year had 4 named Storms/Hurricanes, that was rocky sailing. Missed first two times was stopping at Coco Cay in mid 90's from same. Once went to Nassau instead, another Key West and different time awarded an extra Sea Day. 

Yes, people posted on the Navigator site that, like you, they are heading to Nassau for an overnight stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they are up and running by the time we get there Sept. 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got the RCCL email that it is indeed closed. and we will get more updates on itinerary update tomorrow at 3 EST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

just got the official RCCL email it is closed till Sept 4th

Just saw a copy of that email posted on the Mariner FB page. Sorry that they can not tell you yet about your revised itinerary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on Symphony now and had our itinerary changed to a stop at Coco Cay this Friday. It was not  originally on our Itinerary and we already skipped St Martin. Have not  yet heard of any change of our stop on CC on the ship as of now. 

 

 

Mary Ann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they said they will provide an itinerary update tomorrow at 3pm EST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Hope they are up and running by the time we get there Sept. 13

Should open on September 4. 

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, people posted on the Navigator site that, like you, they are heading to Nassau for an overnight stay. 

 

Crap, we were always scheduled for then.  

Tuesday at Sea

Wednesday Nassau

Thursday Coco Cay

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be on the Harmony on Sunday and got the email as well and it stated that they will have a update tomorrow by 3 if they will make a new stop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DustFSU said:

I will be on the Harmony on Sunday and got the email as well and it stated that they will have a update tomorrow by 3 if they will make a new stop

 

Are you scheduled in CC for Monday or Saturday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday.  And I also read that they will decide if the HOS will be late getting back into PC because the storm will be right over the port on Sunday afternoon, so they might extend it getting back 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on Symphony and supposed to be at CC on Friday. It is an added stop due to missing St Martin. We were in PR today and supposed to be in Labadee tomorrow. So far no announcement of any changes to this as of now. There could be  an announcement of further changes tomorrow morning. I know a lot of people were excited to have CoCo Cay as our substitute.  Just hope we don’t go to Nassau. Would rather have Key West. 

 

Mary Ann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UFMOM said:

We are on Symphony and supposed to be at CC on Friday. It is an added stop due to missing St Martin. We were in PR today and supposed to be in Labadee tomorrow. So far no announcement of any changes to this as of now. There could be  an announcement of further changes tomorrow morning. I know a lot of people were excited to have CoCo Cay as our substitute.  Just hope we don’t go to Nassau. Would rather have Key West. 

 

Mary Ann

Key West would definitely be a great port!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

We are on Symphony and supposed to be at CC on Friday. It is an added stop due to missing St Martin. We were in PR today and supposed to be in Labadee tomorrow. So far no announcement of any changes to this as of now. There could be  an announcement of further changes tomorrow morning. I know a lot of people were excited to have CoCo Cay as our substitute.  Just hope we don’t go to Nassau. Would rather have Key West. 

 

Mary Ann

I don't think Key West can handle Oasis class.  Nassau or arriving back a day early to beat the storm would be my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...