See/View-ing Seaview

Beamafar

9 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Not a drink to allow the lunatics out of the asylum over! On Seaview it was bottled...like cans should be made illegal..

When they poured a bottle the glorious white creamy head was instantly dirty brown....ughhhhhhhhhhh

Frank I once sent Bea a photo of a can of Guinness I was drinking, on a train straight from the can! 

Never thought I would meet her and especially her DH! 

Think I will never live it down when I meet them in New York in 21 days 😳

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thecruisers6 said:

Frank I once sent Bea a photo of a can of Guinness I was drinking, on a train straight from the can! 

Never thought I would meet her and especially her DH! 

Think I will never live it down when I meet them in New York in 21 days 😳

Yep!  Remember my reaction back then??!!!!

• Haha 1

Not the best cider! That is one thing the cruise industry needs to get to grips with....cider at Sea! 

Are you referring to what they serve on board or do you mean Strongbow in general? Because if it’s the latter, them’s fightin’ words and I may be forced
to block you! [emoji23] We spent a fortnight in the UK in 2014 & Strongbow was our favorite. (We spent most of our time in Somerset and had some good local ciders in pubs, as well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say No to Strongbow, though I prefer Bulmers (which is Irish - Érin go bragh  [emoji14])

We like Bulmer’s (and Magner’s, BTW). Just a friendly reminder that TASTE IS SUBJECTIVE. [emoji6]

22 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Are you referring to what they serve on board or do you mean Strongbow in general? Because if it’s the latter, them’s fightin’ words and I may be forced
to block you! emoji23.png We spent a fortnight in the UK in 2014 & Strongbow was our favorite. (We spent most of our time in Somerset and had some good local ciders in pubs, as well)

Should have asked for the real stuff from under the counter. 🍻

34 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

DH wouldn't touch the stuff on a ship (and he loves a good pint!)  He doesn't even recommend drinking the bottles.

The bottles are like drain cleaner! I have never known any product of any kind or origin vary like good Guiness and the ship version is at the bottom lol

1 minute ago, G.M.T. said:

Should have asked for the real stuff from under the counter. 🍻

Thanks, I'll know for next time. (sorry to go off-topic) One of our best memories was going to a farm not far from Wells where you just took a glass and filled up from a large cask. After being there for a couple of hours, I asked the proprietor how much I owed. "Coupla quid." I LOVE ENGLAND! 

28 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

to block you! emoji23.png We spent a fortnight in the UK in 2014 & Strongbow was our favorite. (We spent most of our time in Somerset and had some good local ciders in pubs, as well)

Block could be the new black! Strongbow is wet on a warm day but that's about it. Bulmer,  Magners, even the new trendy and oh so sweet fruity varieties are preferable though!

Cider is subjective gain though and real cider connoisseurs would laugh at these 'for the masses' brands I'm quoting preferring something that looks like soup or the dishwasher output! LOL

Its not a mainstream drink, though more and more popular in the UK, so that is why it has not managed to board our beloved ships with any great momentum I fear.

But there has to be more to life in the world of seafaring cider than Angry Frank...sorry Orchard 😂

4 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Block could be the new black! Strongbow is wet on a warm day but that's about it. Bulmer,  Magners, even the new trendy and oh so sweet fruity varieties are preferable though!

Cider is subjective gain though and real cider connoisseurs would laugh at these 'for the masses' brands I'm quoting preferring something that looks like soup or the dishwasher output! LOL

Its not a mainstream drink, though more and more popular in the UK, so that is why it has not managed to board our beloved ships with any great momentum I fear.

But there has to be more to life in the world of seafaring cider than Angry Frank...sorry Orchard 😂

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. Is Bulmer's better than Strongbow? Maybe, depending on the user. I don't like Angry Orchard (again, just a personal opinion). But I can't get a local cider from Wells, Somerset, UK on an MSC ship. But if I can get Strongbow at the Brass Anchor Pub instead of Angry Frank, I mean Orchard, then I'm a happy boy. 🍺

• Like 1

I remember when I was a cider drinker (fadó, fadó - just for you DCG  😛) they brought out a brand called 'Stag' in competition to Bulmer's.  Well ... "better-class" establishments would only serve it - no low-class Bulmers for them!  Stag is long-gone and Bulmers is now extremely popular, especially since they put it on tap a number of years ago - it's a great seller when the weather is hot here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I remember when I was a cider drinker (fadó, fadó - just for you DCG  😛) they brought out a brand called 'Stag' in competition to Bulmer's.  Well ... "better-class" establishments would only serve it - no low-class Bulmers for them!  Stag is long-gone and Bulmers is now extremely popular, especially since they put it on tap a number of years ago - it's a great seller when the weather is hot here.

Sounds yummy. Incidentally, we have an Irish pub here in DC called Fadó. 

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2019 at 7:10 AM, Beamafar said:

Thanks, a mil, BB.  Some great ideas there.  I've bought some magnets, alright and will try to pick up a couple of those gadgets when in New York, if I don't get a chance to here before we head off.  I do have a couple of space-saving hangers (not what you've posted, though) which, could work for us, but they're bulkier than the ones in your pics.

Someone else recommended Command strips - I had a look at them yesterday, but they're a bit pricey for one-off uses!

Good to know that the fall colours look to be a little late this year!

@Beamafar are you still considering the space saving hangers? I ordered a couple of the type in BB's pics, I've received a number more than I ordered. If they were of interest I'd be happy to bring them for you.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Absolutely not....neither did I 😀 (I've received far more than I paid for).

I'll bring a couple for @thecruisers6 too 🙂

Thanks very much CF, you must be psychic lol. 

I got this unexpected order update from Amazon this morning....

We leave on the 15th 😱

686325B1-6D30-4E8B-8682-06CB6D54BA1D.thumb.jpeg.0094f426b3dbb8cd426c324ef50879da.jpeg

7 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Oh, that's not good. Don't worry I have enough for us all 🙂

I could probably supply most of YC - perhaps I could open a mini market in the TSL😂

Hahaha Bea could bring her pens, black pins and tote bags. I have 9 packing cubes and a NCL poncho that ripped when I unraveled it 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

...9 packing cubes 😲

I have 13!  😂

Just as well this is my thread  😛 (which I've given up on at this stage - I hope to have a thread comparing Meraviglia's sailing to Seaview's instead.  I believe this one's gone way off-track to be salvaged now  🙄 😜😜)  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Haha 2