Pandaw II wine menu

little britain

I'd like to see it but

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

Thanks, @little britain

Looking a the list, I am reminded of Samuel Johnson's quote about a dog,  walking on its hind legs "but you are surprised to find it done at all"

In other words it's mostly a rather dull selection of brands but I am surprised to find any wines in Myanmar and at a reasonable price.

Of the wines under the South Africa heading, 'La Bodega' winery isn't in South Africa so without the bottle it's anyone's guess what it is.

Interestingly Monte Vino is not in South Africa either. It's produced by the same Burmese winery as the next wine on the list - Myanmar 1st Vineyard Estate - and is made using juice imported from South Africa.

If I was on the boat, and when I can encourage Mrs P to travel that far I may well be, I'd want to try both the Myanmar 1st Vineyard Estate wines, which are made from grapes grown in their own vineyard.

And, predictably, the best wines on the list, in my opinion, are the most expensive. White: Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc, because Waipara Hills is a real winery with their own vineyards Red: Coronas, because that's one of Torres' wines - a good wine they've produced for more than 100 years, and Torres are makers of good, sometimes great wines

I see this was from their Burma cruise.  We are doing Pandaw's 14 night India cruise in about 6 weeks...perhaps it will be similar. 

How was your trip?  We did Burma couple years ago with Amawaterways and loved it.

Edited by Jack1

@Jack1 India has a well established wine industry; they're growing international varieties, and the Indian wines I have had have all been good, so I expect they'll be several on the boat in India. Sula Vineyards - https://sulawines.com/sula.aspx -is the largest producer there and they also import and distribute non-Indian wine brands.

So I reckon there's a good change you'll find Sula wines on the menu, plus these brands https://sulawines.com/sulaselectionswines.aspx

• 2 weeks later...