Self Guided Walking Tour of Old San Juan

Embem

2 hours ago, NRWPA said:

Hi, am going to be in Puerto Rico in November and would appreciate a copy of your walking tour. I've been there many times, but would be nice to find some new (to me) places. Thanks! Nancy (nlrwfd@yahoo.com)

Hi Nancy - yes, you are on board with us 😊 I had posted about the tour on our roll call, but it was a couple of months back I think. Of course I am glad to share with you! 🙂. And you will definitely know where to find me if you gave a question 😂

Edit. I just emailed you, I need a bit more info.

Edited by AlohaLivin

On 8/29/2019 at 6:35 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Glad to share! :classic_smile:  As I said in our roll call, it was far too much work for so few people to benefit. I can't say it's ready for Google apps or anything, but it isn't bad (it's super hard planning and laying out the route in such a small area - thank goodness for Google Earth so I could try to 'see" where the usual map was not helpful).  There is an alt route in the file (which cuts off the end of the tour in case someone has just had enough). It's only a few miles total so that is a good thing!

The food I had really researched (I mean why go to another country and not sample the fare?!). I couldn't add everything (but I wanted to), but a place with every kind of cocoa food and beverage is there, one of the top bars in the world is also - I have tried to add images and information for each "stop" that you can click on to "read more." Some of the more highly rated shops and shopping areas are added too (luckily they are close in with other stops). 

I hope that it helps! I am sending them out now, so if you don't get it for some reason please let me know. 🐠

@Embem  - Where do you want me to send yours? :-)

P.S. My understanding is that this map can be used offline (I think you download it to your phone to do that). But for those who end up paying extra for PR, this should help a lot (some of the ones I found required being connected and I wasn't willing to pay that extra charge!)

Hi.  Will you be able to email that to me as well?  I will be there next week :)
shilpa421 at gmail .com 

On 8/29/2019 at 6:35 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Glad to share! :classic_smile:  As I said in our roll call, it was far too much work for so few people to benefit. I can't say it's ready for Google apps or anything, but it isn't bad (it's super hard planning and laying out the route in such a small area - thank goodness for Google Earth so I could try to 'see" where the usual map was not helpful).  There is an alt route in the file (which cuts off the end of the tour in case someone has just had enough). It's only a few miles total so that is a good thing!

The food I had really researched (I mean why go to another country and not sample the fare?!). I couldn't add everything (but I wanted to), but a place with every kind of cocoa food and beverage is there, one of the top bars in the world is also - I have tried to add images and information for each "stop" that you can click on to "read more." Some of the more highly rated shops and shopping areas are added too (luckily they are close in with other stops). 

I hope that it helps! I am sending them out now, so if you don't get it for some reason please let me know. 🐠

P.S. My understanding is that this map can be used offline (I think you download it to your phone to do that). But for those who end up paying extra for PR, this should help a lot (some of the ones I found required being connected and I wasn't willing to pay that extra charge!)

@AlohaLivin

Our stop is 12/4/19.  I would love a copy of your map if you don't mind.  Thank you for the research!

wescat2 @ gmail dot com

Edited by kantonburg

On 9/20/2019 at 7:21 PM, AlohaLivin said:

The new map is up!  👌 And I just emailed it again to everyone that I had listed before (or at least that was my intent). Do let me know if you do not get the google maps email dated today 9/20. It should be 99% - 100% as it was before (although the default background is the street level map). Again, I hope that everyone gets something good from it and has a wonderful journey :classic_smile:

1. @gnargnarz I also included you in the current map so you should also get an email. 
  2. The CC user with an email address that begins "Amrsprfmom" - I hit an error message as a non-google account holder when sending the new map; I assume there was a second email in the list that you received (since I would have hit that problem the first time too), but just in case I did want to note that google asked for an email associated with a google account (even if not a gmail one). 

Thank you so much for your hard work.  I can imagine it is very time consuming so just know it is appreciated.  Can you please send the map to shilpa421@aol.com and jessejazz3000@aol.com as well? 

1 hour ago, Henry325 said:

Thank you so much for your hard work.  I can imagine it is very time consuming so just know it is appreciated.  Can you please send the map to shilpa421@aol.com and jessejazz3000@aol.com as well? 

Thank you - it was more work than I imagined (more in time to put in details, determine a route, and climbing a steep learning curve 😳).  But since it meant a custom tour for us, I thought it was well worth it! The two new addresses were just added.

oops... google gave me an error for the aol account as not associated with a google acct. Let me know if that changes and I will resend.

Edited by AlohaLivin

5 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Thank you - it was more work than I imagined (more in time to put in details, determine a route, and climbing a steep learning curve 😳).  But since it meant a custom tour for us, I thought it was well worth it! The two new addresses were just added.

oops... google gave me an error for the aol account as not associated with a google acct. Let me know if that changes and I will resend.

You can send it to graphicsprinting@gmail.com please

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUgirl said:

@AlohaLivin You're probably regretting sharing your hard work now since it's created even more work for you! But if you're still offering, I would love a copy of your map, please. 😊

It's not too bad, just some extra to do's that I didn't really need! But I am glad if others get something out of the work I put into it, that makes it more worthwhile I think.  I will get the requests from today done here in a minute!  I do need a google associated email address to send it though! AU = Auburn?

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

It's not too bad, just some extra to do's that I didn't really need! But I am glad if others get something out of the work I put into it, that makes it more worthwhile I think.  I will get the requests from today done here in a minute!  I do need a google associated email address to send it though! AU = Auburn?

Oops, my apologies! I was going to send you a private message, but I must not have enough posts to do that. My address is jbd4au at charter dot net. Thank you so much!!

50 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

Oops, my apologies! I was going to send you a private message, but I must not have enough posts to do that. My address is jbd4au at charter dot net. Thank you so much!!

It’s not your posts, for a reason I will never understand the logic surrounding, you can not PM anyone here (the option is “off” for everyone). I will send it now. Charter, so likely that is AU? If so War Eagle! 🧡💙 If not, then ignore the last part 😂

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

It’s not your posts, for a reason I will never understand the logic surrounding, you can not PM anyone here (the option is “off” for everyone). I will send it now. Charter, so likely that is AU? If so War Eagle! 🧡💙 If not, then ignore the last part 😂

YES! WARRRRR Eagle (even after yesterday's game)! I love my tigers. 💙 And thank you again!!

• Like 1