Cruise Critic Community
Cockatoos

Move up to Suite?

If we booked an AQ with no perks and NRD, then took advantage of a Move Up offer to a suite, do we get the perks included in suite class?

4 minutes ago, Cockatoos said:

If we booked an AQ with no perks and NRD, then took advantage of a Move Up offer to a suite, do we get the perks included in suite class?

What perks are you referring to?  If they are things which are attached to a particular cabin, then yes.  Otherwise, no.  You won't get suite points either.

Hi Happy Cruiser, what I meant was if I booked AQ and did not choose OBC, beverage package etc, then made a bid and was accepted for a move up to a suite, would the move up include these perks, which are included in suite class. Just a scenario and curious as this in not covered in FAQ.

There are no specific perks with Sky or Celebrity suites just the local Promotions which I very much doubt they would include with a move up bid. They do include Luminae and Michael's 😎

Royal and above however also include Premium beverage package , unlimited speciality Dining , Unlimited internet and laundry for every guest in the suite plus Perrier Jouet Champange ,Two bottles of spirits and other such inclusions. These are not perks but part of the suite.

Edited by groryjm

You get the Suite perks likeLuminae and Michael's Club/Retreat access, but only receive AQ points (5 per day).

Love suite perks of luminae and Micheals, with micheals or the retreat you can do without drink package since you can get free drinks there from morning till late at night, you can get a glass of wine there then take it into luminae for dinner.

You get the amenities of that category but don’t get any more perks than what you originally had.   Michael’s Club ,  Lumina, Retreat deck, Butler  and etc are considered amenities.   Perks are the Premium Drink Pack, internet, prepaid gratuities, and $150 SBC PP.   

SS and CS don’t come with all the perks, it depends on the promo and lately on some cruises they have been offering those suites at a lower price without the perks.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

22 minutes ago, George C said:

Love suite perks of luminae and Micheals, with micheals or the retreat you can do without drink package since you can get free drinks there from morning till late at night, you can get a glass of wine there then take it into luminae for dinner.

I thought drinks were only free in Michael’s.  That one had to purchase them if one didn’t have a package in the Retreat same as Luminae.

From what has been reported free drinks are in the Retreat Lounge (Michaels Club) but not on at the Retreat Deck.

3 hours ago, Cockatoos said:

Hi Happy Cruiser, what I meant was if I booked AQ and did not choose OBC, beverage package etc, then made a bid and was accepted for a move up to a suite, would the move up include these perks, which are included in suite class. Just a scenario and curious as this in not covered in FAQ.

Those perks are not always included in suite class.  I'm sailing in a sky suite with no perks on Saturday.  I was not about to pay the amount they wanted to include them.  They charge singles for two internet packages, two drink packages, two gratuity packages.  Bad enough I have to pay twice for the room!  I'm better off to pay a la carte on board or purchase what I want individually.  If you had already had a booking that included those perks, they would go with you.  Miched is correct that you will get the amenities attached to a particular suite.  That's an important distinction which even many travel agents do not grasp.  I've had one try to sell me all four perks when booking a royal suite.  Some of them are amenities which are already attached to that suite.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

12 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Those perks are not always included in suite class.  I'm sailing in a sky suite with no perks on Saturday.  I was not about to pay the amount they wanted to include them.  They charge singles for two internet packages, two drink packages, two gratuity packages.  Bad enough I have to pay twice for the room!  I'm better off to pay a la carte on board or purchase what I want individually.  If you had already had a booking that included those perks, they would go with you.  Miched is correct that you will get the amenities attached to a particular suite.  That's an important distinction which even many travel agents do not grasp.  I've had one try to sell me all four perks when booking a royal suite.  Some of them are amenities which are already attached to that suite.

The difference between perks and amenities definitely confuses people. A lot of folks also don't seem to realize that Royal and above has different amenities than the lower suites. As a family of four the amenities (4 Premium beverage packages + 4 Internet packages) really add up and help offset the cost of the higher suite.