Cruise Critic Community
Shoppie124

On the Breakaway- with rude people

49 minutes ago, NCLDude said:

Wondering if you have to pay the service charges for the extra days?

I thought the press release for one of the cruiselines said "on us" so I

am thinking not. However I remember a year or so ago in a similar

situation people said they tipped their room steward directly for

the extra days.

5 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

Geez, a couple extra days in the Haven, that's horrifying! 🤣

yeah,,, but if it is like last time, the 7 days of beverage package runs out in 7 days. You're paying cash at the bar for days 8-10. 

Just now, BirdTravels said:

yeah,,, but if it is like last time, the 7 days of beverage package runs out in 7 days. You're paying cash at the bar for days 8-10. 

Ooooh.  Yeah, that part would suck I guess.

3 hours ago, Travelicious said:

Wish I was onboard and getting an extra 3 or4 free days!

I would be super happy as well!!

Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason for rudeness.  The crew are undoubtedly even more stressed than the passengers.  I would have called their rudeness out in front of them.

3 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

Wondering if anyone knows this information?

Yes they are giving free internet to make changes.  I am not sure about the phone calls 

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason for rudeness.  The crew are undoubtedly even more stressed than the passengers.  I would have called their rudeness out in front of them.

I had Southwest on the phone and asked if anyone else needed them since we had to wait for a half hour to get a rep.  Someone said they needed them and then disappeared.  She must have thought I had another half hour to keep them on the phone

16 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Anyone heard how long Breakaway is stayed in Mexico?

They are supposed to leave at 5:00pm on Sunday, but that does not mean they can port in Miami until its cleared.  Could be Tuesday or Wednesday.

2 hours ago, NCLDude said:

Wondering if you have to pay the service charges for the extra days?

4 extra days on the Gem avoiding Sandy in 2012, no extra charges, fed us and had additional entertainment. 

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

They are supposed to leave at 5:00pm on Sunday, but that does not mean they can port in Miami until its cleared.  Could be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks!  Getting ready to cancel my flight and hotel for tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I will go ask the concierge for an update 

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Interesting.

"Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason", huh?

I only ask as it would actually be considered rude to call someone out for this behavior in public...and you did say absolutely no excuse. 

38 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Latest is we are departing Cozumel at 5:30 pm. We are expected to be in Miami on Sunday 

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Three Cheese Ziti? 🤔

I have been monitoring these rapidly developing events closely. Even though we are heading out on the Joy tomorrow.

Edited by elwood_98034

47 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

If you can wait till 8pm tonight to cancel I would.  Just reading on another site there is news that they have changed again and are going to leave late tonight to be in Miami for embarking and dis-embarking on Sunday.  Of course then someone else came on and said it was fake news.  There is supposedly an announcement being made by NCL at 8pm tonight.

I feel sorry for all those involved.  (and especially those who live in the hurricane's path)

38 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Interesting.

"Absolutely NO EXCUSE or reason", huh?

I only ask as it would actually be considered rude to call someone out for this behavior in public...and you did say absolutely no excuse. 

Again, if I saw or heard that sort of rude, boorish behavior, I'd call the person out on it.  That's because the crew (in this case, the concierge) who are trying their level best to accommodate the passengers, really can't say anything.  

That's not rude.  That's giving a voice to the crew who can't really speak for themselves.

Edited by graphicguy

18 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

If you can wait till 8pm tonight to cancel I would.  Just reading on another site there is news that they have changed again and are going to leave late tonight to be in Miami for embarking and dis-embarking on Sunday.  Of course then someone else came on and said it was fake news.  There is supposedly an announcement being made by NCL at 8pm tonight.

I feel sorry for all those involved.  (and especially those who live in the hurricane's path)

I'm in the Haven and just got off the phone with the land based Concierge who said the same thing.  I'll wait until 8.  She said that's the latest NCL will let us know.

Sounds like they want to get in, get the disembarking passengers home on time,  and then get out of Miami as quickly as possible.

Going to dinner tonight with the GF.  So, if I get a chance later tonight, I'll post what I hear.

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I'm in the Haven and just got off the phone with the land based Concierge who said the same thing.  I'll wait until 8.  She said that's the latest NCL will let us know.

Sounds like they want to get in, get the disembarking passengers home on time,  and then get out of Miami as quickly as possible.

Going to dinner tonight with the GF.  So, if I get a chance later tonight, I'll post what I hear.

Sorry, but I'm confused just a bit.  Are you on the ship now or supposed to get on tomorrow?  (alot of information coming in quick and sure what is right).