DH special birthday while on cruise - is it worth me informing MSC?

claiream3

Hi all, its DH 40th birthday during our cruise. I've already prebooked/paid for a birthday cake that is showing on my MSC account. Is it worth letting them know directly in advance? Letting our cabin steward know once onboard.... Or not?!

I'm not 'yacht club' or 'black card' or a repeat MSC cruiser for info - so I'm guessing its not really worth it?

It annoys me how a couple of girlfriends have just landed in Mallorca at a relatively standard hotel and they're welcomed with a bottle of chilled fizz in the room all for a non-milestone birthday that was actually a week ago, so wondered about getting our ten-penneth worth for a legitimate occasion!

Any insight/experience appreciated as usual. For info we sail 2 weeks time and already have our E-ticket etc issued...

Have a great weekend,

Claire

I’m currently on the MSc Seaview and celebrated my 47th whilst on board. My wife ordered the cake during dinner which was great as the waiters arrive banging drums and singing Happy Birthday. When I used my cabin card during the day, it comes up on their system so people were congratulating me all day.

Best thing to do is grab a member of the entertainment team on the day, they will have him doing the dancing and games. He will love it

34 minutes ago, mj9 said:

I’m currently on the MSc Seaview and celebrated my 47th whilst on board. My wife ordered the cake during dinner which was great as the waiters arrive banging drums and singing Happy Birthday. When I used my cabin card during the day, it comes up on their system so people were congratulating me all day.

Best thing to do is grab a member of the entertainment team on the day, they will have him doing the dancing and games. He will love it

Hi mj9....when you say it came up on your cabin card that it was your birthday....is it just in the system because everyone needs to input their birthday or was it filled in on some form that there was a special occasion?

I'm traveling solo on the Meraviglia on October 8th and my birthday is the 9th...ordering a cake for myself would be kinda sad, aye? LOL

Howard

It was Yacht Club, but last year on the Preziosa we were prepared to decorate their room for our grandson's 6th birthday, but the Butler and Assistant had decorated the room without any request at all. They must have seen the date in the booking record.

Got a great Birthday Cake in the dining room on his actual birthday, as well.

gary

On 8/30/2019 at 4:18 PM, HLR said:

Hi mj9....when you say it came up on your cabin card that it was your birthday....is it just in the system because everyone needs to input their birthday or was it filled in on some form that there was a special occasion?

I'm traveling solo on the Meraviglia on October 8th and my birthday is the 9th...ordering a cake for myself would be kinda sad, aye? LOL

Howard

It's not sad.  Every year as far back as I recall, I've ordered myself a my OWN birthday cake :)  Regardless if I received one from someone else.  That means two cakes!  I actually plan to pre-order my birthday cake (the anniversary cake), for my MSC cruise next year because it looks better than the birthday cake they have advertised on their website, and it comes with a sweet flavored wine and glasses.  

4 hours ago, Skoobdo said:

It's not sad.  Every year as far back as I recall, I've ordered myself a my OWN birthday cake :)  Regardless if I received one from someone else.  That means two cakes!  I actually plan to pre-order my birthday cake (the anniversary cake), for my MSC cruise next year because it looks better than the birthday cake they have advertised on their website, and it comes with a sweet flavored wine and glasses.  

Thank you..that is very sweet to say.  Howard

• Like 1

We were new Black Card status in Feb 2019 and my DH celebrated his birthday. His cake was free because that is a black status perk. I requested the cake at customer service, and they were delightful. While our cake was free, it was delicious (Italian cream cake.)  If you pay for a cake, you get more choices. They took down all the details and it was promptly delivered to our table in the MDR on the correct day.