Airline Flight Question for Freedom of the Seas Sailing

Hi Cruise Critic Friends,

My wife and I will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas next May 24, 2020 out of San Juan on a Southern Caribbean cruise.  We are so looking forward to this adventure.  We live in San Antonio, TX and plan on flying down to San Juan at least a day (maybe two) before the cruise departs.  Does anyone have any recommendations on what airline to use to fly down from San Antonio, TX to San Juan?  We normally fly with Southwest Airlines and know they fly down there but other airlines may have better options on getting there earlier in the day.  Any suggestions or recommendations is appreciated.  Thank you very much for the help.

I would just hop on the ITA Matrix, a flight search tool powered by google. Plug in your dates, and you'll see almost everything. It doesn't include Southwest, so you'll have to search that directly with them. I always recommend actually booking from the airline itself.

Be aware that, generally, the further out you book, the more likely the schedule will be changed. Almost all airlines change schedules sometimes, even after booking.

Edited by Zach1213

25 minutes ago, leetompkins said:

My wife and I will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas next May 24, 2020 out of San Juan on a Southern Caribbean cruise.  We are so looking forward to this adventure.  We live in San Antonio, TX and plan on flying down to San Juan at least a day (maybe two) before the cruise departs.  Does anyone have any recommendations on what airline to use to fly down from San Antonio, TX to San Juan?  We normally fly with Southwest Airlines and know they fly down there but other airlines may have better options on getting there earlier in the day.  Any suggestions or recommendations is appreciated.  Thank you very much for the help.

We always fly SW out of FLL, love that I can check 4 bags and take 2 carryons if I want.  Normally, we check 3 bags and we are good.

31 minutes ago, leetompkins said:

I don't know how close you are to Dallas, but I know American is big into San Juan, and Dallas is their hub, so I would think there would be at least one AA nonstop from DFW to SJU.

I would have preferred AA from So Calif as my route would have been PSP --> DFW --> MIA ---> SJ and back again.  I ended up with United for our March sailing mainly due to cost. originally before I was ready to book it would have been PSP ---> EWR non stop then SJ but they changed and now route me to SFO ( San Francisco ), choice between CHI, EWR, ATL then SJ. Flight to SJ and back have been less then ideal from the West Coast. For me departure from SJ was extremely limited to 12 Noon & 44 min connection in EWR or 1 or 2 AM the next day. 

Give www.google.com/flights a look-see.  Find it valuable for research and it includes all carriers including Southwest (Southwest has not published their schedule beyond the first week of March 2020).

Lots of options via IAH, DFW, MIA, ATL, CLT