When are GTY/Guarantee cabins issued?

swdke

My husband and I have a GTY booking on Oct 20, 2019 on the SOTS, out of Boston.

We have received the E Docs, but no stateroom or deck assignment.  It is 27 days out,  the ship is booked full and we have our flight and hotel room booked.  Maybe the good fairy will drop in with something special. LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

How long ago was that?

It was in July 2018, I booked GTY in Feb 2018, received my cabin assignment in April 2018. It was an Alaska cruise on Radiance of the Seas. I have read that even if you have received your cabin assignment with a GTY booking it is possible the cruiseline can reassign you later.

8 minutes ago, BBQluver said:

It was in July 2018, I booked GTY in Feb 2018, received my cabin assignment in April 2018. It was an Alaska cruise on Radiance of the Seas. I have read that even if you have received your cabin assignment with a GTY booking it is possible the cruiseline can reassign you later.

Reassignment is very rare.

Since RoyalUp kicked into high gear, early assignment of guarantees is less and less likely.

There is another current thread on this topic.  I'm surprised that the mods haven't merged this with that.

We got our assignment for April 26 2020 Oasis 2 months ago   It a cabin for 5 and there is only 2 of us.  It only took about 30 days from booking.

funny thing is a lady on our FB page had that cabin and got kicked out.  I told her we would move if she needed us to.

We book a lot of guarantee cabins, and are very surprised that some of our assignments come even prior to final payment. 

Couple years ago, we had an assignment a day or so before sailing, but that was the latest we’ve ever had.    Usually it’s a couple weeks prior so that at least there is time to print luggage tags. If not, the porters will give you tags. 

I suspect many that say assignment is not provided until check-in, may have really been assigned a cabin but have just not checked the website to look for the cabin assignment.     

M

• Thanks 1

We are currently 29 days from our sailing on the Mariner. A few days ago we received a booking statement from Royal Caribbean  that assigned us to deck 8, but no cabin number. It looks like there’s a few cabins still available to book, so I’m assuming they’ll wait until they sell additional cabins before we’re assigned. We are deck 8 XB (balcony). Not concerned, but it would be nice to know where we are assigned. Our luggage tags are available to print without the cabin numbers on them.

also long time Royal Caribbean cruisers 2002-2019

long time Cruise Critic member too, but something happened to my account and had to create a new one.

Edited by TomC21

On 9/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, Bases5 said:

We got our assignment for April 26 2020 Oasis 2 months ago   It a cabin for 5 and there is only 2 of us.  It only took about 30 days from booking.

funny thing is a lady on our FB page had that cabin and got kicked out.  I told her we would move if she needed us to.

What do you mean that someone had the cabin and got kicked out?!?!? 😳😳😳

This may be a really stupid question, but where do you look to check for your stateroom assignment?  When I printed my boarding pass, it shows a muster station, but under deck it says rerprint/guarantee.  Am I looking in the right place to check?  This is the first time I have done a guarantee that was not linked with a group.  

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

What do you mean that someone had the cabin and got kicked out?!?!? 😳😳😳

Just what I said. I went on the group FB page and said our room was assigned. I thought it was strange the the put us in a cabin for 5 when there was only 2 of us. 

This lady said they got moved from a cabin that sleeps 5. After chatting our room was was her room.  She got a different cabin that sleeps 5. What a small world 

maybe our room won’t sleep 5 after dry dock? But looking at deck plans in the future it still looks like it sleeps 5

6 hours ago, mcgore83 said:

This may be a really stupid question, but where do you look to check for your stateroom assignment?  When I printed my boarding pass, it shows a muster station, but under deck it says rerprint/guarantee.  Am I looking in the right place to check?  This is the first time I have done a guarantee that was not linked with a group.  

We found ours under more details on the reservation where #GTY used to be, for a few weeks it showed a deck number then the room number came in, I took a screenshot (with certain details omitted 😁)

4C1DC079-86E1-4F5F-B0B6-3780484081AC.thumb.jpeg.2f0c3a665a88788d9c6d95e70ba6ee8d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Been checking for cabin assignment multiple times a day and just found ours 31 days out as noted above under more details.  booked  inside guaranty which I haven’t done in many many years And very happy to get promenade cabins.  they are deck six on each end.  I know could be a little noisy, but very happy and much better for father to be more midship.  we could have gotten a lower deck all the way forward or aft. Feel lucky🙂. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

I frequently book guarantees, but my upcoming  guarantee has not been assigned yet. When I checked in, my set sail pass indicates a deck and a Muster Station.   This is the first time I’ve encountered this type of information. 

Does anyone know if the info is just a placeholder or if that will be my actual deck?    

Thanks. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I frequently book guarantees, but my upcoming  guarantee has not been assigned yet. When I checked in, my set sail pass indicates a deck and a Muster Station.   This is the first time I’ve encountered this type of information. 

Does anyone know if the info is just a placeholder or if that will be my actual deck?    

Thanks. 

M

From what I’ve read the info that you see is correct, you just now have to wait on the cabin number. 

Just checked my clients reservation for NYE cruise on Oasis.  Cabin just assigned yesterday, one day after I made final payment but still a few days before Royals actual final payment date.  Great cabin, deck 11 balcony about 5 cabins away from aft elevators.  Booked a 7D guarantee and received a 5D.