When are GTY/Guarantee cabins issued?

swdke

I booked a Suite GTY straight through RCCL and online only indicates #GTY and my receipt only says GTY.  I called and said why is there no indication of suite GTY anywhere and the agent says well we show it here and you need to trust you will be assigned a suite.....not sure how I want to approach this but basically I do not have the warm fuzzy feeling I just need to let it ride and all will turn out well. 

We booked oceanview balcony guaranty on Symphony for 10-5-19 sailing on 9-12-19 and up to today did not have assignment yet.  We were getting antsy.  TA got a call from RCCL today asking if we would take a Boardwalk balcony.  They offered to refund 50% of our Cruise fare and a $500.00 onboard credit.  Anyone ever hear of this before. We ended up taking deal.

The gty price is a third of the normal balcony prices for the Dubai cruises on the Jewel early next year

I would presume that will mean most would book the cheapest rate

We will be Diamond Plus for that cruise, and we put upgrades on our preferences, so my question is...

Will that mean we are less likely to be given one with an obstructed view, so a higher deck or whatever?

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

The gty price is a third of the normal balcony prices for the Dubai cruises on the Jewel early next year

I would presume that will mean most would book the cheapest rate

We will be Diamond Plus for that cruise, and we put upgrades on our preferences, so my question is...

Will that mean we are less likely to be given one with an obstructed view, so a higher deck or whatever?

There are no free upgrades any more. 

On 10/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, rolloman said:

I booked a Suite GTY straight through RCCL and online only indicates #GTY and my receipt only says GTY.  I called and said why is there no indication of suite GTY anywhere and the agent says well we show it here and you need to trust you will be assigned a suite.....not sure how I want to approach this but basically I do not have the warm fuzzy feeling I just need to let it ride and all will turn out well. 

We booked an ocean view balcony guarantee and ours said the same thing, just GTY. I called Royal and they said it showed on their end and assured me it was for an ocean view balcony. When we got assigned we received a hump cabin with large balcony and we are thrilled! 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 8:22 PM, Host Clarea said:

There's no "usually" or "typically".   Assignment can come anytime between now and the day to get to the pier.

Bob,

Is there any way to merge the numerous Guarantee Allocation threads that all are essentially asking the same question? I am currently seeing no less than 5 in my first 3 pages.

thanks!

1 hour ago, ladytaekwondo said:

14 days till GOS Oct 17!  We got our cabin assignments!!!!  HURRAY!!!

Just curious, what category or class GTY was booked and what did you get?

With Up bidding program I  am wondering if any GTY booking are getting class of cabin upgrades this days.

Edited by robtulipe

We have a guarantee balcony on the brilliance for November.  I don’t have an assignment yet but today I received a Royal up offer for a  Junior suite.    I’m guessing that people who booked an ocean view cabin probably got a Royal up offer for a balcony. 

I’m suspecting that with the Royal  up program,  our guarantee will not be assigned until very close to sail date. 

M

21 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are no free upgrades any more. 

I am not asking about a free upgrade

There are various categories of balcony cabin. I just want to know that if everyone books a guarantee, will the Diamond Plus etc., get the better categories?

For example, not the ones with obstructed views

2 hours ago, compman9 said:

There are various categories of balcony cabin. I just want to know that if everyone books a guarantee, will the Diamond Plus etc., get the better categories?

C&A status does not have any impact cabin assignments.

3 hours ago, compman9 said:

No

They do say it is random, but I was very lucky with my two interior guarantees and got promenades. I know not everyone considers that an upgrade, but for me much better than deck 2 or 3 way forward or aft. We are diamond.

• Like 1

I got our GTY assignment 30 days before for an Interior GTY got an Interior GTY on Deck 3 Forward. Still waiting for RoyalUP but am happy with the location.  I find that it helps if you know what you  are getting into with a GTY Cabin then you won't be disappointed. We saved $$$ on our Interior GTY and this is for the first of our B2B on a Port Intensive Med Sailing.

On the second B2B I had an assigned OceanView Cabin and put in a RoyalUp for a Balcony and got a good Balcony for $500 all in for a 2 week sailing and we are very hapy. We used our savings for shore excursions, Specialty Dining etc.  

I booked a last minute cruise on the allure (15 days prior to sailing) and we took a gty oceanview balcony, it was the last one they offered. The very next day I received a royal up offer which I ignored and yesterday I got my cabin assignment which was ocean view with large balcony. We are very pleased with what we were assigned!