When are GTY/Guarantee cabins issued?

swdke

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Very good location - probably a pretty standard inside cabin.

Thank you, I'm happy to hear that. This will be the second time we're going to stay in an interior cabin, first time we stayed in an interior on Navigator on deck 3. It was so noisy so we were so worried about the room we got this time. 😊

Edited by Moon Orchid

I took a chance and booked a suite GTY on 9/2/19 on Allure.  I booked through  Royal and paid in full. Since this is only our 2nd Royal cruise, i didn't expect anything more than a Junior Suite, but had fingers crossed.

After I booked, I continued to read reviews and found that I should check the site every day to see if pricing on the various offers were on sale.  When I saw the price on the Ult Bev Pkg was on sale, I tried to book it, but it wouldn't take, it showed up at a higher price when in cart...WT!!!   I was told I missed the sale (boat).  Decided not to purchase since the total would be more than what we would drink for the week.

Through further research, I read that suite cabins must prepay gratuities.  I thought, why didn't the Royal rep charge me for this when I was prepaying in full???   So, this is when I called Royal and requested the prepay gratuities be added (Oct 10th).  I received my suite assignment yesterday, 10/11. We received a Junior Suite, 7630.  I called Royal again to inquire if I can possibly be moved to Port side, but was told, all suites are sold out.  So, I couldn't even pay for the difference of a category upgrade.  I'm a little disappointed with the deck, (normally select decks 10+) but that's the chance I took with GTY.  I'm sure we'll be just fine.

Temperatures just dropped from the 60's to the 40's, brrrrrr,  looking forward to our upcoming cruise on Allure, Nov 10, 2019.

5 minutes ago, Gennystravel said:

I took a chance and booked a suite GTY on 9/2/19 on Allure.  I booked through  Royal and paid in full. Since this is only our 2nd Royal cruise, i didn't expect anything more than a Junior Suite, but had fingers crossed.

After I booked, I continued to read reviews and found that I should check the site every day to see if pricing on the various offers were on sale.  When I saw the price on the Ult Bev Pkg was on sale, I tried to book it, but it wouldn't take, it showed up at a higher price when in cart...WT!!!   I was told I missed the sale (boat).  Decided not to purchase since the total would be more than what we would drink for the week.

Through further research, I read that suite cabins must prepay gratuities.  I thought, why didn't the Royal rep charge me for this when I was prepaying in full???   So, this is when I called Royal and requested the prepay gratuities be added (Oct 10th).  I received my suite assignment yesterday, 10/11. We received a Junior Suite, 7630.  I called Royal again to inquire if I can possibly be moved to Port side, but was told, all suites are sold out.  So, I couldn't even pay for the difference of a category upgrade.  I'm a little disappointed with the deck, (normally select decks 10+) but that's the chance I took with GTY.  I'm sure we'll be just fine.

Temperatures just dropped from the 60's to the 40's, brrrrrr,  looking forward to our upcoming cruise on Allure, Nov 10, 2019.

I have never heard that suite passengers must prepay gratuities.  I call shenanigans.

3 hours ago, Gennystravel said:

We just had our first snow here in Colorado yesterday and I already want my summer back.It's too cold 😨.See you on board😀

On 8/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Mullwi said:

Hi! I have 3 interior guarantees for  Freedom 10/27. We are all diamond and diamond plus. Our set sail pass lists our deck as “reprint”, cabin as “GTY”, but we have muster stations. my adult children and I have B15 and parents have C08. I’m assuming we have tentative assignments.  Any way to tell what category may be based on muster stations? thanks!

Where did you see the muster stations?

16 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

We just had our first snow here in Colorado yesterday and I already want my summer back.It's too cold 😨.See you on board😀

I heard about the Colorado drop of like 60 degrees, wow.  You're summer's coming on the Allure.😎

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gennystravel said:

I heard about the Colorado drop of like 60 degrees, wow.  You're summer's coming on the Allure.😎

That's Colorado,sometime it is summer in the morning then change to winter in the afternoon.We're in the 70 again today, but still looking forward to board the Allure😀

You can also check luggage tags.  it has picture of ship and indicates forward, mid and aft on the picture. our showed mid for two cabins and forward for another.  Both were accurate when we got the cabin number at 30 days after having just deck and muster station 45 days out.

So I called today because we are about 36 days out and I was told it could be up to 3 days prior to sail. He agent said that they had not sold very many balconies so they would not assign until they had or 3 days.  I did look at my luggage tag and it shows A and back of the ship????  And Muster station of D21

You all had me curious.....I checked my luggage tags on both legs of my back to back.  They no longer say any room.....but both are B aft.  Hummmm.  We did Royal up for both legs.  Won’t DH be surprised if he has to pay more both weeks.  Lol.  Actually I have no idea what any of this means.   I would like to know before we fly to Florida just so I can have tags printed but I know too that I can make them last minute for the pier.  They really just need our name, deck and  room number.  I do not want to go searching for my bags as we have had to do that before.  It makes you feel like a creeper going up and down halls looking for them.

This is fascinating!  We too have booked GTY OV balconies. Ours indicate we are on Deck 6 AFT Port side. Luggage tags say "C" and are on the far left back quadrant colored mint green. Muster Station is F04 on Oasis of the Seas. Another 47 days until we sail. Was hoping we were a little more central/mid-ship. But sounds like we are going to be further back. No prob getting our Fitbit steps in!

Edited by CruiszBug

12 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

This is fascinating!  We too have booked GTY OV balconies. Ours indicate we are on Deck 6 AFT Port side. Luggage tags say "C" and are on the far left back quadrant colored mint green. Muster Station is F04 on Oasis of the Seas. Another 47 days until we sail. Was hoping we were a little more central/mid-ship. But sounds like we are going to be further back. No prob getting our Fitbit steps in!

It sounds like you have a boardwalk balcony. We have a gty neighborhood balcony booked for the 27th on Allure (sister ship of Oasis) our muster was F02 and our luggage tags were also C mint green. Anyways, we got our cabin assignment at 30 days prior to our upcoming sail date and we are in a BW balcony port side...If im not mistaken F04 is also BW. 

The system seems weird and random. I'm sure there is a method to their madness, but I booked a non GTY OV room for May 1, 2020 and then changed my mind and upgraded to a GTY balcony. They assigned me a room 2 days later with over 200 days before my sailing date. 

6 hours ago, kimala said:

It sounds like you have a boardwalk balcony. We have a gty neighborhood balcony booked for the 27th on Allure (sister ship of Oasis) our muster was F02 and our luggage tags were also C mint green. Anyways, we got our cabin assignment at 30 days prior to our upcoming sail date and we are in a BW balcony port side...If im not mistaken F04 is also BW. 

Well I hope not! Lol! I booked a GTY Oceanview Balcony. This cruise will be followed by a B2B in a Central Park Balcony for the last hurrah of the Neighborhood Balcony benefits!

Edited by CruiszBug

For those of you still waiting to find out your guarantee booking and your ship sails soon, we are on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Have an inside guarantee for 3 booked on Explorer 9 night southern for NEXT Thanksgiving (2020 - still over 400 days out) and have been assigned a room already!!!     Wow, that seems really early - maybe because its a holiday cruise the rooms for 3/4 are filling so they wanted to get us assigned???

29 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

Wow, that seems really early - maybe because its a holiday cruise the rooms for 3/4 are filling so they wanted to get us assigned???

Being able to book a GTY on a cruise so far out is already an anomaly, so getting the assignment so early is unusual as well.

21 hours ago, kimala said:

Muster stations are related to cabins in specific areas of the ship but not to specific cabin types in that area. You could meet people from inside cabins up to suites at your muster station.  

Edited by Saab4444