Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
4x4bob

What is the current content of the Elite mini bar set up

Recommended Posts

On 9/7/2019 at 1:32 PM, honeyclair said:

What wine is offered in lieu of the bar set up?

I would also like to know .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I might ask as my DW and I only drink wine and bottled water, what items can we swap out for wine and what items can we swap out for water?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask as my DW and I only drink wine and bottled water, what items can we swap out for wine and what items can we swap out for water?

You can swap the ENTIRE set up for ONE bottle of wine.

 

You can trade out any bottle of booze or beer, any can of soda for bottled water ... one for one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

You can swap the ENTIRE set up for ONE bottle of wine.

 

You can trade out any bottle of booze or beer, any can of soda for bottled water ... one for one 

Thanks! Water it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

You can swap the ENTIRE set up for ONE bottle of wine.

 

You can trade out any bottle of booze or beer, any can of soda for bottled water ... one for one 

 

I wish I knew that the entire set-up could have been exchanged for a bottle of wine.

 

Your comment that "you can trade out any bottle of booze....one for one" is true only if the ship has a supply of the small bottles of the liquor you want.  This is based on my August experience on Coral Princess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

 

I wish I knew that the entire set-up could have been exchanged for a bottle of wine.

 

Your comment that "you can trade out any bottle of booze....one for one" is true only if the ship has a supply of the small bottles of the liquor you want.  This is based on my August experience on Coral Princess.

But if you wsnt to trade your little bottles of booze for water, which is what I meant, it doesn't matter what is in ship stores, as long as they have water ... my reply had to do with getting water  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I wish they'd add rum to the lineup. 

and bourbon ...:classic_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I swapped the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine, I was limited to the wine list in the room service menu and there was a max dollar amount, I think around $35 or $40. I asked if I could get a specific wine from the MDR wine list and pay the extra cost but was told “no”. In fact, even if a MDR wine was within the cost limit, swapping for that was still not allowed.

 

I am hopeful that the room service wine list has been improved now that Princess has revamped the other wine lists as getting 2 coffee packages when I’m the only one who drinks it, just isn’t practical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

The last time I swapped the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine, I was limited to the wine list in the room service menu and there was a max dollar amount, I think around $35 or $40. I asked if I could get a specific wine from the MDR wine list and pay the extra cost but was told “no”. In fact, even if a MDR wine was within the cost limit, swapping for that was still not allowed.

 

Just my opinion with which others are likely to disagree, this mini-bar Elite "perk" is much too restrictive to be appreciated by this Princess cruiser.

 

When I cannot exchange some small bottles of liquor for a Canadian Club or Crown Royal botles because "such is not available" is NOT Elite Guest friendly.  If a small regional jet's galley can provide such small bottles, and the storerooms of a Princess ship cannot?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've only done two Elite cruises so far. I'm happy to receive 10 complimentary alcoholic drinks from Princess. I usually drink wine so I've appreciated having something different to try. I'm settling on which couple of mini-bar items I'll favour. My husband just has a couple of beer.  Now that I've earned this perk, I wouldn't want Princess to take it away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your cruise is actually 2 back-to-back cruises, but bought as one, do you get a set-up for each segment? I am doing 28 days, with a 20-day, and an 8-day segment. Hopeful in all that time for renewal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, generichandle said:

If your cruise is actually 2 back-to-back cruises, but bought as one, do you get a set-up for each segment? I am doing 28 days, with a 20-day, and an 8-day segment. Hopeful in all that time for renewal.

 

Pretty sure the answer is yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, generichandle said:

If your cruise is actually 2 back-to-back cruises, but bought as one, do you get a set-up for each segment? I am doing 28 days, with a 20-day, and an 8-day segment. Hopeful in all that time for renewal.

 

I have a 14 days in Oct that can be booked as 2x7 day.  I emailed Captain Circle, they said I would a set up for each segment so 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...