Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Noreen411

Anthem of the Seas - Review - Bermuda - August 10, 2019 - August 15, 2019

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the review.  We enjoyed Bermuda when we were there this spring.

 

Since you have sailed Anthem a few times, do you remember if the Diamond happy hour is always 4:30 to 8:00 for this ship?  We are sailing Anthem for the first time in April, so I am looking at times to book dining.

 

Oh, and a trick to get around the number of links permitted in your signature, is to use google docs.  You can see how I did this with the link in my signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, Noreen411 said:

Here is a picture of Scott and I from Anthem in 2018 so you’ll know what we look like before I start adding more pictures.

 

 

2038998D-EED9-420C-B0F2-93C8130A8584.jpeg

Noreen...

Just found this review and liked it so much I went back and read the Reflection review.

Just love your attitude and style of writing your reviews.

We are so similar...I do mani/pedi's before our trips, I like taking bunch of pictures, I'm a light weight as it comes to drinking, enjoy the casino, and I'm easily amused by the little things (butter made into shapes, etc...).

I especially like your husbands shirts - so colorful.

Can't wait till your next review.  Maybe 2/20??  We also cruise again in 2/20, but trying MSC out for the first time (fingers crossed).

Until your next review...

Edited by tcmagnum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, tcmagnum said:

Love the review...
Still haven't made it to Bermuda, but it's on the list...

Bermuda is great.  We really enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 8:07 PM, h20skibum said:

Thanks for the review.  We enjoyed Bermuda when we were there this spring.

 

Since you have sailed Anthem a few times, do you remember if the Diamond happy hour is always 4:30 to 8:00 for this ship?  We are sailing Anthem for the first time in April, so I am looking at times to book dining.

 

Oh, and a trick to get around the number of links permitted in your signature, is to use google docs.  You can see how I did this with the link in my signature.

Hi

 

I just checked the documents for our last few Anthem cruises - all in 2019.  I figured this year’s info is most relevant.  It’s been pretty consistent with 4:30-8 the last few trips.

Feb: 12 nights Caribbean:  4:30-8

June: 9 nights Bermuda and Caribbean: 4:30-8

August: 5 nights Bermuda: 4:30-8

 

Wow - that Google Docs looks great.  I’m starting to play with it, but am not as tech savvy as you.  I’ve gotten to the point of a basic document that looks like a word document that lists my cruises and I attached my links to the reviews in cruisecritic.  I haven’t figured out how to make it viewable by others but not editable (I don’t want someone to click the link to the google doc and delete my list and links to reviews).  It isn’t fancy but I’m working on it.

 

Thank you
Noreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 12:10 PM, tcmagnum said:

Noreen...

Just found this review and liked it so much I went back and read the Reflection review.

Just love your attitude and style of writing your reviews.

We are so similar...I do mani/pedi's before our trips, I like taking bunch of pictures, I'm a light weight as it comes to drinking, enjoy the casino, and I'm easily amused by the little things (butter made into shapes, etc...).

I especially like your husbands shirts - so colorful.

Can't wait till your next review.  Maybe 2/20??  We also cruise again in 2/20, but trying MSC out for the first time (fingers crossed).

Until your next review...

Hi.  

 

Glad you enjoyed the reviews.  I love writing them and looking back on them later on.  It really helps you remember since the little things that happen aren’t as easy to remember as the big ones.  

 

Our next cruise will be a short one on Mariner before Disney World.  Then in February 2020 our winter cruise is surprisingly not going to be Anthem  (we’ll probably have withdrawal symptoms) but we’re going on Celebrity Silhouette.

 

Noreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 8/13/19 - Bermuda

 

We slept much later than usual and didn’t get up until 8am (it would have been 7am before the time change which is still late for us).

 

We skipped the gym this morning and just showered and got dressed.

 

We filled a laundry bag to send out.

 

We also skipped breakfast wanting to get on our way.

 

We planned to take a walk to find Sea Glass Beach.  I read it wasn’t a swimming beach so we didn’t take our beach stuff.

 

We passed the prison and a pretty blue church on the way.

 

 

DD1A1143-CEC3-4046-941F-261139666D96.jpeg

80A9AE8B-06D0-4C62-8173-F4FB6128BBCB.jpeg

 

We got a little lost but luckily asked someone who pointed us in the right direction.

13220DD4-A507-4149-86B0-B4400FF40814.jpeg

171421BD-FB63-4AA2-B2D2-3AB314C09863.jpeg

23C21158-5182-4675-B16E-6AC62B26A075.jpeg

15D8F795-E529-4A28-B45A-BE5736B1EAA1.jpeg

5B2F4105-EDA0-48FB-AF52-E7554E5F19FC.jpeg

21E2367D-05A5-44D7-9640-C31EFB3607F6.jpeg

 

It was very pretty but we didn’t hear the tinkling noise of the waves going over the sea glass.

808096D1-A68F-40CE-9A7D-EABF8BD991D6.jpeg

0E527170-C4D6-4C27-9716-9ACE9FD473A5.jpeg

 

We met a nice couple who were on the Norwegian Gem.  We hung out with them for a while at Sea Glass Beach then we headed off to continue walking/exploring.

D1130B86-D3E8-4139-A30D-A37018FAD3A4.jpeg

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 8/13/19 - Continued

 

We we were walking we found a beautiful cove like beach that was empty.  It was pretty close to Sea Glass Beach.

 

If we knew we would have found this we would have brought our bathing suits.  There weren’t any facilities but I would have had Scott hold up a towel and I could have changed between the towel and the big rocks and been fine.

 

 

D863C198-CB19-496B-B998-E7E9C5C33D5B.jpeg

97273B53-FE5D-462D-AC52-4F34DBB000FB.jpeg

 

Scott ended up going in the water in his shorts.  He loved it and said the water was warm from the minute you went in.  We would definitely come back here the next time we’re in Bermuda.

37250928-CB46-4B9A-AA0D-869882361CE0.jpeg

D28C2B4D-6E17-4870-ADDD-C3891AA513D6.jpeg

E9E43802-7791-47C1-B04F-153C48215AE1.jpeg

8AF2C7F5-32E2-406B-8FC6-B815F7FAA87A.jpeg

41A246CB-3D3A-461D-B2E9-7163C0B3FD91.jpeg

1FF2CB68-D001-4D0A-A445-DB1B7E5BBCA4.jpeg

 

When we started to walk back we saw a cemetery.

D6B7EF15-EE7A-46FD-A3CD-96DD0C00AC9A.jpeg

 

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 8/13/19 - Continued

 

As we were walking we saw a bus go by that said “Clocktower Mall” in the front and we were near the bus stop so we ran to catch the bus.  I had no idea how much the bus cost so I had cash in my hand and asked the driver; he told us to sit.  We sat in the back and figured he would tell us the price when we got off.  We were the last people getting off the bus and I asked him how much we owed and tried handing him $10.  He wouldn’t take it.  He said we’ve been blessed and to enjoy our day.  How nice was that?  

 

We went back to the ship.  We stopped for soda at the Patisserie.  Then we stopped at the cabin to drop off the knapsack and for Scott to change out of his wet shorts (which were almost dry by now).

 

We went to the Windjammer for lunch.

 

We really enjoyed our time in Bermuda.

 

Back in the cabin Scott took a nap.  I poked around on the internet.  After a while I showered and changed.

 

We have noticed the last few trips that people are not dressing up for dinner much on most nights.  We see a lot of shorts and T shirts.  It doesn’t bother us what other people wear.  We decided to be a little more casual tonight as well.

 

Scott went to the gym when he woke up and I went to the Alaska talk in 270.  We have been tossing around doing an Alaska cruise maybe in 2021 or 2022.  It wasn’t very crowded (since we were still in port) but it was interesting.

 

I went to the casino.  Scott met me in the casino after he showered and changed.

 

Cruise Critic is such a great way to share information as well as to meet people.  I met DonnaBonna in the casino.  She recognized me and came to say hello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 8/13/19 - Continued

 

We had dinner at Coastal Kitchen.

 

 

BAA46A95-0963-49A1-8589-97B59D0F1452.jpeg

E4974F3E-F846-4412-9A09-35ADF18B1DEB.jpeg

 

It was Caribbean night for the staff to wear Caribbean themed tops.

 

Amar and Rajeev are dressed for Caribbean night.

A38F483F-5B30-4729-9647-3F294CCBC836.jpeg

297216FF-8229-407F-B420-CBAEBCAB0001.jpeg

 

For my appetizer I had the risotto.  I didn’t like it tonight as it was too parmesany (I know a made up word but I couldn’t figure out how else to describe it).

 

 

 

8AB502A0-4D1F-46D5-8BDE-41EE5C5B46C9.jpeg

 

Scott had the salmon sashimi and a shrimp cocktail.

793933D4-8169-49E5-8361-1B01200CC0AA.jpeg

68AB8E11-C8AD-47E4-B158-703721E84466.jpeg

 

For our entree we both had naked lobster with vegetables and potatoes.  I am so glad I learned about ordering the lobster naked here on cruise critic.  I don’t like all the sauce and stuff they put on it otherwise.  The naked lobster was very good.

D1728BA3-52FD-4652-8191-D62BD7F337C0.jpeg

 

When we were ready for dessert I asked about the Celebration cake.  Rajeev said they are serving it in the dining room and he’ll get us one.  It was very pretty.  We also ordered a Baked Alaska.  We planned to share both.

 

 

3CB38AF8-3467-4739-B0D2-833133B7DB22.jpeg

1FA9067C-9375-422B-9CD8-6946B0E00886.jpeg

2B63CFF2-9759-49D4-8DE0-CCFDF54A931F.jpeg

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday 8/13/19 - Continued

 

We went back to the casino after dinner.  We started playing this cute penny machine called Texas Tornado.  I’m normally more of a poker machine player and don’t play the confusing games but this one was adorable and had a side bet of a poker hand so I was easily able to follow that side of it.  The other side was fun since I didn’t actually know what was happening but would get these bonus rounds where you pick things that multiply your winnings.  I had so much fun playing this game.

 

 

A50AA4D4-7E8B-4390-A192-FCE481D8AC9B.jpeg

 

We planned to see the Love and Marriage show as well as the late night comedian.  But we ended up staying in the casino until about 1am instead.

 

We had pizza at Sorrento’s.  An employee working there recognized Scott and came out from the kitchen area to say hi.  The employees move around a lot.  The first time we met him a few years ago he was working as a bartender in the casino.  In February he was working at the Solarium Bar.  I don’t think we saw him in June.  This trip he said he’s also working at Brass and Bock so we told him we would come there tomorrow for lunch when he starts.  He said he starts around 1:30.

 

Back in our cabin we had another towel animal.  I think this one is a bunny (a pointy ear bunny).

 

 

F91EC6DD-7E41-4369-803D-1F85C7DA9428.jpeg

 

We turned the clocks back tonight.

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

 

I just checked the documents for our last few Anthem cruises - all in 2019.  I figured this year’s info is most relevant.  It’s been pretty consistent with 4:30-8 the last few trips.

Feb: 12 nights Caribbean:  4:30-8

June: 9 nights Bermuda and Caribbean: 4:30-8

August: 5 nights Bermuda: 4:30-8

 

Wow - that Google Docs looks great.  I’m starting to play with it, but am not as tech savvy as you.  I’ve gotten to the point of a basic document that looks like a word document that lists my cruises and I attached my links to the reviews in cruisecritic.  I haven’t figured out how to make it viewable by others but not editable (I don’t want someone to click the link to the google doc and delete my list and links to reviews).  It isn’t fancy but I’m working on it.

 

Thank you
Noreen

Thank you

 

You can make google docs just viewable, but it has to be done on a computer.  They do not have the option if you work strictly on a mobile device.  (at least not on an iphone or ipad) 

 

I see you got the Anniversary cake.  We have been on three cruises so far this year, and missed it on every one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you

 

You can make google docs just viewable, but it has to be done on a computer.  They do not have the option if you work strictly on a mobile device.  (at least not on an iphone or ipad) 

 

I see you got the Anniversary cake.  We have been on three cruises so far this year, and missed it on every one.

Thank you for the info on the google doc security.  I will work on it on a computer so it’s viewable only.

 

Yes - that anniversary cake.  I kept seeing it in people’s reviews and we never had one.  If I didn’t specifically ask we would have missed it again.  They weren’t serving it in Coastal Kitchen, just the main dining room.  It’s such a great idea, they should have it in all the restaurants whichever night they offer it in the MDR.

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday 8/14/19 - At Sea

 

We went to the gym together around 6:30.

 

At the Patisserie I had iced cappuccino with a shot of vanilla.  Scott had a hot cappuccino with a shot of vanilla.

 

Back at the cabin we showered and got dressed.

 

We ordered our pictures - the Boarding photo and the one from formal night.  I put them in the review when they happened but this is when we actually ordered them.

 

We took a few pictures walking around the ship.

 

 

5FA7A4CC-91E8-49B1-85E9-B2A9F9380ECC.jpeg

F2C3AB5C-A68A-43AC-8EFA-C3E9EA8CF5DD.jpeg

 

We haven’t been keeping up with our daily SkeeBall tournament so we went to the arcade to continue.  Scott won the first round.  Since we’re tied we played another round which I won.

 

 

6E1D5D65-E6AF-4BE8-85CE-2A74BEE35868.jpeg

 

You get points from the games that you can pick prizes from a redemption machine.  Scott picked a compass (not the paper ones on the ship with what time a show is, but an old fashioned type of compass that shows directions) that we’ll give to Rajeev (as a silly little gift) who is leaving after this contract to get married and open a van business.

 

 

BF7C2334-D4CE-4B3F-BD78-E0A1A25D9853.jpeg

 

We had some extra points that we wanted to give to a child to enjoy.  The arcade hasn’t been crowded but we would see one or two others in there.  I told Scott I wanted to give the points to a little girl playing SkeeBall.  I walked over and asked the mother if it’s OK to give the daughter the extra points.  As the mother is telling the daughter Scott comes by and overhears us and apologizes since he already gave the points to a little boy who was there with his grandfather.  We felt terrible and apologized to the mother and little girl several times for the misunderstanding.  Scott didn’t hear me when I said I was going to offer the points to the little girl.  

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday 8/14/19 - Continued

 

We returned our beach towels to the pool area.

 

We stopped at the casino and I switched my incorrect certificate that was delivered to our cabin for the correct one.  I had enough points for a free inside cabin certificate, but my original one was for dollars off.  They must have printed the certificates very early since I had enough points since last night.  The casino host quickly switched it for me.  

 

We picked up our pictures that we ordered earlier.  

 

We went to Brass and Bock for lunch as we told the crew member we were chatting with last night that we would.  This is the first time we’ve seen it crowded here so he didn’t have much time to chat with us.

7FD455F4-16AD-4BC2-B090-C55E801C979C.jpeg

E748E4D2-9414-4E06-8E08-2C9C4EC151CF.jpeg

 

We both had soda.  We shared a burger.  They are huge and we knew we wouldn’t each finish one so sharing works well here.  

F31ED5B2-2D23-4A74-9A68-C21C95A567FC.jpeg

 

We also shared the fried cheesecake.  This is the first time we tried this and it was very good.

A6525B4F-7B91-46CC-9E04-519B5AEA2E59.jpeg

 

We have never had a bad meal at Brass and Bock.  We really enjoy it. 

 

We walked around the ship a bit more and I took a picture in the basket/teepee chair.  

BF834B8A-0B16-4BB4-8450-E94CD5AB9852.jpeg

 

We dropped the pictures back in the cabin.

 

The laundry was delivered while we were out.  

85EBF9CC-DB07-471D-BC44-EDEE587F9A8F.jpeg

 

We went to the casino to play a bit more.  I was having fun playing Texas Tornado again.

 

We went back to the cabin and did most of the packing.  Packing to go home is not as much fun as packing to go on a trip, but it’s a lot easier since it doesn’t need to be very organized.

 

We showered and changed for the evening.

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday 8/14/19 - Continued

 

On our way to dinner we stopped outside and took a picture by this cute statue.  

 

 

EB2305F6-E265-4FA0-AD47-3CF38262E9F0.jpeg

 

I realized we have taken a few pictures with that statue over several Anthem trips, but we never took one with the statue on the other side so we did that too.

5107A003-A17B-4405-8B8A-D741048B58D9.jpeg

353F1C4B-1F7F-494D-911F-695EC5B64835.jpeg

 

Northstar was up and running.

C2FB8998-120F-4568-9F03-37689612D2C2.jpeg

 

We headed to Coastal Kitchen for dinner.  Since the lady that would greet us wasn’t at the podium when we arrived Scott posed there for me.  She was there a minute or so later and brought us to our table.

D730E3FE-423A-46C1-86A0-23F2ACB6D524.jpeg

6CD62E2B-A6C4-42CC-A909-33048949F4EF.jpeg

2BA72A9E-3924-4F9C-8E1E-27E1A8818AAC.jpeg

 

I like drinking with a straw and tonight Rajeev made the straw wrapper into a heart.

23454A47-EC97-4991-907E-1348940F7DB3.jpeg

 

We skipped appetizers tonight.

 

For our entrees I had the Sesame Crusted Tuna over Cauliflower fried rice.  Rajeev recommended the pairing  and it works well.  Scott had the Veal Chop.  We also had the Saffron Linguine to share.

2D350B97-8AC0-4C94-8136-93DAF96DD616.jpeg

98CC5BC0-A167-488D-84F5-C5BBDBBEFD6F.jpeg

9CBFAE07-6A2D-404E-B240-D51C44E06AD7.jpeg

 

One of the chefs would check on us each night.  He remembered us from prior trips and came to hug us hello early in the trip and would check on us each night.

26BD4433-D885-4DDF-9E3C-0924DC69DD62.jpeg

 

We weren’t in the mood for anything on the dessert menu.  I took a stroll into the Windjammer to check out their dessert selections.  Rajeev was at the coffee bar there getting Scott his espresso.  He said they had red velvet cake today in the Windjammer and would bring us each a slice.  Since I was there I also picked up a carrot cupcake because I liked the little white chocolate carrot on it.  The carrot cupcake tasted like apple but it was good.  The red velvet cake was pretty good too.

AD9811F9-ECDF-4406-81F3-F030480A5A70.jpeg

73303365-F4CB-4578-8D80-A49FB952C456.jpeg

2209F1B4-6C41-44D1-BFAC-66FFBC515447.jpeg

 

We hugged Rajeev and Amar goodbye.  It was sad to say goodbye to them.  They really made our experience in Coastal Kitchen great.  

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday 8/14/19 - Continued

 

We walked around the pool deck after dinner and over to the Solarium.

 

 

1E913481-3895-483C-B67A-B0562C73A11E.jpeg

 

We stopped back at the cabin and finished packing the things that needed to go in the bigger suitcases and put them out in the hallway.

 

 

6A7C2EA6-497F-4BF7-BBCD-938C48D83C64.jpeg

 

We went to the casino until about 2am.  I ended up having to switch my certificate again since I earned enough points for a free OceanView cabin so swapped out my inside cabin certificate for the OceanView one.  We’re pretty booked up for 2020 and the beginning of 2021 already so will end up applying the dollar off value to one of our trips.

 

We stopped for pizza on the way back to the cabin.  

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday 8/15/19 - Disembark - Bayonne NJ

 

We were still sailing around 6am.  I went on the balcony to take a few pictures.  

 

There was a Carnival ship sailing also.

 

 

3380A969-14AB-4442-A527-7BE8157BD1E8.jpeg

B7AFF390-B64F-42E0-8EBB-20DCB9C45543.jpeg

 

Seeing the Verrazano Bridge is always better when you see it leaving for your trip rather than coming home.

47F73E34-A7E7-40CF-986B-F6C2724EC6F5.jpeg

 

We showered and got dressed.  We packed up the last of the items to go in the carry on bags.

 

We were planning to go to breakfast in the dining room then head off so had our bags with us.  As we got off the elevator an employee asked if we were ready to go and we could walk right off.  So we headed off the ship.  It was about 7:45.

 

We had luggage tag #3.  When we got to the warehouse where the luggage is set up to pick up, they were only letting people with early numbers (maybe up to #5) get their luggage.  The people carrying off their luggage were also coming through.

 

There was a lady with a later tag who couldn’t get her luggage since it was still behind a barrier even though she was able to see it.  She kept asking a lady working there to let her just grab her bags and be on her way.

 

We were able to get our luggage with no problem having an early tag, but there were no porters available yet since they were all still busy getting the luggage off the ship.  We managed to pull all 5 bags.  

 

We were asked if we have US passports and were sent to a facial recognition machine at customs and we went right through.  We didn’t need to show our passports or talk to an agent.

 

We paid for parking at the little kiosk and Scott went to get the car while I waited with the luggage.

 

 

2B795BCE-1DC6-483F-82BA-9A5F05E080D0.jpeg

 

We loaded the car up and were pulling out of the lot by about 8:05.  That was very quick.  We will probably do this again next trip out of Bayonne; skip breakfast and just head out.

 

We stopped to pick up bagels and Starbucks on the way home.

 

The cats were very excited to see us.

 

We unpacked, got laundry started, and went through mail.  All the normal chores after getting home from vacation.

 

With a shorter trip there wasn’t as much to catch up on.

 

We stuck with our normal end of vacation tradition of going out to dinner that night and talking about the trip we just came back from as well and talking about the upcoming trips.  It helps us ease back into the normal routine.

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Thoughts

 

This was a great trip.  It was short but a lot of fun.  We are sad to see Anthem leave for Europe even though she’ll be back.  It was odd getting off the ship knowing we won’t be back on Anthem soon.  

 

Comparing the different types of Junior Suites we have had on the Anthem we both agree that we prefer the J1 - Junior Suite with Large Balcony over the J4 - Spa Junior Suite.    This was a very nice cabin but if we have a choice would choose the other one.  We weren’t a fan of the split bathroom as they are both small and you end up going back and forth.  We liked the stand up shower in the J4;  it was roomy and had both a rainhead and handheld shower wand as well as a seat that we used to keep bath products on.  We missed the large balcony with true lounge chairs.  This balcony had reclining seats with footstools that were comfortable.  I did appreciate the additional drawer space in the J4 over the J1.  There were more drawers and they were larger.  This isn’t meant to be a criticism of the cabin; it’s very nice.  The other one just works better for us.  

 

Bermuda is beautiful.  Exploring and finding that secluded beach was great and we’ll do more of that type of stuff in the future.

 

The employees on Anthem make the trip for us.  We feel special as we know many of them and enjoy chatting with them.

 

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to answer.  I love talking about cruising.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 2:05 PM, Noreen411 said:

Final Thoughts

 

This was a great trip.  It was short but a lot of fun.  We are sad to see Anthem leave for Europe even though she’ll be back.  It was odd getting off the ship knowing we won’t be back on Anthem soon.  

 

Comparing the different types of Junior Suites we have had on the Anthem we both agree that we prefer the J1 - Junior Suite with Large Balcony over the J4 - Spa Junior Suite.    This was a very nice cabin but if we have a choice would choose the other one.  We weren’t a fan of the split bathroom as they are both small and you end up going back and forth.  We liked the stand up shower in the J4;  it was roomy and had both a rainhead and handheld shower wand as well as a seat that we used to keep bath products on.  We missed the large balcony with true lounge chairs.  This balcony had reclining seats with footstools that were comfortable.  I did appreciate the additional drawer space in the J4 over the J1.  There were more drawers and they were larger.  This isn’t meant to be a criticism of the cabin; it’s very nice.  The other one just works better for us.  

 

Bermuda is beautiful.  Exploring and finding that secluded beach was great and we’ll do more of that type of stuff in the future.

 

The employees on Anthem make the trip for us.  We feel special as we know many of them and enjoy chatting with them.

 

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to answer.  I love talking about cruising.

 

 

 

Thanks for your detailed reviews Noreen! I am trying to decide between the 5 night Bermuda and the 9 night Bermuda/Southern Caribbean for next summer (these would be on Adventure, not Anthem). Since you just did both of those itineraries, do you have any thoughts comparing the two? Pricewise we are a bit more limited than you, I am looking at a Panoramic Ocean View on the 5 night, and a Promenade view interior on the 9 night (no panoramic rooms available). I'm leaning towards the 5 night - I like the idea of 2 days in Bermuda, and I'm not sure about having an interior cabin for 9 nights. Also, the 5 night would be in either September or October and the 9 night would be in August. But is the 5 night too short? Help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For us a 5 night is too short.  We try to do at least 10 nights or longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 2:21 PM, Noreen411 said:

  In an earlier review I wrote where we posed under the arch, I was advised that we’re supposed to kiss under the arch for good luck.  So we did.  T

2A444A73-6B3B-4C57-BDCA-E06B0CF8E089.jpeg

 

 

👍👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

 

Thanks for your detailed reviews Noreen! I am trying to decide between the 5 night Bermuda and the 9 night Bermuda/Southern Caribbean for next summer (these would be on Adventure, not Anthem). Since you just did both of those itineraries, do you have any thoughts comparing the two? Pricewise we are a bit more limited than you, I am looking at a Panoramic Ocean View on the 5 night, and a Promenade view interior on the 9 night (no panoramic rooms available). I'm leaning towards the 5 night - I like the idea of 2 days in Bermuda, and I'm not sure about having an interior cabin for 9 nights. Also, the 5 night would be in either September or October and the 9 night would be in August. But is the 5 night too short? Help!

Hi

 

If it was me choosing, I would do the 9 night.  You still have the one day in Bermuda plus the other islands.  You will have more time to unwind and get into vacation mode.

 

The promenade view rooms are fun.  It’s different than the regular inside since you can look out over the promenade.

 

You will have a great time on either one.

 

Enjoy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...