Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
RAS4331

Holland America casino question

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have tried to research this, but found conflicting answers.  In a Holland America casino, should we have cash available for the slot machines, or do we use our room card and it goes on our account?  We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam (our first-ever cruise).  We're not huge gamblers but will enjoy spending some time in the casino.

Edited by RAS4331

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RAS4331 said:

I have tried to research this, but found conflicting answers.  In a Holland America casino, should we have cash available for the slot machines, or do we use our room card and it goes on our account?  We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam (our first-ever cruise).  We're not huge gamblers but will enjoy spending some time in the casino.

You can either feed the slot machines cash or charge to your cabin.  Easy peasy!  Enjoy your cruise on Zuiderdam.  We had a great time on her eastbound TA in April/May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure you put your key card in and register even if you are using cash.

 

that way you accumulate points for possible free play and possible casino discount 😄 

 

As Taters said you can do either, alterntate, use one or both.  No problem at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Can OBC be used in the casino slots?

Yes and no.  While casino charges do go on your cabin account, only non-HAL issued OBC can be used for this purpose (thus, HAL issued OBC cannot be used).  

 

Understand that during the course of your cruise, it might APPEAR that HAL OBC is being used for your casino charges, at the end of your cruise (usually the last day) the account will be adjusted and you will be billed for your casino charges (sometimes HAL drops the ball and misses this adjustment, but I would not count on it).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Yes and no.  While casino charges do go on your cabin account, only non-HAL issued OBC can be used for this purpose (thus, HAL issued OBC cannot be used).  

 

Understand that during the course of your cruise, it might APPEAR that HAL OBC is being used for your casino charges, at the end of your cruise (usually the last day) the account will be adjusted and you will be billed for your casino charges (sometimes HAL drops the ball and misses this adjustment, but I would not count on it).

 

Thanks. My TA is giving me $50 so I assume I can use that, but I am getting $100 shareholder credit so I cannot use that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Thanks. My TA is giving me $50 so I assume I can use that, but I am getting $100 shareholder credit so I cannot use that?

Thats correct.  Remember that all OBC can be used toward your Hotel Service Charge (gratuities), so $150 will not go very far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Thats correct.  Remember that all OBC can be used toward your Hotel Service Charge (gratuities), so $150 will not go very far.

I have free gratuities - that's why this is new to me, usually they take up any OBC I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I have free gratuities - that's why this is new to me, usually they take up any OBC I have.

 

 

Lots of ways to use up your OBC - shore excursions (if you are so inclined), water, specialty coffees, pop, drinks, PG dinner, etc.

 

Your TA’s OBC is refundable - HAL’s is not.  

 

Have fun 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...