Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
funtocruiselm

MSC Cruise Smoking Areas

Recommended Posts

Let's start a list of the smoking areas on MSC ships.  We were on Musica in Venice and we are going on Armonia soon and found the following information online, so I hope it is right.  We want to cruise on Poesia but we can't find any information.  It would sure be nice if the cruise lines posted the information so we know where to go, so often the staff has no idea where the smoking areas are located.

 

Ship name: MSC Musica
Deck 7 Cigar lounge allows cigarette smokers
Deck 7 outside the Cigar lounge
Deck 7 smoking area before Casino and while playing
Deck 13 by pool on one side of deck

 

MSC Armonia
Deck 6 - Casino and lower deck midship
Deck 5- Cigar Lounge forward
Deck 11 - Pool deck midship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see you are doing this on other cruise line boards!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Edited by emmas gran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posting about what interests me.  We adults want to know where the smoking areas are and Carnival is the only one posting the locations on their website.

 

To all cruise lines:

Each cruise line should post the locations of indoor and outdoor smoking areas, so everyone can decide where they want their cabin and non-smokers can avoid these areas.  There are more cigarette smokers than cigar smokers and we deserve a comfortable place indoors, not just the casino when there is bad weather.  There should be an indoor cigarette smoking room for the 15-20% of smokers on each ship with seating for 20 and at least 3 outdoor areas on different levels with seating for 20. We want to enjoy our vacation!

Just as adults are going to continue to smoke cigars, cigarette smokers will continue to smoke cigarettes.

Carnival makes it easy to figure out.   

I hope the cruise lines read these posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I have read your posts and see you are a smoker wanting a room for cigarette smokers to use not mixing  with cigar smokers, that is something you have to put up with. 

I can tell you on Celebrity all smoking areas are outdoors none in the main areas and no smoking allowed on balconies. 

 

 

Edited by emmas gran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE LOVE that our most often sailed line does have an Indoor clean air policy...(no indoor smoking/limited outdoor sites) ...so honestly will be paying attention to MSC and smoking etc

Happy to report smokers who abuse rules/designated areas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

Can I suggest a dingy towed behind the ship.

 

Thx you echo my thoughts, I was being tactful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow not feeling the love! Can’ t we all get along. If prohibition still existed I think some people might be more understanding if people had a drink or two.  Would you feel obliged to call security on them. Maybe just turning and waking away would be sufficient.

 

Everyone deserves to have a god time.  If 5% of the ship is smoking or three small areas, I think the remaining 95% should be enough for the non smokers.

 

i don’t smoke! But can apparently deal with the few folks that do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

Wow not feeling the love! Can’ t we all get along. If prohibition still existed I think some people might be more understanding if people had a drink or two.  Would you feel obliged to call security on them. Maybe just turning and waking away would be sufficient.

 

Everyone deserves to have a god time.  If 5% of the ship is smoking or three small areas, I think the remaining 95% should be enough for the non smokers.

 

i don’t smoke! But can apparently deal with the few folks that do.

 

Well said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

 

Thx you echo my thoughts, I was being tactful 

When people put other’s health at risk there is no point in being tactful.  It is a disgusting habit that endanger everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a smoker for a number of years. The  OP wants a record of smoking areas on all ships on cruise lines he has posted on other boards asking for the information so if smokers want to help him do this that’s fine . Smoking areas are clearly defined when you board a ship, as I previously stated Celebrity does not allow any smoking inside.

We are all allowed to give a view on this, but if smokers have a designated area they should use it as the cruise lines obviously think it sufficient for the purpose.

Edited by emmas gran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO place for smoking at sea.

Brutal but an honest opinion.

But ....no line will walk away from potential income by ring-fencing some 10% of their potential customers I guess.

Some people drink, even too much! Some certainly eat too much. Some have offensive ways by which they behave. But smoking is a health hazard in many ways and crucially a potential danger, the biggest fear at sea any sailor will tell you,  so it gets my vote to be outlawed!

But we all have rights and as long as smoking is confined to certain places, there is no excuse for letting it spoil your sailing as non-smokers, certainly in the current set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all cruise lines:

 

Each cruise line should post the locations of indoor and outdoor smoking areas for smokers and non-smokers so everyone knows where to go and can decide where they want their cabin and non-smokers can avoid these areas.  Please list the information on your website.

 

There are more cigarette smokers than cigar smokers and we deserve a comfortable place indoors, not just the casino when there is bad weather.  There should be an indoor cigarette smoking room for  smokers on each ship with seating for 20 and at least 3 outdoor areas on different levels with seating for 30. We want to enjoy our vacation and we don't want to stand by a smoking pole in freezing rainy weather or hot sun!  Smoking areas need cover and seating.

 

It would also be great to make the small plastic flip covered ashtrays available for each person so we can pick one up on our way into the smoking area and then we can dump it and put it back on the counter on our way out.  The smoking poles tend to not work that great.

 

I hope the cruise lines read these posts and prepare for smokers better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...