Jump to content

Breakfast Cereal


lachelli
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

What store has mini boxes? Big wholesale clubs? My local supermarket only has the cups, which are so bulky. 

My Kroger here in Atlanta has them-a variety pack wrapped in cellophane. Also has the cups. I didn't realize they weren't available everywhere. I usually bring protein bars, granola bars, etc. Plenty of packaged snacks available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bollycats said:

My Kroger here in Atlanta has them-a variety pack wrapped in cellophane. Also has the cups. I didn't realize they weren't available everywhere. I usually bring protein bars, granola bars, etc. Plenty of packaged snacks available. 

Fortunately, a wholesale club is in close proximity to my local supermarket, however they should be more easier to find. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Fortunately, a wholesale club is in close proximity to my local supermarket, however they should be more easier to find. 

Target, $3.16 for an 8 pack. They were always more expensive per ounce when we were kids. You paid more for having variety then and now. They are a little less at Walmart.

GUEST_30b80525-cd50-4925-9284-53f1f149f7

Edited by sanmarcosman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bollycats said:

My Kroger here in Atlanta has them-a variety pack wrapped in cellophane. Also has the cups. I didn't realize they weren't available everywhere. I usually bring protein bars, granola bars, etc. Plenty of packaged snacks available. 

 

 

We only bring cash, credit cards and passport, never even thought about bringing food on a vacation

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neither did I!  Even a pack of gum or lifesavers lol.  But some of us like to bring boxes of cereal ashore for snacks and now that cereal is in dispensers, it has been reported that we can't just bring along some baggies and put some cereal in them, that they will be dangerous for the ports we visit.  I am still scratching my head over it, but I go with the flow!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Neither did I!  Even a pack of gum or lifesavers lol.  But some of us like to bring boxes of cereal ashore for snacks and now that cereal is in dispensers, it has been reported that we can't just bring along some baggies and put some cereal in them, that they will be dangerous for the ports we visit.  I am still scratching my head over it, but I go with the flow!!!  

 

 

How about when you go ashore, go to a store and buy some snacks. I never seen such an obsession with cereal. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coevan said:

 

 

We only bring cash, credit cards and passport, never even thought about bringing food on a vacation

 

Wow, another thing on which we agree.  Not only have I never thought of bringing food, I never thought of taking food FROM the ship to shore.  I kind of thought you were on your own ashore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, coevan said:

 

 

How about when you go ashore, go to a store and buy some snacks. I never seen such an obsession with cereal. 

 

18 minutes ago, ParrotRob said:

 

Wow, another thing on which we agree.  Not only have I never thought of bringing food, I never thought of taking food FROM the ship to shore.  I kind of thought you were on your own ashore.

I know, it DOES sound crazy.  With all the posts about favorite or worst food opinions we are talking about BOXES OF CEREAL.  It was just an easy snack to throw in your back pack for shore excursions. I am sure parents of little kids would agree but if you read my post a few back, sometimes I feel kind of "woozy" from whatever when we are ashore and the sugary cereal makes me feel better!  It's just something people did and now they are being told they can't...so takes time to adjust LOL!!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

What store has mini boxes? Big wholesale clubs? My local supermarket only has the cups, which are so bulky. 

 

Walmart has them around here. Kellogg's has the variety pack of single-serve boxes and cups, and then General Mills has the cups, too. I don't think I've ever seen them at Sam's Club. They have the family-size boxes, but three of them wrapped together.

 

 

Holy cow, this has gotten way out of hand. Someone on page 1 suggested that another user could put some cereal from a dispenser in a baggie if they wanted to risk taking it ashore, then everyone else piled on. NO ONE has even said they would do it. Anyone who considered it also conceded that they'd follow the rules/laws. They said they'd just bring their own or get them from room service. But let's not let reality get in the way of a good CC feeding frenzy (no pun intended). One starts in and the rest smell blood in the water and come running to join in. And now it's gone off the rails to the point of attacking people just because they want to bring certain snacks on the cruise with them. The fact of the matter is, before this change, Carnival allowed people to take the single-serve boxes ashore, so if you wanted to whine about it, maybe you should've pointed fingers at Carnival. Y'all put so much energy into berating anyone who does things differently than you, then accuse them of being the bad guys. 🙄

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Until the great cereal dispenser debate, I never knew how many people ate cereal as snacks. Who knew? 😀

 

 

Most probably don't.  The current trend is for people to look for things they can be outraged about.  This provided ammunition........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, coevan said:

 

 

We only bring cash, credit cards and passport, never even thought about bringing food on a vacation

 

Anytime we fly, we always have some type of snack food with us.  Usually something like peanut butter covered pretzels, trail mix, and/or club crackers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...