MoveUp Link No Longer Accepting Bids

benemac

I placed a bid for Aqua Class about 5 days ago for Sept 9th.  Yesterday, I noticed that when I click the original link to place a bid, the page now says I'm no longer eligible.  Also when clicking the link to modify the bid (say I wanted to increase it or cancel), it just says pending and states I can amend up to 48 hrs prior to sailing.  However, I can't click on anything that allows a change.  I know I can contact them directly to see if they could assist, but I was only checking status which still says Pending.  Has anyone had this occur once they placed a bid and if so, did you get the upgrade?  I figure they may have received more than enough bids at this time anyway, but maybe I'm too far down on the list to even stand a chance.  I'm happy with the room we have. 

And if we didn't get the upgrade, has anyone asked for one at check in and was able to pay extra to get it at that time?

I believe this is the way the bidding system was designed.   I had the same happen and found that if you already placed a bid you have to use the confirmation e-mail link to cancel or modify your bid.   Give it a try,  I'm sure you can modify or cancel your bid up until it is accepted or rejected (48 hours prior to cruise).

• Like 1

I just logged into my X account, went to the reservation, then Manage Reservation. Scrolled down to the bottom, past air, excursions and last item was Move Up, clicked  on  Lean More and my bid appeared and I could modify it. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe this is the way the bidding system was designed.   I had the same happen and found that if you already placed a bid you have to use the confirmation e-mail link to cancel or modify your bid.   Give it a try,  I'm sure you can modify or cancel your bid up until it is accepted or rejected (48 hours prior to cruise).

I did use the confirmation email to go to the page. I see the bid, but it doesn’t allow me to amend anywhere. I think I even went to a page through the website and the word ‘continue’ was grayed out.  This is what I currently see.  I blocked the bid and reservation info in the picture. I have an email to the ‘move up’ group to find out what might be happening. But it’s a holiday, and I may not hear anything until Tuesday.

60B983FE-1CDC-414D-A1A0-7386544AB05F.jpeg

This is what I see when I click open the original email.  I don't even have the option to bid on another room at this point.   I removed my name from the page, but this is completely strange. I can't even click on Continue in the corner. I was getting all sorts of options only 4 days ago.  I'm just glad I was able to bid something.  Maybe they figured out I wasn't eligible.  :). 

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.21.44 PM.png

Edited by benemac
More Info.

That is what I was saying.   If you use your original link or the link on the Celebrity Website it will not accept it.  

YOU HAVE TO USE THE LINK on the Confirmation E-Mail.  

I know it works as I cancelled a bid today and increased a bid on a different one.

Going to Manage Reservation & scrolling down to the Last option, Move Up, clicking on LeRn More takes me to my bid.  I am able to Modify or cancel.   I cancelled one and modified another without a problem.   I didn’t use the link in the confirmation.

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That is what I was saying.   If you use your original link or the link on the Celebrity Website it will not accept it.  

YOU HAVE TO USE THE LINK on the Confirmation E-Mail.  

I know it works as I cancelled a bid today and increased a bid on a different one.

I did use the confirmation email. No option to cancel or amend. I’m still waiting to hear from celebrity but I’m sure the holiday and the hurricane are keeping them busy. 

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

Going to Manage Reservation & scrolling down to the Last option, Move Up, clicking on LeRn More takes me to my bid.  I am able to Modify or cancel.   I cancelled one and modified another without a problem.   I didn’t use the link in the confirmation.

Yep. I’ve tried all options. My confirmation email which worked until 4 days ago and signing in to go to the link on the website. That used to work too. I guess this hasn’t happened to others before. I’ll wait out their response. I thought it meant we received the upgrade but our record shows the same cabin. Still 5 days left for them to decide. 🤞🏼

13 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

I put my name and number in and the page just refreshes 🙄

Celebrity IT at work again 

Thank you for contacting the Celebrity MoveUp program. Unfortunately, at this time Co...co Travel has opted out of our upgrade program. For any further upgrade inquiries, please reach out to Co...co Travel directly. Please let us know if you have any other questions and have a great day!

I got this response from celebrity, I think you also got you cruise from them big box store .

Anic

Edited by titanic27
Had name
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, titanic27 said:

Thank you for contacting the Celebrity MoveUp program. Unfortunately, at this time Co...co Travel has opted out of our upgrade program. For any further upgrade inquiries, please reach out to Co...co Travel directly. Please let us know if you have any other questions and have a great day!

I got this response from celebrity, I think you also got you cruise from them big box store .

Anic

That is possible.  We booked through Expedia CruiseCenter on a group rate.  We didn't receive the email you did.  It did allow me to submit a bid.  And I did get an email this morning from Celebrity MoveUp saying that she sees a bid placed.  She suggested I check my browser and to try Google Chrome.  I did.  Still same result.  I give up.  :classic_laugh:  If I get it, great.  If not, we'll be just fine.  Thanks for everyone's assistance in trying to help.

8 hours ago, titanic27 said:

Anic

Costco should tells us they are not part of the program 

see you in a couple of weeks 

Mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Costco should tells us they are not part of the program 

see you in a couple of weeks 

Mark

I completely agree.  Who knows.  Maybe it was a complete mistake for Celebrity to offer it to me and once they figured it out, they removed the capability of me offering any other bids.  I'm not sure.   One more week!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 11:35 PM, benemac said:

I placed a bid for Aqua Class about 5 days ago for Sept 9th.  Yesterday, I noticed that when I click the original link to place a bid, the page now says I'm no longer eligible.  Also when clicking the link to modify the bid (say I wanted to increase it or cancel), it just says pending and states I can amend up to 48 hrs prior to sailing.  However, I can't click on anything that allows a change.  I know I can contact them directly to see if they could assist, but I was only checking status which still says Pending.  Has anyone had this occur once they placed a bid and if so, did you get the upgrade?  I figure they may have received more than enough bids at this time anyway, but maybe I'm too far down on the list to even stand a chance.  I'm happy with the room we have. 

And if we didn't get the upgrade, has anyone asked for one at check in and was able to pay extra to get it at that time?

The same thing happened to us. I placed bids for upgrades to A Celebrity Suite and a royal Suite. After a few days the bid for the Celebrity Suite said “expired” and the bid for the Royal Suite still said pending however I was unable to modify the bid. When I went on the link from the original move up email it opened another page saying I was not eligible for move up.

I tried to contact Celebrity via email and eventually got a reply to say my move up bid for the Royal Suite was still pending no mention of the expired bid for the Celebrity Suite. 

About 4 hours after that email I received another email saying that my move up to the Royal Suite was accepted.

Very strange but seems similar to your circumstances.

Regarding the question about asking for the upgrade at check-in.  Don't know how it works these days, but before the bidding you could ask for an upgrade if available and pay the current price, which would generally be much more than had you booked it originally.  With bidding these days, not sure how it works, but I do know that Celebrity almost always sails fully booked so that is an option I would never count on.  At best you would likely get the current cost, but if you want that you can just upgrade over the phone beforehand if what you want is available.  More than ever before Celebrity is pinching every penny they can out of you so I am confident in saying you would never get the upgrade bid price unless it was more than the going rate.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, benemac said:

This is what I see when I click open the original email.  I don't even have the option to bid on another room at this point.   I removed my name from the page, but this is completely strange. I can't even click on Continue in the corner. I was getting all sorts of options only 4 days ago.  I'm just glad I was able to bid something.  Maybe they figured out I wasn't eligible.  :). 

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.21.44 PM.png

This is the exact same screen I see when I try to submit my initial bid for an October 20th sailing (I am not trying to adjust a previously made bid).  My guess is there is some sort of glitch in the MoveUp system.  I booked my cruise directly with Celebrity.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1

My move-up bid offer was showing on my Cruise Planner with the opportunity to amend  the bid, make bids on other categories, or to cancel the bid. After I read this thread, I went to the Cruise planner and found the entire link had disappeared. The cruise is sold out and occurring in 3 weeks, but the bid link had been there even after the cruise disappeared from the Celebrity web site.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:36 PM, dcb1000 said:

The same thing happened to us. I placed bids for upgrades to A Celebrity Suite and a royal Suite. After a few days the bid for the Celebrity Suite said “expired” and the bid for the Royal Suite still said pending however I was unable to modify the bid. When I went on the link from the original move up email it opened another page saying I was not eligible for move up.

I tried to contact Celebrity via email and eventually got a reply to say my move up bid for the Royal Suite was still pending no mention of the expired bid for the Celebrity Suite. 

About 4 hours after that email I received another email saying that my move up to the Royal Suite was accepted.

Very strange but seems similar to your circumstances.

We went days with this problem. Then one week before the cruise, we received the upgrade on a minimum bid. I don’t know why some could still bid or adjust and we couldn’t but it worked out in the end. We got an accessible room and love the huge cabin. We did try to switch cabins but I’m glad we couldn’t. Don’t switch if they give you one. It was a favorite during our cabin crawl. I’m sure you loved your Royal Suite. Thanks for letting everyone know that I wasn’t the only one they had this same problem.  

On 9/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, jcpc said:

This is the exact same screen I see when I try to submit my initial bid for an October 20th sailing (I am not trying to adjust a previously made bid).  My guess is there is some sort of glitch in the MoveUp system.  I booked my cruise directly with Celebrity.

I agree. 

On 9/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Regarding the question about asking for the upgrade at check-in.  Don't know how it works these days, but before the bidding you could ask for an upgrade if available and pay the current price, which would generally be much more than had you booked it originally.  With bidding these days, not sure how it works, but I do know that Celebrity almost always sails fully booked so that is an option I would never count on.  At best you would likely get the current cost, but if you want that you can just upgrade over the phone beforehand if what you want is available.  More than ever before Celebrity is pinching every penny they can out of you so I am confident in saying you would never get the upgrade bid price unless it was more than the going rate.

It actually worked. Glitch and all, we got Aqua Class on a minimum bit and it’s been great. 

There were still cabins available on the lower levels a week prior. That’s when we noticed cabins disappearing and figured we didn’t get the upgrade. Then a charge cane through and I knew it happened. We checked the celebrity site and saw the cabin number before we received the official email.  So it can work. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, benemac said:

We went days with this problem. Then one week before the cruise, we received the upgrade on a minimum bid. I don’t know why some could still bid or adjust and we couldn’t but it worked out in the end. We got an accessible room and love the huge cabin. We did try to switch cabins but I’m glad we couldn’t. Don’t switch if they give you one. It was a favorite during our cabin crawl. I’m sure you loved your Royal Suite. Thanks for letting everyone know that I wasn’t the only one they had this same problem.  

Similar to us, we went about a week without being able to modify our bid, before getting the acceptance email.

• Like 1