Cruise Critic Community
shirazcruiser

Australia Cruises Wine list

We usually buy a wine package; however, I understand they are not offered on Australia sailings. Does anyone have a current Princess Australia cruise wine list?

I suggest you post this question on the Aust and NZ Cruises section of this forum.

We always buy our drinks as we go, but the Aussie cruisers do discuss the drinks package so it appears that it is available.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Be aware that on Australian-based cruises, the prices you see on the drinks list, is the price you pay. The prices might look high to you, but the gratuity is built into the price and not charged as an extra.

It's a very large wine list now so hard to take photos of. I believe it is the same as on all the other Princess ships but with prices in AUD. Bottle prices start at $42, by the glass is $10-20 with most being around $14. 150ml pours. The selection of wines is exceptional with wines from all over the world.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a very large wine list now so hard to take photos of. I believe it is the same as on all the other Princess ships but with prices in AUD. Bottle prices start at $42, by the glass is $10-20 with most being around $14. 150ml pours. The selection of wines is exceptional with wines from all over the world.

Mmmm. Bottles starting at $42. 😒 We will take on several bottles and pay the corkage.

Also be aware.... now that the wine is bigger... often they run out of a particularly wine...

as well you might have wine at MDR but the bars do not stock it and visa-versa .....

and having say that some of bars have wine not on the wine list.....

This has been the case with our last four cruises over two years from Australia.

Cheers Don

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks for responding. Is the $42 bottle in AUD ($28 US) and includes gratuities?

9 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks for responding. Is the $42 bottle in AUD ($28 US) and includes gratuities?

Yes. On an Australian-based cruise, the on-board currency is AUD so all charges are in AUD. No gratuities are added to the drinks prices shown on the drinks menu. The price you see is the price you pay.

Edited by Aus Traveller

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:14 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Do you happen to have a Cabernet Sauvignon price list?  Thanks for responding.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:14 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a very large wine list now so hard to take photos of. 

The full downloadable new wine list has been posted on this thread.

4 hours ago, andlep said:

The full downloadable new wine list has been posted on this thread.

I don't think that is the Australian drinks menu.🙂 Are the wines the same on the Australian ships? The prices are obviously different in AUD and without the gratuity to be added.

That looks is the same one we had on the Golden in February  this year on a Aus to NZ cruise and yes the prices are in AUD

I remember quite a few of the wines as we always buy wine by the bottle.

Cheers Don

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

That looks is the same one we had on the Golden in February  this year on a Aus to NZ cruise and yes the prices are in AUD

I remember quite a few of the wines as we always buy wine by the bottle.

Cheers Don

So you think the wine list is the same, with only the prices changed.😊

10 hours ago, subaru94 said:

So are you saying no gratitudes are charged for any drinks at all?

That is correct. No gratuities on drinks on AUD cruises.

14 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I've downloaded that list and will check it against the Aussie one later today or tonight if I get a chance. At a quick glance there are some differences, I think, but many of the wines are the same. We're enjoying trying some of the European wines which we don't get a chance to try at home.

9 hours ago, subaru94 said:

So are you saying no gratitudes are charged for any drinks at all?

No gratuities, but the prices are higher.

14 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes the wine list is the same and checked a copy of our OB Account and the prices are what we payed in AUD

Cheers Don

17 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Yes the wine list is the same and checked a copy of our OB Account and the prices are what we payed in AUD

Cheers Don

Someone mentioned that the prices of full bottles start at AUD$40. Is this correct? If so, we will certainly bring some from Dan Murphys and pay the corkage.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:14 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

As long as most of the wines by the glass are no more than AUD$16, I'm happy. So it looks as if I will have a pretty good selection within the limits of the Premier Beverage Package.

What ever u do , do not prepay for selected bottles of wine. We cruised in feb and found they were out of several bottles we prepaid for. The ship offered a substitute, we accepted...then got charged for the substitute bottles!. We spend 3 nights at customer service, an “investigation “ case was opened. The last night of the cruise,  we were credited back the price of our original ( and cheaper) bottles of wine! Learn from our mistakes! Put a real cloud over our cruise.

We sometimes like an after dinner drink of Prosecco or Moscato and noticed on the wine list ANDLEP provided a link to that they were priced at $38/$37. Am I wrong that it converts to approximately $26 US with no gratuities?  If so, that's pretty cheap for a ship price.

10 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

We sometimes like an after dinner drink of Prosecco or Moscato and noticed on the wine list ANDLEP provided a link to that they were priced at $38/$37. Am I wrong that it converts to approximately $26 US with no gratuities?  If so, that's pretty cheap for a ship price.

Yes. Your calculation is correct, and no gratuity is added.🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller