Princess Cays crowds

Notonboard

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Because an upcoming cruise of mine appeared to have been impacted (based on some of the "information" found on certain websites, I did some cross-checking.  The confusion seems to derive from two sources: 1) the complete unreliability of the Crew Center website; and 2) the fact that some people are under the impression that Half Moon Cay is not receiving passengers and that Princess Cays is being used as a backup.  But by looking at all of the Carnival itineraries on its website, the truth is that there are NO dates in 2019 where Princess will share PC with another ship. 

The only ship that was rumored to cross paths with Princess was the Ecstasy and the Crew Center website is off by a day pretty much every time.  They have the Ecstasy visiting PC October 9 whereas the Carnival website shows no departures at all between 9/23 and 10/17.  (This would support the earlier mention here of the ship being in dry dock in early October.)  The crew Center website also shows dueling ships at PC on 11/11; 11/25; 12/5; 12/9 and 12/23.  Carnival's itineraries show Ecstasy visiting PC on 11/12; 11/26; 12/10 and 12/24 meaning that it visits PC one day later than whichever Princess ship is going there.  The Carnival website also shows Ecstasy going to Half Moon Cay on 12/5.  So I thought to myself, well, maybe Ecstasy will have to shift its schedule and go to PC on the 12/5 if HMC really is closed.  So that could actually be a day with two ships.  But then I checked and lo and behold, HMC is open for business (even after the hurricane) so it would appear that even 12/5 is clear as it is fair to assume that Ecstasy will be going there as indicated in its itinerary.

When you throw all of this information in the blender and then add in the fact that no one here has ever shared PC with another ship as well as the fact that the facilities on the island can barely handle the added passenger load of the Royal Class ships let alone a Royal Class ship plus a second ship, it is fair to assume until proven otherwise that no one here has anything to worry about and there is no reason to cancel your cruises!

p.s.:  There are many websites out there that have cruise ship schedules and I looked at a lot of them to try to sort this all out.  I cannot say whether this is always the case, but this site (mentioned in an earlier post) seemed to be the most accurate, at least on this topic: https://www.cruisetimetables.com/#destports 

Thanks for double (triple??) checking our posts.  I now have some info that I should disclose to those reading this thread and may be relying on one of my prior posts.  I previously posted that it seems that Carnival Ecstasy will be in drydock October 6 to 16.  From prior trips to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, I am aware that at least some Carnival ships drydock in Freeport.  I don't know if that is where Ecstasy is scheduled for drydock and if so, I don't know if the facility in Freeport will be up and running after Dorian.  I may start a thread on Carnival's board and see if anybody there has up to date info about Ecstasy and the drydock.  At any rate, I don't think Carnival could create a cruise itinerary for Ecstasy and fill it at such a late date.  Maybe they can drydock her at any number of facilities in the US.

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Because an upcoming cruise of mine appeared to have been impacted (based on some of the "information" found on certain websites, I did some cross-checking. 

Great post. The only conflict that appears true is the adding of the second inaugural cruise for the Sky. It is scheduled to be at PC at the same time as the Carnival Sunshine. 

I'm pretty sure some rearranging of schedules will happen so this doesn't occur. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

Great post. The only conflict that appears true is the adding of the second inaugural cruise for the Sky. It is scheduled to be at PC at the same time as the Carnival Sunshine. 

I'm pretty sure some rearranging of schedules will happen so this doesn't occur. 

Yes, and I would do that mike drop meme for @JimmyVWine that @Colo Cruiser posted the other day on another thread.

Edited by steelers36

1 hour ago, scott4020 said:

Which day is the supposed conflict?  Carnival's website shows only one Sunshine cruise going to PC in December and it arrives there on 12/12.  According to the Princess website, Sky will be in Cozumel that day.  With all other days either being Sea Days or Turnaround Days (in Charleston), here is where Sunshine is scheduled to be in December:

• Nassau-1, 16, 21, 26 and 30
  • Half Moon: 17, 25 and 31
  • St. Thomas-6
  • Aruba-8
  • Bonaire-9
  • Grand Turk-11
  • Princess Cay-12

2 hours ago, scott4020 said:

It's the SUNRISE.  I wrote about it earlier, without naming the exact ship.  Expect a port change. 

@JimmyVWine - tagging you so you see this as well

Edited by steelers36

3 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

...back to the drawing board!

Dec 3.  Due to Sky's recent Dec 1-4 going public sale.  Sunrise is scheduled at PC on Dec 3, but also to Freeport.  I have no doubt they will swap PC and Nassau or similar - as happened with other conflicts.

18 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Dec 3.  Due to Sky's recent Dec 1-4 going public sale.  Sunrise is scheduled at PC on Dec 3, but also to Freeport.  I have no doubt they will swap PC and Nassau or similar - as happened with other conflicts.

Pure conjecture here, so feel free to stop reading now...but there are no ships scheduled to call on PC or Grand Turk on 12/1 and no ships scheduled to call on Grand Turk on 12/4.

The itinerary for Sunrise for that cruise is currently listed as:

• 11/30-Depart
  • 12/1-Freeport
  • 12/2-Nassau
  • 12/3-Princess Cays
  • 12/4-At Sea
  • 12/5-Return

Given the conflict at PC on 12/3 and the hit that Freeport took recently, perhaps the itinerary might change to:

• 11/30-Depart
  • 12/1-Princess Cays (or Grand Turk)
  • 12/2-Nassau
  • 12/3-At Sea
  • 12/4-At Sea (or Grand Turk).
  • 12/5-Return

And in any event, Sky is scheduled to arrive at PC at 7:00 and Sunrise follows at 8:00.  So the Sky passengers can storm the beaches earlier and hog all the goods and services.  

28 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Given the conflict at PC on 12/3 and the hit that Freeport took recently, perhaps the itinerary might change to:

• 11/30-Depart
  • 12/1-Princess Cays (or Grand Turk)
  • 12/2-Nassau
  • 12/3-At Sea
  • 12/4-At Sea (or Grand Turk).
  • 12/5-Return

a swap of PC/Nassau for a day at Grand Turk would be great ... not that we'll be on a Carnival cruise any time soon ...

On 9/1/2019 at 8:42 AM, CineGraphic said:

Princess Cays = A great day to stay on the ship

I totally agree with you. I never get off the ship to go to PC anymore. I did a few years ago. We went for a swim and went back to the ship for lunch. One year the passengers were coming back early because they ran out of food. I couldn’t believe it. 😳

Tony

On 9/1/2019 at 9:12 AM, steelers36 said:

Thanks.  Glad I don't need to look into our Nov cruise situation.  We will be there on Nov 8, so no issue.

We will be there on the 8th as well  First time on Princess.  Hoping for a great time

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, Daniel A said:

I previously posted that it seems that Carnival Ecstasy will be in drydock October 6 to 16.  I don't know if the facility in Freeport will be up and running after Dorian. 

I got a lead to this internet article which confirms the drydock facility at Grand Bahama is open for business and confirmed the Carnival Ecstasy is scheduled to drydock there October 6 to 16.  So Ecstasy wasn't scheduled for PC October 9 despite what crew center said.

https://www.cruisehive.com/grand-bahama-shipyard-in-freeport-resumes-dry-dock-operations/34449

17 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I got a lead to this internet article which confirms the drydock facility at Grand Bahama is open for business and confirmed the Carnival Ecstasy is scheduled to drydock there October 6 to 16.  So Ecstasy wasn't scheduled for PC October 9 despite what crew center said.

https://www.cruisehive.com/grand-bahama-shipyard-in-freeport-resumes-dry-dock-operations/34449

Those that were triggered were triggered for no reason by Cruise Critic Lore.  😂