Free Mens sauna, steam room

MitchYngMuscleDad

I know the pinnacle class all have men and women's sauna's one the port side of deck 9 (Panorama deck) forward in the spa area.  These are beautiful with a huge floor to ceiling window right in the sauna.  I loved the sauna on the Nieuw Statendam, but I only discovered on day 3.  I went every day after that and enjoyed socializing and sweating.  I love having the segregated saunas.  They have showers in the sauna and a cold bucket shower, too.   Bring water/water bottle, as there is now fountain in there.  Towels are provided.  Enjoy.  I've heard that the Vista Class sips also have saunas as well but they are inside the men's lockerrom.  None of the saunas actually are listed on deck plans.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Several around the pools on the lido deck. Open to all - bathing suits required.

Thanks for the info. 😊

Trying to decide if the spa pass is worth the cost - 14 days for 2 of us is about $400 and I'm not sure how much we'll use it.

The price for two for 14 days sounds pretty reasonable. Do you both typically use the Spa on a cruse? For some, the Spa is the highlight. I can't offer a educated opinion, since my wife hates to sweat - so we have never made use of it. The free single-sex sauna works fine for me. And we do enjoy the whirlpools together. Our cruise budget goes toward other activities. ☺ 

• 1 year later...
On 9/1/2019 at 1:46 PM, MeandtheSea said:

I know the pinnacle class all have men and women's sauna's one the port side of deck 9 (Panorama deck) forward in the spa area.  These are beautiful with a huge floor to ceiling window right in the sauna.  I loved the sauna on the Nieuw Statendam, but I only discovered on day 3.  I went every day after that and enjoyed socializing and sweating.  I love having the segregated saunas.  They have showers in the sauna and a cold bucket shower, too.   Bring water/water bottle, as there is now fountain in there.  Towels are provided.  Enjoy.  I've heard that the Vista Class sips also have saunas as well but they are inside the men's lockerrom.  None of the saunas actually are listed on deck plans.  

I am looking for new ships to go on this year with my son, have you been on the new HAL ships, really need a sauna or a steam after a workout! 

Mark

I would suggest touring the paid facilities on boarding day.  Usually the passes are offered at a small discount on those days.  Yes, I have heard sometimes those passes sell out but I have never noticed overwhelming usage and I am a bit of a gym person.  I also use the Sauna and hot tubs every sea day.

You probably could find a YouTube video showing the thermal spa and its services.   I am a big fan of YouTube videos, many passengers do a very thorough video

On 9/1/2019 at 2:46 PM, MeandtheSea said:

8 hours ago, LiftingDad said:

I am looking for new ships to go on this year with my son, have you been on the new HAL ships, really need a sauna or a steam after a workout! 

Mark

MeandtheSea’s post (above) referenced the Pinnacle Class and said they enjoyed the N Statendam.  The Pinnacle class are the new ships.  The N Statendam is the newest sailing (until the Rotterdam sets sail).

I would not count on any communal steam or sauna rooms in the near future.  They are considered (by the CDC) a big No-No in terms of COVID mitigation.   I imagine the hot tubs will also be a problem and could be closed when cruising resumes.

Hank

• 1 year later...

Just booked a 21 day cruise next June on HAL Rotterdam. I have been on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam which are sister Pinnacle class ships.

Can anyone confirm there is a free sauna like on the other two ships?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/2/2019 at 3:46 AM, MeandtheSea said:

We just found out for our upcoming 14 day transatlantic cruise that the hydropool is being repaired. HAL cancelled our Thermal Suite passes (refunds have not come through yet). This is a HUGE letdown for us and has put a real dampener on the entire trip. Can we assume the free sauna is available still? 

38 minutes ago, TheRealBabushka said:

We just found out for our upcoming 14 day transatlantic cruise that the hydropool is being repaired. HAL cancelled our Thermal Suite passes (refunds have not come through yet). This is a HUGE letdown for us and has put a real dampener on the entire trip. Can we assume the free sauna is available still? 

The men's and women's free sauna is totally separate from the spa area so I would expect them still to be open.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alexdw said:

The men's and women's free sauna is totally separate from the spa area so I would expect them still to be open.

That's a relief! At least we'll have that! Our cruising days revolves around eating, going to the gym, fitness classes and the spa, with most of our time spent in the thermal suites. We were sat around last night wondering what we're going to do on a 14 day voyage! Holland America has cancelled Lincoln Centre Stage - that was the only entertainment we enjoy. We were left a bit stumped, to say the least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRealBabushka said:

That's a relief! At least we'll have that! Our cruising days revolves around eating, going to the gym, fitness classes and the spa, with most of our time spent in the thermal suites. We were sat around last night wondering what we're going to do on a 14 day voyage! Holland America has cancelled Lincoln Centre Stage - that was the only entertainment we enjoy. We were left a bit stumped, to say the least.

The saunas are segregated though.

10 hours ago, alexdw said:

A few pics of the women's sauna (no charge) located just outside the ThermalSpa (paid) area on K'dam. The men's is right down the hall, same side.

20231229_173259.thumb.jpg.15a5b422d13b05499302cc744ef7ee04.jpg

20231229_173202.thumb.jpg.3f31300989e63f50245e84adf84d464f.jpg

20231229_173223.thumb.jpg.88a6577b3effc77b4861a243d04b0dc4.jpg

20231229_173206.thumb.jpg.31cf5e356ed4aca9e92c37e7ed8e5da8.jpg

20231229_173235.thumb.jpg.7278ab84d7e10b0b2b5b812b83ac0671.jpg

• Like 1