Cruise Critic Community
denmarks

New Clothes

Does anyone buy new clothes for a  cruise? It always gives me an excuse to buy new underwear and socks. I also currently have a few new shirts and pants.

Surprised no one has responded to your thread.  

Frequent cruiser here but I still buy a few new things usually.  I like a newer outfit for boarding and watch for sales on dresses all the time as that’s all I wear to dinner.  And yes we have enough underwear for a 3 week trip.  After that I’d have to send it to the laundry.

I'm thinking of going a little less dressy for the formal nights this year, so I bought a new top to wear with some black slacks. I like buying new clothes for the cruise, even if it's just a couple of shirts...often, I will be packing for the cruise and I just won't be able to find every piece of clothing I was looking for!

I ALWAYS get new outfits 😂 It's the best part of cruising (lets be serious it's the best part of life). This year I didn't go crazy, just two new dresses for myself and two new button up shirts and a pair of linen pants for my bf.

I keep a "cruise closet" for the things I wear only on a cruise.  I keep DH's cruise shirts/pants there too.  Often I will pick up something new to add to the cruising wardrobe so our collection has grown.  Guess we just need to start taking longer cruises.

Hmmm I've been wearing the same clothes for 10 years. And most of them gave come from Goodwill (I only buy with orig tags attached).