Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
colesc15

Looking for opinions - Aft JS or OV? Crazy, I know

I honestly think it depends on your budget.  That's alot of money.  To me that's another cruise.  When we book I have a a figure in mind that I like to stay under although it depends upon length and ship.  Based on that figure we book mostly balcony cabins but if it's too pricey we go to an oceanview.  Our fav too are afts and if we get one I'll pay more. 

Oceanview cabins are not that bad.  We have 2 booked in the next year and 3 balcony (one an aft).  We just don't spend as much time in the room in an oceanview but it doesn't factor that much into our enjoyment. Right now I draw the line at insides because we can afford more.  However if that changes I'll go back to insides.  I'd rather be on the sea in any cabin then not at all.

We have stayed primarily with the OV balconies but have splurged on JS, Mid Ship. It is now our daughter who will be cruising with me when she can and have 4 booked. We are not in the room except to sleep & shower so really don't need the extra expense or space although it is nice to have.