Cruise Critic Community
doveyy04

Purchases on my bill not mine

I got my final statement this morning at the end of our 3 day cruise with independence of the seas and noticed there was 3 separate bills for champagne and martini totalling $64.50 but we never drink champagne and certainly didn’t order these!! I didn’t actially get my final statement till 8.10am and was due off ship at 8.20 so couldn’t go to customer services as the queue for that was massive (maybe they had extra charges too). Anyway can anyone assist me in what I need to do to get those charges dropped.

Thank you for any assistance 

1 minute ago, doveyy04 said:

I got my final statement this morning at the end of our 3 day cruise with independence of the seas and noticed there was 3 separate bills for champagne and martini totalling $64.50 but we never drink champagne and certainly didn’t order these!! I didn’t actially get my final statement till 8.10am and was due off ship at 8.20 so couldn’t go to customer services as the queue for that was massive (maybe they had extra charges too). Anyway can anyone assist me in what I need to do to get those charges dropped.

Post cruise customer support:  (800) 256-6649

I had this happen once before but I was able to get it corrected at customer service desk without any issues but this happened before we disembarked.  Hoping the number Bob gave you results in getting it resolved in your favor. 

This is not the first time random charges appear. Interesting those who use a cash account do not report random charges,

Call the number....dispute the charges.  99% of the time, they will remove them.  If they don't, contact the credit card company, and dispute it with them.  They will take care of it, if RCI won't.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve actually just noticed that the 3 charges that say Champagne and Martini have that drink under the description so whereas all other charges show where you purchased it from ie Plaza Bar, Johnny Rockets this is saying that I purchased something from a place called Champagne and Martini? There’s no such place.

58 minutes ago, doveyy04 said:

Thanks for the replies. I’ve actually just noticed that the 3 charges that say Champagne and Martini have that drink under the description so whereas all other charges show where you purchased it from ie Plaza Bar, Johnny Rockets this is saying that I purchased something from a place called Champagne and Martini? There’s no such place.

There is a Champagne bar.

Is this issue really that complicated??

Make the phone call. 🙄 

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Another reason for a cash account onboard. 

And for checking your bill often, especially early early on the last day.

The app is available for Independence of the Seas.   Perhaps the feature to view your account was available there so you can check your account regularly. 

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

And for checking your bill often, especially early early on the last day.

Yes, that’s just part of my evening routine, check my on board account on the app or TV before bed each night (while things are fresh in my mind)

5 hours ago, doveyy04 said:

08000182020 if you phone from the UK.

As you have to sign for everything on Independence this should be easy to rectify.

Good luck.

Graham.

5 hours ago, doveyy04 said:

01932 834 119 should be straight through to Guest Relations. 

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Post cruise customer support:  (800) 256-6649

Call RCCI customer support at 800-256-6649, as Bob recommended.  Over the years, I have had charges removed from my bill (mostly from the Mini-bar refrigerator) by calling this number.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

08000182020 if you phone from the UK.

As you have to sign for everything on Independence this should be easy to rectify.

Good luck.

Graham.

53 minutes ago, little britain said:

01932 834 119 should be straight through to Guest Relations. 

Perfect as the OP is from the UK

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Perfect as the OP is from the UK

Both numbers work,the 0800 is a freephone number.

7 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Another reason for a cash account onboard. 

Hmm, why?

With a credit card account you can periodically check your balance.  With a cash balance, as you reach each threshold you will have to go to the desk and put down more money.  To me it is easier to go one morning towards the end of the cruise (depending if the ship doesn't have "check your account functionality" on the TV, vs going to the desk as you reach the threshold.

15 minutes ago, gatour said:

Hmm, why?

With a credit card account you can periodically check your balance.  With a cash balance, as you reach each threshold you will have to go to the desk and put down more money.  To me it is easier to go one morning towards the end of the cruise (depending if the ship doesn't have "check your account functionality" on the TV, vs going to the desk as you reach the threshold.

Because there is NO way I get home and have in explained charges to dispute. No mystery drinks, no towel charges, no nothing. 

It really isn’t a problem or any inconvenience. You walk past GS multiple times a day, just stop in when the line is short and hand some more cash over. (Plus I don’t spend an inordinate amount on the ship anyway)

Edited by not-enough-cruising