Cruise Critic Community
djsalter

Hotel near port of Yokohama

Hi my husband, Bill and I are from Vancouver. We’ve done lots of travel and cruising but this is our first time to Japan. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation near the port? Also - recommendations for transport from Narita to the hotel? Diane. 

There are dozens of very nice hotels within walking distance of the Osanbashi Cruise Terminal in Yokohama.

Getting from Narita to Yokohama is painless.

In the basement of the arrival terminal, you will find a desk selling tickets on Narita Express Train.

Just purchase a one-way seat to Yokohama Station. Cost is around US$40 per person.

Travel time is about 100 minutes.

From Yokohama Station you can take a taxi to the hotels near the Cruise Terminal for about 1,500 yen.

Travel time is about 10 minutes.

I´d like to add the question: don´t you want to see some of Tokyo before the cruise?

If so it´s better to stay in Tokyo and then travel to Yokohama (about 40 minutes by train).

Hi thanks for that thought. We actually will have 3 days in Tokyo after the cruise and are staying in Tokyo at the hotel Gracery (was highly recommended for location) so - given that we arrive in the mid afternoon from Vancouver on the day before embarking - figured just easier to stay near the port. We’re exploring ideas for things to do on those three days in Tokyo now. It’s our first trip to Japan!! 

We stayed at the Daiwa Roynet Koen, clean and reasonable price.  Near Chinatown and less than UD$20 for a taxi to Osanbashi Cruise Terminal (assuming this is dock you are leaving from)  Another option is the Hotel New Grand, you can see the terminal from the hotel.  

https://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g14127330-d2417799-Keihin_Ferry_Boat_Inc-Naka_Yokohama_Kanagawa_Prefecture_Kanto-Hotel-Deals.html#MAPVIEW

15 hours ago, djsalter said:

Hi thanks for that thought. We actually will have 3 days in Tokyo after the cruise and are staying in Tokyo at the hotel Gracery (was highly recommended for location) so - given that we arrive in the mid afternoon from Vancouver on the day before embarking - figured just easier to stay near the port. We’re exploring ideas for things to do on those three days in Tokyo now. It’s our first trip to Japan!! 

Sure, then it makes sense... there are some nice things to see in Yokohama.

I you are looking for more ideas, I can offer our reviews. BTW: we also stayed at the Gracery Shinjuku in April. Very good location, but tiny rooms. Easy to get to from Shinjuku station (West exit, bus stop #21, take the bus with the Godzilla on the display, I think it´s the socond stop, right at the door of the hotel).

Japan on Celebrity Millennium:
http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

Japan on HAL Westerdam:

Edited by Miaminice

Thanks again. I’d love to hear more ideas you have. It seems like you’ve done a lot in Japan. The tip re Gracery will be great for our 3 days after the cruise. We’re wondering whether to explore on our own with a transit pass but maybe get a tour for for one day while we get used to transit. We want to do highlights including the fish market but I also want to see some of the quirky places - like a cat cafe ( I think there is one close to the Gracery) and maybe the owl cafe!! 😂 Also want to just wander a bit and experience Tokyo. Your suggestions would be terrific. 

We're booked at the Hotel Monterey in Yokohama... rates were reasonable on Hotels.com and it is very close to the Ship Terminal.