LIVE - Crystal Symphony (compared to Regent)

18 minutes ago, JTor said:

As many have noted, these folks have interesting lives, very different from our own, and often have great insights about travel and cruising, too! (also: they are usually closer to our own age - and as much as we enjoy the insights of older folks, sometimes it's fun to have a break with someone of your own generation)

Wow you may it sound like  the pax on Crystal are ready for the knackers  yard 😲😁

What you would guesstimate the average age is  on  a Caribbean cruise ?

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Wow you may it sound like  the pax on Crystal are ready for the knackers  yard 😲😁

What you would guesstimate the average age is  on  a Caribbean cruise ?

The average age of a crystal ocean cruiser is late 60’s.  I happened to be in my late 50’s and have cruises on Crystal for over 14 years.   The average age has come down a few years in the past few years.

Do keep in mind that the time of year, length of cruise and itinerary are all factors related to the average age on a cruise.  I’m sure these factors are the same on Oceania.

so, it would be hard to guesstimate the average age on your December Caribbean cruises.  In addition, your cruises are prior to the holidays so there should be less kids and younger folks and could lean to higher average age.

age is a number!!

nancy

4 minutes ago, nancygp said:

The average age of a crystal ocean cruiser is late 60’s.  I happened to be in my late 50’s and have cruises on Crystal for over 14 years.   The average age has come down a few years in the past few years.

Do keep in mind that the time of year, length of cruise and itinerary are all factors related to the average age on a cruise.  I’m sure these factors are the same on Oceania.

so, it would be hard to guesstimate the average age on your December Caribbean cruises.  In addition, your cruises are prior to the holidays so there should be less kids and younger folks and could lean to higher average age.

age is a number!!

nancy

I agree

I am 70+  so I enjoy the quiet  ships

we started with Oceania when we were 55+  & most were  between 40 & 80.. I think the same still holds  just some of those that were 40's are now  60's 

Lots on the O forum  think everyone is  OLD   but some of those OLDIES  run circles around me even when we were in our late 50's  LOL

I was just curious by the comments from JTOR

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I agree

I am 70+  so I enjoy the quiet  ships

we started with Oceania when we were 55+  & most were  between 40 & 80.. I think the same still holds  just some of those that were 40's are now  60's 

Lots on the O forum  think everyone is  OLD   but some of those OLDIES  run circles around me even when we were in our late 50's  LOL

I was just curious by the comments from JTOR

I think the passengers on Oceania and Crystal are about the same demographic with respect to age. The itinerary also plays a role in the passenger age of the cruise. Longer cruises are usually an older/retired clientele.  When we sailed Istanbul to Miami on the Riviera for 28 days,  the first 2 weeks were port intensive and passengers younger.  the Barcelona to Miami leg - also 2 weeks had an much higher age demographic.

Old is a relative term.  Physical age really means so little these days.  

Nancy has it right.  Like weather it is only an  average so there will be guests much younger than the average and others a good deal older than the average and like weather not always easy to predict.  

Itinerary, length of cruise and time of year really play into this and they can work hand in hand.

Last years Holiday cruise was different than others I have been on in terms of overall guest patterns and I think it was simply because it was R/T Los Angeles instead of Miami and two days longer than normal holiday cruises.

Sail the Med on a 7 day cruise in the summer and age will be lower than the overall average.

Sail a cruise starting and ending with USA ports in non summer and non holiday times frames and the overall age might be high than average.

To me it's that age that comes inside which is key.  

Keith