Cruise Critic Community
Jocelynemark

MSC marseille walking tour

Has anyone done this specific tour with MSC. It says it's a 2 hour excursion and you do a guided walk of 1.5 hrs. After that you can explore old port before taking the shuttle back to the cruise ship. Do I only have 30 mins to explore or do I just catch the shuttle when I'm ready to leave maybe a few hours later?

MSC will offer a shuttle bus to the Old Port (for a fee) and the port authority runs a free shuttle bus to a point about a 10-15 minute walk to the Old Port. Marseille is an easy port to wander around on your own and there are several good self guided walking tours on line. The little train and ho-ho bus that leave from the Old Port are also good value options and both visit Notre Dame de la Garde which is a must - not sure if a walking tour would get there. Either way, I think you certainly need longer than two hours to do Marseille justice.

F68EEA22-9C65-4ACA-84E6-3E540C11A2C2.thumb.jpeg.243048635ddada9cd68e727838f5f88b.jpeg