August 25th review of the SS Minnow...I mean the Breakaway

Shoppie124

Admission includes a buffet lunch.  It was decent.  The best part was the margarita!!!

I recommend if you plan on getting the pictures, download their app, Dolphin memories before you go.  You can download from there all of your pictures.  Each person gets one free print too.

I was able to save all of our pictures to both mine and Sara's phones without issues!

One more thing, they also threw in a free cab ride back to the ship!

IMG_9377.JPEG

IMG_9378.JPEG

• Like 1

Back to our room for a shower...

More goodies left in our room!!!

Cookies were delicious!!!

Let's see more grapes co-mingled on the plate.. can't eat that..

Chocolate covered strawberries...yet again..I didn't get one!

Butler still can't get it right!

IMG_9778.JPEG

IMG_9779.JPEG

• Like 1

I should add we were back to the ship by 2:30 ship time.  We run into a few friends to find out things have changed.

Now if you remember, we are supposed to be staying overnight.

We left the ship at 8:20 am ship time.  Some time after 9 am, the captain announced we would be leaving once everyone was onboard.  Here is what I heard (I did not speak to anyone directly) so take it for what it's worth:

1. Some guests changed their flights and ran into the Captain on their way out.  The Captain informed them we were leaving and would be back in Port of Miami on Sunday.  These people changed their plans and stayed while some left.

2.  Scuttlebutt with the crew was that the Captain was bullied into going back to Miami because the port was still open!  Since Dorian was moving very slowly, they felt we could make it in without issues.

3. Some guests got hotel rooms in Cozumel and planned to live it up since they didn't have to be back until 5am when we were schedule to move slips.  From what I heard, they actually called all the passengers who were unaccounted for to get them back to the ship.

4. The crew thought they had some extended time off in Cozumel.  Davidette told us that she got a phone call saying all crew needed to be back by 5pm.

3:30 pm ship time - the Captain notified us that we would be departing once all the passengers were onboard.  Here we go again.  I change my flights to Monday (since Sunday was sold out) and booked a hotel room.

7:00 pm, there is an announcement that all passengers were back on the ship.

11:00 pm, I post on social media... "Theme for tonight..We're still not moving"

I think we ended up getting under way around 11:30 or so...

• Like 1

The glow party was tonight... We decided to make our own at Maltings  @Ancient Cruiser

Then it was off to O'Sheehan's for a late night snack.  We order wings and a burger just in case I didn't like the wings...

The wings were ok...  Who bread's their wings before frying???  I call these chicken fingers with bones.

Burger was really good!!!

Sorry Ruby, I couldn't resist David's fun with glow sticks!!!

IMG_9810.JPEG

IMG_9815.JPEG

IMG_9820.JPEG

IMG_9821.JPEG

IMG_9825.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Saturday August 31st we got invited to the Ice Bar for free!  We were approached by a staff member who had our pictures on a piece of paper.  She told us they were ready for us.  We were the first family in.  We were in there for a good 5 minutes before anyone else!

The bartender sent us behind the bar for pictures before anyone came in!

You can tell we're from WNY, we go to the Ice Bar wearing shorts and flip flops. 

We came out and there were hors d'oeuvres.  It was very nice!!!

IMG_9829.JPEG

IMG_9830.JPEG

IMG_9833.JPEG

IMG_9835.JPEG

IMG_9836.JPEG

IMG_9838.JPEG

IMG_9840.JPEG

IMG_9842.JPEG

IMG_9844.JPEG

IMG_9846.JPEG

IMG_9851.JPEG

• Like 1

We find ourselves back at Malting's with our friends.  We are talking about what was going on.  I checked Social media and got into with an internet troll... He was freaking out because he was on the Sept 1st sailing...

He said the port was closed... I checked right after I read his post.  Took a screen shot of this

IMG_9878.PNG

• Like 1

I get up from my comfy bar seat and ask one of the people in a suit at LaCucina (I won't say which one as I don't was to get them in trouble).

They knew nothing of the change.

I then go up to the Haven.  I asked Bowen what he knew.  as he was reading this, the Captain came on and said the Port of Miami has been closed.  They working with local authorities and the Coast Guard...  Return to Miami unknown. 

This just in...your guess is as good as ours!!!

Now is when the fun really begins.

What I saw first hand:

In the Haven I saw a women unloaded on Bowen.  I tied to defend him and tell her it's not his fault.  She got snippy with me... She wasn't worth the time in the Brig.

What I saw on video (a friend videoed) - people going nuts in the atrium.  One guy actually got in the officer's face.. he was yelling and pointing.  It looked like mass hysteria.

Here we go...I cancel my hotel again!!  Thankfully Marriott gave me my points back.  Southwest told me to cancel a minimum of 10 minutes before take off for credit.  I left my flights alone for now...