Cruise Critic Community
dino1037

Two cabins with teenager in one cabin..

We have just returned from a week on the Harmony in a Balcony cabin,myself,DH and nearly 16 year old daughter.

For various reasons including the fact that she was often back later than us to the cabin we would like 2 cabins next year.

If I book a balcony for me and her and an interior for my husband ( we will swap when onboard) will there be any chance of my husband having another cabin access card for what will officially be mine and our daughters cabin?

Otherwise he will need mine or my daughters card to access where he will be sleeping which may occasionally be a problem if we are not together.

Guest services will make your husband another key card for your room.

You can book your daughter in a cabin by herself as long as it is adjacent to, or across the hall from yours. You and your husband do not need to split up under that scenario. 

If husband is officially sailing solo he will get 2 points.  Also, if both of you don't want the deluxe drink package by having him in another cabin you only need to buy one (him for solo or you for minor in your cabin).

No problem at all. People do it all the time. As noted above, as long as your daughter is across the hall or next door she can be booked into her own cabin. 

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You can book your daughter in a cabin by herself as long as it is adjacent to, or across the hall from yours. You and your husband do not need to split up under that scenario. 

However if you do split up, your husband (and you by proxy) get double C&A points 

That’s great thanks... we are booking an interior directly opposite the balcony cabin

We will have the drinks package included as it is included at the moment on UK bookings

Edited by dino1037
Error

5 minutes ago, LeeW said:

If husband is officially sailing solo he will get 2 points.  Also, if both of you don't want the deluxe drink package by having him in another cabin you only need to buy one (him for solo or you for minor in your cabin).

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

However if you do split up, your husband (and you by proxy) get double C&A points 

I didn't consider the advantages of booking one of the adults solo. Great ideas and definitely worth the (minor) trouble of getting the extra Sea Pass cards once on board.

My daughter has a Crown and Anchor  number so surely I won’t get double points if she’s in a cabin with me?

12 minutes ago, dino1037 said:

My daughter has a Crown and Anchor  number so surely I won’t get double points if she’s in a cabin with me?

Your C&A level will always match your spouse’s. He will get double points and be that much closer to “leveling up” and he will be able to take you along for the ride, despite you having 7 points less. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
Spelling

1 minute ago, dino1037 said:

You “ inherit” your husband’s points.  My husband has the same D+ status as I do and he’s been on RCL once.

If both you and your husband have the same C and A points, it won't matter which of you is in the solo cabin,  but if one of you has more points I would book that person in the solo cabin. 

16 hours ago, 138east said:

You “ inherit” your husband’s points.  My husband has the same D+ status as I do and he’s been on RCL once.

No, you inherit the status, not the point level.

So if you split up, he is still a LONG ways from Pinnacle.

We put our 3 kids in a cabin next to us.  When they were younger (under 13) and we were not able to get connecting cabins, we used a video baby monitor.  We have always been able to get duplicate room keys.  All 5 of us had a key to each room and even now at 15, 15 & 16, I will still get everyone a key to each room.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:11 PM, dino1037 said:

As others have said, only the person in the solo cabin gets double points.  However if that person hits the next tier both spouse and kids under 18 also inherit the status.  So, book adult with highest number of points in the solo cabin.  While others don't get the points, if the solo hits the next tier everyone benefits.

On 9/3/2019 at 5:13 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Your C&A level will always match your spouse’s. He will get double points and be that much closer to “leveling up” and he will be able to take you along for the ride, despite you having 7 points less. 

This - if you are going to go for the extra points, make sure you have the right person in the solo cabin.  Sometimes one spouse will have more points than the other so make sure to maximze the solo points!