Cruise Critic Community
IWantToLiveOverTheSea

Regatta Refurbishment - Done or Not?

this month

First sailing after refurb is Sep 24th  I believe

We are on the second sailing after refurbishment Oct 14th. Rehab to take place in Seattle.   First post rehab is Seattle to Miami, ours is Miami to San Francisco.

Does anyone know what specialty restaurants are planned for Regatta? I remember reading about the merger of Polo and Toscana. Is that happening?

Frances

I'm on the first cruise after refurb, and reservations were available for Polo and Toscana....glad they left it alone!

29 minutes ago, Tansy Mews said:

Does anyone know what specialty restaurants are planned for Regatta? I remember reading about the merger of Polo and Toscana. Is that happening?

Frances

I am pretty sure they scrapped that idea  after negative feedback on Sirena

What Lyn says is what I have heard as well.  Even the staff didn't like the idea.

We sure didn't when we were on Sirena back in the fall of 2017.

Mura

All the negative talk about Red Ginger on Sirena.  However, it is the addition of Red Ginger which pushed me to book a cruise on Sirena.  I may change my mind after the cruise, but I prefer it over Polo or Toscana.

1 minute ago, KS&JW said:

All the negative talk about Red Ginger on Sirena.  However, it is the addition of Red Ginger which pushed me to book a cruise on Sirena.  I may change my mind after the cruise, but I prefer it over Polo or Toscana.

I think it was more the combination or Polo & Toscana  that had people  moaning 🙂

Regatta is going in Friday September 6 for rehab and it will be in Vancouver..Polo and Toscana remain..

Just got off on August 20..

Jancruz1

18 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Regatta is going in Friday September 6 for rehab and it will be in Vancouver..Polo and Toscana remain..

Jancruz1

Jan, you're my hero, you're always on a cruise. I'll be on one in a couple of weeks. 

19 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Can you send me some of your energy 😁

Say HI  to Stu

Lyn

Thanks..will do..

Finally going on a redone ship in December..will be on the California coastal Sirena December 7..excited to see how she looks..

Regards,

Jan

Arrived in North Vancouver

enhance

Being eased int the operating room...

enhance

enhance

The pictures are being posted on Oceania Regattas Facebook..I dont know how to repost so maybe someone else can..

Jancruz1

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

The pictures are being posted on Oceania Regattas Facebook..I dont know how to repost so maybe someone else can..

Jancruz1

I tried to find her Facebook page and no luck....can you post the exact facebook name

I wish they would put these things on their website or their blog  at least

Not everyone is on FB

JMO

8 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Thank you for sharing this link, but I still can't locate any pictures of the ongoing Regatta drydock work. ???

Google "Oceania Regatta Facebook"

10 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Google "Oceania Regatta Facebook"

Thanks - found the FB page but no pictures of the drydock....nice picture of the butlers though!!!

7 hours ago, basor said:

Thanks - found the FB page but no pictures of the drydock....nice picture of the butlers though!!!

If you become a "friend" to the ship, you will be permitted to see the additional photos.

At least I am able to 

I also am not able to view the photos.  I have long been a 'friend' of the Oceania Facebook page, so that is not the problem.  The  most recent photos I see are the Greek dinner on Sirena and Jacques Pépin.  I have noticed on other occasions the inability to find photos on friends pages that I know are there as I have viewed them before. Presumably FB is trying to show me things I have not yet seen.   However, this is the first time that I cannot see photos that others say are there and that I have not yet viewed.  One of many reasons that FB is so frustrating.  

If there is to be no amalgamation of Polo and Toscana on Regatta, I assume there will be no Reg Ginger either.   How about Sirena?   Are they going to scrap Red Ginger  on Sirena and have Polo and Toscana as separate entities on Sirena in the future??  There surely can't be room for all three restaurants.    We are sailing on Sirena next year and I am not a fan of Red Ginger but my DH is.          J