Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
hiccups

"Explore & Tour Sale" brochure fail

In today's mail was a brochure from Azamara--"Exclusive Savings on Shore Excursions for Your Upcoming Voyage."  Great news, as we were planning on booking one or two Azamara excursions because we have some OBC.  Then I saw it said, "This Labor Day weekend, enjoy up to 20% off select shore excursions with our Explore & Tour sale... when you book in advance from August 30, 2019 - September 1, 2019."  Too bad we didn't get the mailer until September 3rd 🙄  So much for Azamara paying for pre-sorted first-class postage!

Another Azamara offer and another disappointment. It's just incompetent to make a "valued guest" feel less valued than they were before. 

Phil 

Totally unaware of this “sale”, I did my routine perusal of the shore excursions for the upcoming Jan 23 & Feb 8 Journey sailings - and saw no difference in prices.

Although we’re on the Azamara e-mails list, got no notice of it at all. No biggie, as it didn’t really look like much of a sale anyway. What it does show though is that we should maybe check on our cruises’ offerings for a Black Friday / Cyber Monday possible “sale”...

Edited by snowglobe

35 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Another Azamara offer and another disappointment. It's just incompetent to make a "valued guest" feel less valued than they were before. 

Phil 

We got nothing was it also offered in the UK Phil?

Never received any notification and seem to receive all other Azamara emails.  Just booked future shore excursions on board 2 weeks ago for 10% off would have been nice to get an additional 10%.

No email offer for shoreX but lots of other constant offers 

Even though I'm opted in to Azamara's emails, I never receive anything.  This is maybe the second postal mail item I've received.

I wonder if because it was billed as a Labor Day sale, it was only valid in the U.S., and possibly only on certain voyages.  I know when Celebrity has shore excursion sales, it's not valid on all voyages.  This was for a sailing next month, so maybe Azamara is waiting to offer excursion sales closer to the sailing date.

ETA:  I just checked my settings, and once again Azamara has somehow been unselected.  This is at least the third time this year I've had to update it.

Edited by hiccups

3 hours ago, uktog said:

We got nothing was it also offered in the UK Phil?

I suspect it's marketplace specific as we don't have "Labor Day" here in the UK.  Perhaps they will run it at another time here under a different guise and hopefully communicate it correctly!

Phil