Has Coco Cay Beach Club showed up in your Cruise Planner yet?

snowglobe

8 hours ago, Cutigerlady said:

It showed up for my 9/21/20 Mariner sailing today:

Over the water club cabana - $999

club cabana - $699

club day pass - $54.99

chill island cabana - $499

south beach cabana - $499

water park cabana - $299

I just got an email about it as well.  

These prices look like a bargain compared to what I'm seeing for our June 2020 sailing.

8 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

These prices look like a bargain compared to what I'm seeing for our June 2020 sailing.

For our 9/22/19 sailing, I saw these prices fluctuate all over the place!  I rebooked our water park cabana 3 times.  The best deal was a week or so before final payment. A about 2 weeks before our cruise, the price got close to that before final payment date price, but not quite as a good deal. 

I booked the over the the water cabana, but hope to see the price go down a bit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

I was told it was a limited number, but they wouldn't tell me the number.

According to a press release, then reported in industry publications, that number is 450 for Coco Beach. I would think that number to be correct, as they have to factor in the restaurant’s capacity for serving the upgraded lunch.

Edited by snowglobe

1 minute ago, snowglobe said:

According to a press release, that number was reported in industry publications as 450. I would think that number to be correct, as they have to factor in the restaurant’s capacity for serving the upgraded lunch.

450 sounds like a lot of people for that small area.  

6 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

I'm sure it has to include the cabanas.  I still think it's a lot of people, especially with a small 2600 sq ft pool.  I booked the day pass for all my cruises to Coco Cay.  First sailing will be on Feb 7th.  If it's too crowded, I'll be canceling the other 6 reservations.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I'm sure it has to include the cabanas.  I still think it's a lot of people, especially with a small 2600 sq ft pool.  I booked the day pass for all my cruises to Coco Cay.  First sailing will be on Feb 7th.  If it's too crowded, I'll be canceling the other 6 reservations.

Check the Terms & Conditions for that - the cancellation window is 48 hours. If it’s a two-stop cruise, that wouldn’t work so well: once on Coco Cay on the Tuesday, it’ll technically be already too late to cancel the Thursday. (No problem though if you meant different cruises, of course.)

I’m in the same boat [pardon the pun], and have both days booked for the Beach Club. So, I’ll be relying heavily on the reviews that’ll come in order to make a decision & go ahead with a pre-cruise cancellation.

My initial thought was that the Beach Club would especially be great on a day when two ships are docked. But if the reviews mention crowding problems, then I would keep It only for the day when only one ship is docked. If people think the Island won’t be so busy, then maybe they’ll be less inclined to pay extra for the Beach Club pass...

The big variability too for the crowding factor shall be the cabana people, and where they will be hanging out. I suspect most of them won’t be hanging at the pool much. 😉

Edited by snowglobe

I have 3 cruises that go to CoCo Cay and it's showing in 2.5 of them (2020 shows all, and for 2021 it shows some of the new items but not all excursions are loaded yet).

It varies but it is quite pricey.

• Waterpark varies form $105-$131 CAD (ouch!).  But our Mariner double dip does have both days for $105...or first day for $131 or second day for $78 (typical Royal math)
  • Zipline ranges from $118-144 CAD
  • Thrill Cabana ranges from $397-663 CAD
  • Oasis Cabana ranges from $1328-1993 CAD

Some pretty crazy prices.  At least you have the option to go there and not spend a dime as well.

Edited by LuCruise

Prices for our Harmony, June 14, 2020 cruise:

Waterpark pass. $99

waterpark cabana $999.

Chill Island Cabana.$1299.

South beach  cabana $799.

Oasis Lagoon cabana $1299.

Coco Beach Club  Floating Cabana $1699. 

Zipline  $109.

There is no  Beach Club day pass listed for this cruise on my planner.  

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, snowglobe said:

Check the Terms & Conditions for that - the cancellation window is 48 hours. If it’s a two-stop cruise, that wouldn’t work so well: once on Coco Cay on the Tuesday, it’ll technically be already too late to cancel the Thursday. (No problem though if you meant different cruises, of course.)

I’m in the same boat [pardon the pun], and have both days booked for the Beach Club. So, I’ll be relying heavily on the reviews that’ll come in order to make a decision & go ahead with a pre-cruise cancellation.

My initial thought was that the Beach Club would especially be great on a day when two ships are docked. But if the reviews mention crowding problems, then I would keep It only for the day when only one ship is docked. If people think the Island won’t be so busy, then maybe they’ll be less inclined to pay extra for the Beach Club pass...

The big variability too for the crowding factor shall be the cabana people, and where they will be hanging out. I suspect most of them won’t be hanging at the pool much. 😉

Like I said, I plan to go on the 2/7 cruise.  If it's not worth it to me, I'll be canceling the other 6 reservations.  My thought too on the two ships in port. I sent a message to Royal asking is I would be guaranteed a lounger for my $69. They said yes.  I don't plan on going over as soon as the ship docks, so I wanted to make sure.

4 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

The full day pass, without the cabana, is only $50-69.

Full day pass, Oasis, Aug 2020 is $79 US

Other prices:

Thrill Water Park Full Day: $79

Thrill Water Park Cabana + Passes: $999

Zipline: $109

Balloon: $74

Chill Island Cabanas: $1,299

Oasis Lagoon Cabanas: $1,299

Coco Beach Full Day Pass: $79

Coco Beach Beach Cabana: $1,399

Coco Beach Floating Cabana: $1,699

Guess I picked an expensive month to go to Coco Cay

• Thanks 1

There’s quite a wide range of prices right from the start. If you’re sailing in a busy family period (school break, summer, holidays), the Beach Club prices are already steep coming in.

I’ll be interesting to track the prices over time - what’ll be the lowest & highest. I can easily see the Beach Club day pass climb in excess of $100 US easy, and we’ve already seen the floating cabana go as high as $1999 US.

When it opens, the Beach Club better meet the high expectations that match the prices that people are paying...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting...

I was on the Cruise Planner this aft. and noticed that all the Coco Cay prices had stayed exactly the same from two weeks ago, EXCEPT for the price of the Coco Beach Club Landside Cabanas - they dropped $200!

That makes them just $50 more than a Chill Island cabana for my sailing, and includes a better lunch, more space (including a table), maybe a quieter pool, and room for 8 people, instead of 6.

if you were seriously thinking of booking a Chill Island cabana - check your Cruise Planner... you may get tempted by these Beach Club ones.

• 2 months later...