Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Karen Lynn

FCO terminal 1-> 3 with baggage ?

Apparently we meet the Celebrity transfer in terminal 3 and we arrive in terminal 1 which I'm hearing is a 10 minute walk. 

Will there be baggage carts to take between terminals, anyone know?

Thank you 

As answered on your other thread, you claim bags and exit Customs in Terminal 3, not Terminal 1. You may be parking at Terminal 1, but that is not where you claim bags. The walk from bag claim to the meeting area is very short. But there should be bag carts there.

The Terminal 3 "Meeting Place" is where EVERYONE meets their transportation, of friends, or family, or whatever.

Sorry, I couldn’t find my other thread ! I oddly do see it now ,Bizarre...

so , arriving from Frankfurt into terminal 1 bags won’t be in that terminal?

Celebrity advised passengers and baggage must meet in terminal 3

Edited by Karen Lynn

Correct. In all cases, you claim bags in the same spot, and exit out to the non-secure part of the airport at Terminal 3. This is not uncommon....we are in DC right now. We parked at Terminal C at Dulles, but bags are claimed at the main Terninal...a long way from Terminal C.

FCO calls this point outside bag claim in Terminal 3 "The Meeting Point" for this exact reason...everyone meets their transportation there.

I have walked from T1 to T3, it takes about 15 minutes or so.   There are airport shuttle bus stops on the arrivals map so you can probably take a bus if you want: http://www.adr.it/documents/10157/17029089/overview+arrivi+_+20190627.pdf/7b273818-b303-40db-8f8c-c6cf0f34229e

When I walked it was airside, you'll be on the lower level after getting your bags and I don't think there is an indoor connection on that level.

Edited by euro cruiser

Yes, it's a schlep so you might want to look into that airport shuttle bus.  On the other hand, outside you're on the inside of the loop so it's a shorter walk than what I did airside, on the outside of the loop.