So tell me about your Serenade of the Seas and the inside passage experiences

dodgestang

I finally gave up always trying to cruise where I can drive to the port....and just bought into an Alaska cruise....

So good/bad experiences?

The Serenade looks a like the Grandeur (that I am very familiar with) except maybe just a little larger.  With a mini golf course 😉

Nothing like the Grandeur, I can assure you. 

Serenade OTS is a Radiance class ship. The Radiance was actually built with Alaska in mind. Not too big, not too small, with views out of the ship EVERYWHERE!  

A great ship for a great cruise. You won’t be sorry. Enjoy. 

We cruised on Serenade out of New Orleans going to Key West, Nassau, and Coco Cay. We liked her and you're correct that the Radiance class ships like Serenade are somewhat similar, albeit slightly larger, than the Vision class ships like Grandeur (both are based around a Centrum and feature an enclosed Solarium while lacking other bells and whistles like an ice rink Flowrider, Royal Promenade, etc.), I like the design quite a bit better. As @dreamer976 mentioned, there's great views everywhere, especially the panoramic windows at the elevator banks on the port side of the ship.

What we liked about Grandeur....it felt like you were on a boat......what we didn't like about Anthem....with very rare exceptions it didn't feel like we were on a boat while we were doing things around the vessel.

We also really like the Centrum...seemed like it was a center of activity while the Anthem didn't have a center...just clusters...and roaming hordes of people milling from one cluster to another at predicable times 😉

We also didn't care for the LOOONG walk from the elevators to the back of the ship where our stateroom and lounge was....on Serenade it appears to be right at the top deck and in the center....so that should be cool.

The Serenade is a beautiful, comfortable ship, and when I was aboard in July the service was outstanding. An Alaska cruise will probably have higher occupancy (more staterooms occupied by 3 or 4 people) than my Baltic cruise did, but the ship felt spacious and uncrowded.

My next RCI cruise is on the Radiance.