Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jo-b

Some photos of Sirena August 2019

Recommended Posts

As we found it difficult to find many photos of Sirena post refurb I thought others may like to see a few from our recent cruise. 

 

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmG4GxEc

Edited by jo-b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great photos .... thanks for sharing. We were just on the Insignia and also admired the refurbishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good photos. Other than Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak it looks like Insignia.

 

It is surprising that Oceania didn’t post a video or slide show of the refurbished ships, rather it seems that management has relied on passengers sharing snapshots. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pictures - thanks. She looks better than I thought she would, though it will take me some time to get used to the new look. 🙂

You must have been the first one on - the ship looks completely empty in most pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very appreciative, thank you...gives a good sense of the ambiance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for sharing. We will be sailing on her in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the pictures. What type of cabin were you in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressive and I really appreciate your time putting the photos together!

I really liked your stateroom also!

Thank you for sharing. Our first time on O will be next March and April on Riviera!

I got excited when I saw your picture of the promenade and lounge chair👍 Than realized it wasn’t the Riviera 😞 I hope we have a chance to try her in the future.

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for posting these. We are going on Sirena for the 1st time, this Dec. We were on the Riviera last time and it was an amazing ship. I know Sirena is smaller and more intimate. Your photos gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad they were helpful, we have commented on feedback forms and to anyone on the ship who will listen about the lack of photos or video on the website, I think it would be a big draw for new cruisers. 

 

The photos were usually taken on port days when everyone else was ashore in the heatwave we had in the Med and in ports we had visited previously so we tended go off for a walk round and a coffee and the head "home" to the AC! 

 

The cabin was a Vista Suite, a special birthday treat for my OH! It won't be repeated! Loved the room, used the balcony a lot not too windy and great views at the front but for us we found no use for the butler. Evening canapes arrived at  the wrong time for us trivia fiends and early diners, in room dining OK but lacked any sense of occasion we preferred getting changed and  "going out" . So for the price differential we will stick to our balcony unless we get an upgrade of course!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jo-b said:

Glad they were helpful, we have commented on feedback forms and to anyone on the ship who will listen about the lack of photos or video on the website, I think it would be a big draw for new cruisers. 

 

The photos were usually taken on port days when everyone else was ashore in the heatwave we had in the Med and in ports we had visited previously so we tended go off for a walk round and a coffee and the head "home" to the AC! 

 

The cabin was a Vista Suite, a special birthday treat for my OH! It won't be repeated! Loved the room, used the balcony a lot not too windy and great views at the front but for us we found no use for the butler. Evening canapes arrived at  the wrong time for us trivia fiends and early diners, in room dining OK but lacked any sense of occasion we preferred getting changed and  "going out" . So for the price differential we will stick to our balcony unless we get an upgrade of course!

 

 

As a newbie I really appreciate the pictures! All of my mailings I get are only a glimpse of the staterooms in the back of the brochures! I love promenades and she looks beautiful! We’re excited to be on Riviera for a TA and then a Med cruise!

Will be with a butler and am wondering if we will utilize him! Will see!

Thank you again.

Denise😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

! I love promenades and she looks beautiful!

Good news, Sirena does look beautiful

Bad news, only the R ships have that Promenade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the pics.   We are planning to  sail with Sirena in August net year.     We left Nautica yesterday.   She is looking rather tired and we are certainly interested in the changes that will be made to her.    We were in a PH suite and certainly did use Mani the Butler.      He brought morning tea each day at a prearranged time.  Booked an extra speciality restaurant.  Brought tea and cookies in the afternoon and of course the canapés we ordered.   When the fridge broke down Mani organised a new one within hours and brought ice in the interim.    He was cheerful and charming.  Nothing was too much trouble.    I tried dialling his number this morning at home, but sadly he did not respond!!!!!!!    J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Good news, Sirena does look beautiful

Bad news, only the R ships have that Promenade.

 

I know😞! We’re hoping to try her in the future!

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a full Promenade  deck it only goes on  part of the ship not all the way around like some other lines

but they do have loungers 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jay23 said:

I tried dialling his number this morning at home, but sadly he did not respond!!!!!!!    J

I am guessing you had to make the tea yourself this morning as well  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

I am guessing you had to make the tea yourself this morning as well  😀

Well my DH did and I am now calling him Mani  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful photos.  The ship looks beautiful, but will take some getting used to for us long time R-Class fans.   Having first sailed on Nautica (then the R5) back in March 2001 for our very first cruise.   Can it be 18+ years ago!

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jay23, Mani was our butler on one of our cruises and he is the best! Such a nice man and always greeted us with a smile!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...