Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Strongarm4

Dawn crew member

Does anybody know if is possible or how to mail a package to a crew member on the ship   I wanted to get a birthday card and a little personal gift to a crew member on the Dawn. She was wonderful on ship and her bday is 10/24.  We are going on Breakway 9/8 not sure if they can get it to her or what to do. Thanks for any options or opinions

My gut instinct is that after passengers leave a ship, the crew would just as soon leave it that way.  She was wonderful because she was doing her job.  Not, I suspect, because she wants to be pen pals.

That's very thoughtful of you and I imagine you would send it to corporate headquarters and they'd get the package to the particular crew member.

Not sure if this is up to date, it's dated 2016:

http://crew-center.com/crew-mail-shipping-address-norwegian-cruise-line

The address for crew mail / packages for all NCL cruise ship to be sent to is:

Name (First and Last name of team member) – Crew member

Ship`s Name – Department Name

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126 

As per the crew mail SOP:

Estimated delivery times should be considered when labeling your package to ensure you are onboard when your package is delivered. Once received by the Mail Room the additional delivery times are:

Envelopes – two (2) weeks

Packages to U.S. ports – three (3) weeks

Packages to non-U.S. ports – eight (8) weeks

9 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

My gut instinct is that after passengers leave a ship, the crew would just as soon leave it that way.  She was wonderful because she was doing her job.  Not, I suspect, because she wants to be pen pals.

Maybe. Or a crew member far away from home, making a living for her and her family will have a smile on her face when she gets a small gift from a past guest. Maybe she will toss it unopened and carry on posting on Instagram with the latest model iPhone, wearing expensive brand clothes bought from her received tips. Who knows, I don't.. but I found the address which was probably more helpful than anyone's gut feeling or unasked opinion. 

The best gift always is moneygram or money somehow.  Let them by a nice birthday gift for themselves.  However, not sure how to get that delivered.  

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

....which was probably more helpful than anyone's gut feeling or unasked opinion. 

I got news for ya, happy.   When you push the publish button on a new thread you’re asking for opinions whether you like it or not.  

Plus there’s the way you closed it, “thanks for any options or opinions.”

sooooooooo.....

Edited by MotownVoice

1 minute ago, MotownVoice said:

I got news for ya, happy.   When you push the publish button on a new thread you’re asking for opinions whether you like it or not.  

Plus there’s the way you closed it, “thanks for an options or opinions.”

sooooooooo.....

You realize of course, that you aren't responding to the OP? Yeah, didn't think so.

2 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

You realize of course, that you aren't responding to the OP? Yeah, didn't think so.

All the more reason to dismiss her dismissive attitude.  Since as it turns out I wasn’t even talking to her in the first place. 

Edited by MotownVoice