Cruise Critic Community

I love the Alchemy Bar for martinin’s. I’m a Dirty Gin martini drinker, and with 31 days coming up on the Splendor, I will be on the hunt for a good martini. The Splendor doesn’t have an Alchemy Bar. 😩

I don't think I've ever had a martini, but my friend and I plan to do a tasting at the Alchemy Bar on our cruise in October. I'm definitely a sweet drink drinker. What would y'all recommend? 

OnePsychLynne - Do the tasting - you get to pick several mini martinis, or if you're with a friend, just try them all.  They'll also make a drink especially for you - tell them your preferences and they will mix you up something unique. 

I absolutely love the Alchemy bar. A few years ago we were sitting there and my nephew decided to try one.   He'd never had a martini before.   She asked what flavors he enjoyed and then made him something special.  Had berries in it and was rather fruity.    He tasted it and decided it tasted like really good fruit punch or something because he finished it off in minutes.    I looked over at him as he was ordering a 2nd one and said,    "Uhm…...you may wanna slow down there a little bit fella.   That first one ain't had time to hit ya yet".

About 4 sips into his 2nd one the first one hit him.   LOL     Thought he was gonna fall off his stool.   was like someone flipped a switch.     He learned to pace himself after that  

Carnivals Alchemy bar is the best bar on any cruise line - no competition! 

1 hour ago, OnePsychLynne said:

I don't think I've ever had a martini, but my friend and I plan to do a tasting at the Alchemy Bar on our cruise in October. I'm definitely a sweet drink drinker. What would y'all recommend? 

A true martini (gin or vodka and vermouth) is definitely an acquired taste. But over the years, they have made many a concoction poured into a martini glass and called it a martini. If you like sweet, you might like a Cosmo, or Lemon Drop. If you like it sweet and spicy, definitely try the Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini...it’s is a favorite among many passengers.

Edited by crzndeb

6 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

A true martini (gin or vodka and vermouth) is definitely an acquired taste. But over the years, they have made many a concoction poured into a martini glass and called it a martini. If you like sweet, you might like a Cosmo, or Lemon Drop. If you like it sweet and spicy, definitely try the Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini...it’s is a favorite among many passengers.

This is actually why I never had a desire to try a martini. I just keep picturing a drink with a green olive and I'm like no thanks lol. It makes my mouth pucker just to think about alcohol that dry 🍸

I love drinks from Alchemy but why don't they use traditional martini glasses?

Laura

24 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

My go to martini is dirty with blue cheese stuffed olives, but I love the chipotle pineapple martini from Alchemy as well.

Edited by Butterbean1000

They specialize in flavored martinis.....never found the actual martinis, real martinis, very good on the ship other than at the Steakhouse 

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I love the Alchemy Bar for martinin’s. I’m a Dirty Gin martini drinker, and with 31 days coming up on the Splendor, I will be on the hunt for a good martini. The Splendor doesn’t have an Alchemy Bar. 😩

No Alchemy is the only drawback of the Splendor for me. For my Splendor cruises I enjoyed my dirty martinis at the Atrium Bar, and was lucky enough to have enjoyed the music there too.   

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

Laura

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

Laura

I was told they store easier and less breakage. 

We found a bartender in the Lobby Bar that poured us huge martinis. We like more traditional martinis 5 parts Vodka and a moment of silent meditation for the vermouth

7 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Carnivals Alchemy bar is the best bar on any cruise line - no competition! 

Totally agree. 

I heard the Alchemy bar prices are higher than any other bars.  What are they charging for cosmos, apple martini?