CCL High Tea

HillBilly Bob

3 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

I do take my own Bigelow Constant Comment since they do not offer that brand anywhere on the ships.  

Which is a shame!

My wife makes a great iced tea using a couple bags of constant comment mixed in with orange pekoe. Very refreshing!

We also take a few bags of sleepytime and either plantation mint or mint medley for the room.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, CruisinginWonderland said:

Im totally bringing my own if that’s allowed! Have you ever had a problem doing this? 

No problem at all (including on our cruise last week).  The servers will just bring you a pot of hot water.

21 minutes ago, GradUT said:

That seems expensive to me when the per bag cost of my Twinings tea is just over 10 cents each. 

It's a trade-off between packing your own bags on the ship and then taking them to tea with you as opposed to the convenience of just getting one there.

In full disclosure: We just got of a cruise today and packed PG Tips and Bigelow Plantation Mint with us. I'm with you when it comes to saving a bit of money.

Included tea options are Lipton (black/regular), Lipton decaf, and some type of green tea (not sure if Lipton, not a big tea drinker).  I'm fine with Lipton and didn't get any of the premium teas (I think $1.95/bag, plus gratuity? - included with Cheers). 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:18 PM, GradUT said:

If you like a specialty tea (i.e. anything other than black tea) you’ll be charged extra for it.  We bring our own teabags from home. 

The specialty teas are covered if you're on the Cheers plan, or they were on Vista this past December.

3 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Included tea options are Lipton (black/regular), Lipton decaf, and some type of green tea (not sure if Lipton, not a big tea drinker).  I'm fine with Lipton and didn't get any of the premium teas (I think $1.95/bag, plus gratuity? - included with Cheers). 

Do you know what the premium flavors are? Anything like lemon, raspberry or blueberry?

10 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

To confirm, the "premium" tea flavors are included with Cheers?

11 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

To confirm, the "premium" tea flavors are included with Cheers?

Yes.  As per Carnival's website:

CHEERS! includes:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer (including self-serve beer stations - PYOB) and wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20.00 USD or lower menu price, per serving 
  • Sodas (including specialty sodas), zero-proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices 
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where available
  • RockStar energy drinks, PowerAde, Vitamin Water, Honest Tea, and coconut water
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20.00 USD, per serving
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle 
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes