Just off Empress 8/24 - 9/4 - Oh, The Places You'll Go! - AMA

Writerfl

Hi all. Just off the extended Empress cruise where we hit every major cruise port in the Western Caribbean (except Ocho Rios). Detailed review to follow, but the TL;DR is "Fantastic Time, great food, amazing crew, teeny weeny cabins, surly Guest Services staff, but overall a super effort under trying circumstances." While I'm putting the review together, feel free to AMA.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Writerfl said:

Hi all. Just off the extended Empress cruise where we hit every major cruise port in the Western Caribbean (except Ocho Rios). Detailed review to follow, but the TL;DR is "Fantastic Time, great food, amazing crew, teeny weeny cabins, surly Guest Services staff, but overall a super effort under trying circumstances." While I'm putting the review together, feel free to AMA.

Nice to see your positive attitude during a challenging time.

3 hours ago, Christinampl said:

Looking forward to your review. Happy you were able to enjoy under the stressful circumstances.

I board Empress this Saturday and cannot wait to read your thoughts. Any photos of MDR or drink menus?

Sorry, no photos at all. Twangster has pretty much slammed the book on this one. His recent review has dozens of really professional looking photos, MUCH better than I could do with my little Canon Rebel.

Again sorry, no drink menus cause I don't drink. I did, however, have the soda package and definitely got my money's worth, especially since ALL previously purchased packages were extended without cost for the remainder of the cruise.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WillandTam said:

We do have an Empress question. It appears that when she came back into service with the fleet she offered only My Time dining. Does she now offer set time dining also?

I am pretty sure she had traditional ever since she came back into the fleet. 

3 hours ago, WillandTam said:

We do have an Empress question. It appears that when she came back into service with the fleet she offered only My Time dining. Does she now offer set time dining also? Thank you! We are considering an 8 day in January. 

Traditional dining is an option.