Age limits on 'high priced/luxury' tours in Royal Carribean & I assume other brands?

dodgestang

White Pass Legacy Club Luxury Railway Experience

Skagway, Alaska

What's the deal with this tour? I saw it in my planner and I was like instantly...that's the scenic train ride I want...small number of people in a luxury parlor car, private guide, food/beverages...everything I look for.  BUT.....16yr old and up only.  😞

So my 9 and 13 yr old can't be spoiled too?

Anyone ever taken this specific tour....trying to decide if it is worth sending out personal emails to RC or even looking to book outside of cruise.

Here is the problem.  Your children may be very well behaved.  However, we all know that people who have badly behaved kids may either not realize that their kids are awful or they don't care.  We have all been in upscale restaurants where someone decided to bring their bratty kids or their normally acting crying infants.

DON

• Like 2

Sorry, this is a WP&YR excursion that is sold to ALL cruise lines. Criteria are operator-driven, not cruiseline. Your kids might be among the rare subset of kids who are well-behaved, interested in old-school trains, and able to handle a very sedentary excursion for several hours without acting out or whining - but even so many fellow pax would be complaining and demanding refunds if your kids even looked at them the wrong way and 'ruined their experience'!!!

I think you'd have to charter the entire car to get kids on it, just like with some of the whale-watching boats that otherwise won't take kids on shared trips.