Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
93beachbum

Diamond Happy Hour

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Suite (not Junior) guests can get unlimited drinks in either the Concierge or Suite lounges during the evening happy hour.  No drink vouchers for suite guests.

 

Empress gave suite guests vouchers. 

Personally,  I think it would be a good idea if they did that on the rest of the fleet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 12:23 PM, molly361 said:

We almost always just use our 3 drink vouchers at bars around the ship and I am always surprised at the number of D and above that ask for drinks NOT on the drinks menu.  I never know if they are trying to get something not on the list or if they are indeed unaware that the choice is limited.  I have never thought of asking for a frozen drink.  Might have to try it now😇

Not Diamond, but maybe someday. 😉

 

But one clarification....the 3 drinks that get loaded to your sea pass.  I know that they can only be used during Happy Hour.  But are you limited to the (small) drink menu that is in the Diamond lounge?  Or can you order any drink from any bar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LuCruise said:

Not Diamond, but maybe someday. 😉

 

But one clarification....the 3 drinks that get loaded to your sea pass.  I know that they can only be used during Happy Hour.  But are you limited to the (small) drink menu that is in the Diamond lounge?  Or can you order any drink from any bar?

 

Diamond list drinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Empress gave suite guests vouchers. 

Personally,  I think it would be a good idea if they did that on the rest of the fleet

 

I agree, I'm having a hard time with the idea of paying 6-8k for a suite with literally no drinks included. As a suite guest I would be happy getting the 3 drinks a day during happy hour. I'm coming from NCL's Haven, Haven guests pretty much always get offered the free* drink package (*free after paid grats). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Not Diamond, but maybe someday. 😉

 

But one clarification....the 3 drinks that get loaded to your sea pass.  I know that they can only be used during Happy Hour.  But are you limited to the (small) drink menu that is in the Diamond lounge?  Or can you order any drink from any bar?

 

Same drink menu as in the lounge:

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2651628-brilliance-of-the-seas-suite-lounge-beverages-and-hours/?do=findComment&comment=57188410

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Are these the options available to me in the Diamond/Concierge lounge during happy hour as a suite guest, or are these only available as vouchers to Diamonds? (sorry I know I asked this in another thread)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomservo said:

 

Are these the options available to me in the Diamond/Concierge lounge during happy hour as a suite guest, or are these only available as vouchers to Diamonds? (sorry I know I asked this in another thread)

 

If the ship has a Diamond Lounge, then it also has a Suite or Concierge lounge where you can get your unlimited drinks.  No vouchers for suite guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Host Clarea said:

 

If the ship has a Diamond Lounge, then it also has a Suite or Concierge lounge where you can get your unlimited drinks.  No vouchers for suite guests.

 

Ok so say I'm on the Oasis - they have a Diamond Lounge and an Suite Lounge, or are they one and the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tomservo said:

 

Ok so say I'm on the Oasis - they have a Diamond Lounge and an Suite Lounge, or are they one and the same?

 

Different lounges.  On all ships that have the lounges, the Diamond Lounge is separate from the Concierge and Suite lounges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Different lounges.  On all ships that have the lounges, the Diamond Lounge is separate from the Concierge and Suite lounges.

Thanks for clarifying!  But basically the 3 drink vouchers are the exact same as the lounge, but you can go elsewhere to obtain the drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Not Diamond, but maybe someday. 😉

 

But one clarification....the 3 drinks that get loaded to your sea pass.  I know that they can only be used during Happy Hour.  But are you limited to the (small) drink menu that is in the Diamond lounge?  Or can you order any drink from any bar?

The menu doesn’t list drinks, just the alcohols to be used in drinks. So you can order any drink that includes those alcohols. I’m usually a Dirty Gin martini drinker, but for variety, I will sometimes order a Cosmo or Lemon Drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for clarifying!  But basically the 3 drink vouchers are the exact same as the lounge, but you can go elsewhere to obtain the drinks.

Yes any bar, the good thing about the vouchers is that they are honored in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and theaters during happy hours.  Many times the bar tenders go beyond the listed alcohols. I mainly stick with Martinis or gin and tonic, wife loves Amaretto and cranberry in the bars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomservo said:

 

I agree, I'm having a hard time with the idea of paying 6-8k for a suite with literally no drinks included. As a suite guest I would be happy getting the 3 drinks a day during happy hour. I'm coming from NCL's Haven, Haven guests pretty much always get offered the free* drink package (*free after paid grats). 

you do get "free drinks" in the suite lounge during the specified times. We have grabbed a drink and then take it to shows or to dinner.Some ships have drinks available form 11;30 am till 11 pm. others from 4:30pm to 8:30 pm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do minor 'adults' receive anything? My son is 14, which is considered an adult, and diamond. He obviously doesn't get alcohol but does he get free soda or anything? On the last cruise it didn't occur to me to check his list of benefits. I was just excited he also got a BOGO milkshake lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kknorr0320 said:

Do minor 'adults' receive anything? My son is 14, which is considered an adult, and diamond. He obviously doesn't get alcohol but does he get free soda or anything? On the last cruise it didn't occur to me to check his list of benefits. I was just excited he also got a BOGO milkshake lol.

 

No free beverage vouchers until the guest is 18.  However, if in the lounge, they will probably give him a soda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

No free beverage vouchers until the guest is 18.  However, if in the lounge, they will probably give him a soda.

Ok thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

you do get "free drinks" in the suite lounge during the specified times. We have grabbed a drink and then take it to shows or to dinner.Some ships have drinks available form 11;30 am till 11 pm. others from 4:30pm to 8:30 pm 

 While your information is technically correct, it is a little misleading. All the ships with a diamond/concierge/suite lounge have an evening cocktail hour somewhere in the range of 4:30-8pm. 

 

Then, the oasis class ships also offer beer and wine in the SUITE LOUNGE ONLY  from (about) 11 in the morning to 11 at night. 

Cheers 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Then, the oasis class ships also offer beer and wine in the SUITE LOUNGE ONLY  from (about) 11 in the morning to 11 at night. 

 

Ok, so on Oasis-class, no cocktails outside of 4:30-8pm? And you if you stop by when they’re open, you can grab a beer or wine and take it out of the lounge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tomservo said:

 

Ok, so on Oasis-class, no cocktails outside of 4:30-8pm? And you if you stop by when they’re open, you can grab a beer or wine and take it out of the lounge?

 

Correct on the cocktails.  Taking beer or wine out has been the norm in our experience, but that may not always be the case.  If you are coming in every 5 minutes and grabbing a beer, I think they might have a problem with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 11:43 AM, karena1 said:

We buy the package all the time and we are D+.  We enjoy have cocktails by the pool, I usually have a Mimosa in the morning, husband wants specialty coffee, etc.  We rarely go to the lounge at night, we like Schooner's so much better, especially on the Oasis Class ships.  We don't even like with the DL is located on Harmony and Symphony so never go there at all.  

 

On Freedom later this month, we will go to the DL at night because it is still in the VCL.  After refurb next year, it will be somewhere else, so probably won't go anymore to that one either

 

So package or no package is a personal thing.  If you have 5 drinks a day, plus coffee, soda, water, the package pays for itself.

 

Where do you think it is going to be?

 

Independence's and Liberty's Diamond Lounges are in the VCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 1:46 PM, John&LaLa said:

 

I got in quite a tiff with a bartender in the casino. I sat down about 10 till 8. He finally gets to me right at 8. Pours me an Absolute and Cranberry,  then charges me. When I objected he said computer controls it, past 8pm. Receipt clearly shows Absolute.  So I said no, it charged me because you entered wrong alcohol.  Told him I didn't want it then. He grabbed receipt when i tried to take a picture of it. 

 

I ended up with drink and gave him a tip anyway. But i never went back

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The computer does control the time. I got there 3 minutes early and the bartender apologized and said he had to wait a couple of minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

Where do you think it is going to be?

 

Independence's and Liberty's Diamond Lounges are in the VCL.

 

I think the DL will stay where it is and they will put the Suite Lounge up in place of the card and game rooms.

 

On those Voyager ships that already had Izumi up in Viking Crown, they redesignated the DL as the Suite Lounge and moved the DL down to the old Connoisseur Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LCGirl said:

The computer does control the time. I got there 3 minutes early and the bartender apologized and said he had to wait a couple of minutes

Think the thing was he was there for 10 minutes before the end of HH, waiting to be served. Maybe there should be an override at barmens discretion when he knows the customer was waiting before the end of HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, crzndeb said:

The menu doesn’t list drinks, just the alcohols to be used in drinks. So you can order any drink that includes those alcohols. I’m usually a Dirty Gin martini drinker, but for variety, I will sometimes order a Cosmo or Lemon Drop. 

 

Actually no, as frozen drinks (slushy kind) are not included.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...