PRINCESS ADDS SECOND INAUGURAL ON SKY PRINCESS

Mapu

1 hour ago, Mapu said:

There was a gap in the schedule until yesterday when the 12/1-12/4 cruise was announced.

Exactly.  We put a hold on the same cabin we have on the 12/4 cruise. But not real excited about late boarding on 12/1. A turnaround day in PE/FLL. 2 stops in Princess Cay

prolly let it expire

when does the Getaway sale end ...?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Exactly.  We put a hold on the same cabin we have on the 12/4 cruise. But not real excited about late boarding on 12/1. A turnaround day in PE/FLL. 2 stops in Princess Cay

prolly let it expire

We had the same concerns, but figured we are on the ship anyway, it's one more cruise toward Elite and booked both.  

I am wondering if part of the reason we are boarding and sailing late is so the contracted Christmas decorators have more time!  We watched them work on embarkation day of another cruise and it was amazing.  

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

15 hours ago, voljeep said:

prolly let it expire

I am also wondering when the Getaway sales ends....

Everyone knew the ship would not sit at the pier December 1-4th. There would be people on it and it would be sailing - what we didn't know is if it was going to be a private gathering for agents and big wigs with Princess and CCL, if it would be paying passengers or a combination of both.

If it was a private party, does that make December 4th a true inauguration? Especially since it is sailing from Europe before? My guess is there will be t-shirts all year that say "inaugural year." I remember seeing that in the past with Princess.

Edited by Coral

Just now, trvlwrld said:

This happened to us on the Majestic inaugural...another 4 day added to the beginning (at a great price BTW) , and it was a great Med itinerary,  but there was nothing “special”...😜

I booked one inaugural and it was cancelled many years ago - I actually wanted to go for itinerary, not that it was the inaugural. Previous posts indicate that the only thing special was a trinket in the cabin or something like that. Nothing else special.  Thus, one sort of wonders why the big deal.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 12:41 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

What is so amazing about a sold out cruise becoming available again?

They didn’t add another cruise it was always there. 

The 12/4 sailing was sold out, they recently released some more cabins. The 12/1 sailing did not exist until 2 days ago. Originally it was speculate they were going to use it for a TA/VIP sailing. Now they've opened it up as a regular sailing, selling both 12/1 and 12/4 as Inaugural sailings

5 minutes ago, dogdoc2002 said:

The 12/4 sailing was sold out, they recently released some more cabins. The 12/1 sailing did not exist until 2 days ago. Originally it was speculate they were going to use it for a TA/VIP sailing. Now they've opened it up as a regular sailing, selling both 12/1 and 12/4 as Inaugural sailings

In situations like this I always try and be flexible so if something does come open at the last minute I can act.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:46 AM, GottaLuvCruising said:

Late boarding and departure are disappointing!  I am holding a balcony, but reconsidering because of this factor...basically missing an afternoon on board.

...and if there is bad weather, and the ship has to slow on the crossing...

A few (probably more) Grand arrived in Ft. Lauderdale from a crossing around 2:00pm, rather than 7:00am because of weather.

And, what about Coast Guard inspections when the ship first enters the US?

On 9/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, john_galt said:

5 pm boarding and 10 pm sailing sorta makes the 12/1 sailing a 2 day cruise. 

We feel like we are getting  back those missing hours on board by doing B2B and having all day 12/4 on board.  In any case, we get to experience a new ship (and two cruises toward Elite) without spending a lot of money.  

11 hours ago, dogdoc2002 said:

12/1  barely any cabins sold. 

j/s

2 hours ago, scott4020 said:

How are they going to visit Princess Cay on the 3rd when the Carnival Sunrise is already scheduled to be there?

31 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I thought this was debunked??

What was debunked was incorrect itinerary information on certain third-party websites.  Potential Princess Cay conflicts with Carnival were found to be non-existent as Carnival had adjusted order of ports in Bahamas.

Indeed Carnival Sunrise is scheduled for Princess Cay on Dec 3 according to Carnival website.  My guess would be, similar to other prior data conflicts, that Princess has dibs and Carnival will have to adjust port order for their short cruise.

Another point is, that Carnival Sunrise has Freeport as a port of call and it is quite likely calls to Freeport will be bypassed in the near term due to Dorian damage.  I don't follow or have any interest in Carnival, but the preceding is what I know and looked up.

Edited by steelers36

8 hours ago, pablo222 said:

...and if there is bad weather, and the ship has to slow on the crossing...

A few (probably more) Grand arrived in Ft. Lauderdale from a crossing around 2:00pm, rather than 7:00am because of weather.

And, what about Coast Guard inspections when the ship first enters the US?

Hopefully this doesn’t happen, because I couldn’t stay on Sky to do a cruise following the TA (it wasn’t available until now) I’m now booked on another ship on December 1st. If I wasn’t past final payment for that I would have booked the two three nighters and the 7 night. 😕

On 9/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, Mapu said:

In addition to the December 4th Inaugural Sky Princess Getaway just added is a December 1st-4th sailing. In addition the previously "standing room only" December 4th date has many cabins available.

It's not a real inaugural, but the fifth Sky cruise.  DW and I are b2b on the 3'rd and 4'th out of Rome and Barcelona.  The Dec 1 cruise is the first out of Lauderdale so I guess that is the difference between an inaugural and maiden cruise.

32 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

Question what is earliest time to give a porter our luggage? I am disembarking the Regal and the Sky boards at 5! 

Typically the porters are ready to take luggage when the ship has cleared. Usually around 9:30, however hard to say on this situation with the Sky and all the activities going on.

1 hour ago, Notonboard said:

Question what is earliest time to give a porter our luggage? I am disembarking the Regal and the Sky boards at 5! 

Is this for the Dec 1, SKY Inaugural that recently went on sale?  This is a special situation, so hard to say when they will start taking luggage.  But the usual early morning could work as @Colo Cruiser suggested.  You might find you are in close-proximity and can check on-site.  (PIer 2 and Pier 4)?

If you check here: https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/   a week before your arrival back, you can see where ships are assigned at PE (assuming I am correct above).