Armonia Rumors!?!

TheMettins

10 minutes ago, TheMettins said:

Thank you, I noticed the itineraries were released yesterday morning.  I'm in the process of booking, but finding a TA w/ group space has been harder than I thought!  Wondering if pricing will come down :classic_rolleyes:

Pricing for other lines in Tampa has always been steady, which surprised me- I know we have a large retirement community here in Tampa and surrounding areas, so my guess is it will sell fast once the word gets out. 

I hope so.  With a positive attitude, I think she would be a good fit for the HAL cruisers.  Granted, the cabins are small, but well organized, and the food isn't the greatest, but the facilities and atmosphere might suit them.  I think she is a sweet 'little' ship.  EM

• Like 1

Darn.  I'll actually be on the 2nd leg of a B2B on Carnival Legend (Med/TA).  Guess I'll just have to wait until I'm living in that area and see what prices are like for all those various ships.  Sailing her on Monday and keeping my fingers crossed that I'll like her as much as I did in May because I really like the idea of all those options from Tampa (even if the Western Caribbean itineraries don't excite me much).

Finally booked!  Found an interesting cabin...but it's an OV, and we're used to balconies or suites :classic_blush:  While not private, there is a 'secret deck' for quick access to the outside- and I like all the space/storage.  Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and upgrade to an Aurea Balcony Suite if the price comes down a bit.  My booking says it's category O3, Aurea OV (I've also seen it called a Family Suite)- there are two on the ship, 9003/9006.

20190919_183026.jpg

20190920_124827.jpg

On 9/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, CruisinMaterial said:

Kevin Sheehan started it with getting NCLH listed and then FDR just went crazy with it! You're right on the span of time. I took a break from NCL in 2018 and returned to the Epic this June and paid a premium price for garbage. I didn't get the drinks package since I don't drink that much and a $20 premium drink which used to cost $10 just 2 years back was the part that pissed me off. I can't even have a drink without being fleeced. FDR is going to kill NCL. The only loyal cruisers they have now are drunks, who by night time are puking. It's disgusting! Sad because I helped build up NCL with word of mouth from the 2003 voyage and now it's gone to this. I see MSC as the way NCL was, starting out... with hiccups and such in service but nice ships... but MSC is privately owned (thankfully). If they go to investors, the product will go to poop!

I didn't know you could sell your CruiseNext deposits! I might do just that! I have two left. Never again will I be buying them either!

Totally agree!   I have one more NCL Cruise to go because I need to use my last CruiseNext Voucher but since I "discovered" MSC,  it's likely to be a while before I will back on NCL.  Like you, I sailed NCL numerous times between 2008 and 2016 and felt the product was continuously improving.  But, after three very disappointing experiences since 2016 and the challenges I've been having with this upcoming cruise, that is all.  I am headed to MSC because my experiences with MSC have been the polar opposite of those with NCL.  Enough with NCL's initially overpriced cruises, underwhelming shipboard service, and misinformation from disinterested NCL phone representatives  (although I do have to acknowledge that the MSC phone reps don't always seem to be on the same page).  I persuaded six friends who had never been on NCL to join me on this upcoming NCL cruise and the service we've had from NCL has been so bad that they already are saying they won't consider NCL again before they've even cruised.  I don't know what Sheehan did wrong to get fired but Del Rio is going to do for NCL what the leaders of Sears Roebuck did for that company.

Edited by Bluewake