Montego Bay Itinerary

ceedoubleyou

Hi all,

This is my first post on Cruise Critic, so hopefully i posted it in the right spot....

I am going on the Carnival Vista in a couple weeks (Oct.5-12, 2019)  This isn't my first Carnival Cruise, but it will be my first with just me and my wife. I usually go with my family and friends in a giant group of 20+ people and my mother is the one who usually arranges all of the itineraries for the entire group.

Our ports are Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. The shore excursions for Grand Cayman and Cozumel are taken care of (Bar Hopping Tour in GC, Mr. Sanchos Day Pass in Cozumel) but i chose to hire a private taxi for Montego Bay to drive us to select spots for shopping, eating, and beach lounging. Again, its my first time planning for a cruise and being responsible for another person, so safety is always a concern for me, even though we are both young.

Another concern is time. The ship arrives at 8 and leaves at 5 (which means we need to be back by 4). My wife is not really a morning person, and i doubt we will be part of the group that's ready ASAP to get off the ship. Most likely we will get off the ship around 10 am. So essentially, we have 5-6 hours for our itinerary including travel/traffic to and from the ship and the different locations. Also nothings set in stone yet, and we are flexible and open to other ideas. Heres the basic plan for that day:

Stop 1- Whitter Village (Shopping) - 1hr

Stop 2- Pork Pit (Jerk Chicken and Pork 😋) - 1hr

Stop 3- Doctors Cave Beach (Good reviews, has facilities, beach equipment for rent, supposedly more secure) - 2hrs

TL;DR, is the above schedule doable/worth doing? Or are there better options to choose from? Any advice/critique is greatly appreciated. Thanks

We just got back from this same ports last week on the Vista. Your stops are all do-able even getting off the ship at 10 am. We did Hilton Rose Hall Beach Resort (thru resorts For A Day) and didn't get off the ship until 1030 and left the resort at 230, we were back to the port by 3:00. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, scuba_ninja said:

I'm doing the same port in a few months and wanted to do pretty much the same stops. Where did you find the private taxi for the day?

I looked on TripAdvisor for private taxi/tour companies. The one i found was Jamaican Taxi Tours. They quoted the itinerary i gave them for $90 round trip. Theres more on TripAdvisor if you have time to check them out

• Thanks 1

Ricardo Riley with libertytoursjamaica.com is awesome.   We've used him twice and always felt very safe and secure.  He loves his country and will show you a great time. He always makes sure you're back on time and is flexible with the schedule.   Hope you have a great trip!

• Thanks 1