Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
DJLDRUMS

"The Quest" audience participation on Celebrity?

As a seasoned cruiser on Royal most often enjoying The Quest that's held towards the end of the cruise on most if not all of their ships, brings to mind a question asking that if a similar type event is held on Celebrity ships.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

5 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

As a seasoned cruiser on Royal most often enjoying The Quest that's held towards the end of the cruise on most if not all of their ships, brings to mind a question asking that if a similar type event is held on Celebrity ships.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Nothing even close to QUEST on any of the Celebrity ships. Bummer! 

I'll say ! thanks for the bad news davekathy...Hope that 'lights out' wont be 10:00pm ...

5 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

I'll say ! thanks for the bad news davekathy...Hope that 'lights out' wont be 10:00pm ...

No studio B or ice skating either. No royal promenade deck on any Celebrity ships so no stupid parades either.  Lights stay on past 10:PM on Celebrity. 😉 

So what's there to do for the "middle age" folks to do in the evening?

Be careful with your answers now...😂

42 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

So what's there to do for the "middle age" folks to do in the evening?

Be careful with your answers now...😂

The typical cruise line shows in the theater. If one of the guest acts is a comedian he/she usually will have a late night adult themed comedy show. The marriage show. I believe there is also a silent disco evening. Bands in the different lounges. Evening pool deck dancing. Like RC the entertaining can very from ship to ship. Check your Celebrity today (like RCs Cruise Compass)for that day and evenings entertainment. I see you're a drummer. I am also. Well I at least can bang on the kit with pretty good time. 

Edited by davekathy

Celebrity isn’t Royal, which many of us enjoy.  9:00 show, 10:30 a late night show/activity.  Following that a DJ or musicians in the Sky Lounge for dancing.

if you are looking for Quest, ice shows, lame pool games and parades you won’t find them.  

Both are good, it just depends on what you prefer.  For us fewer kids,  a more adult environment and a bit more upscale is our choice. 

As a "middle age folk" I have to say one of the best things Celebrity has at night (on some nights) is the Silent Disco.

I think I had more fun watching everyone than actually participating. 

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

The typical cruise line shows in the theater. If one of the guest acts is a comedian he/she usually will have a late night adult themed comedy show. The marriage show. I believe there is also a silent disco evening. Bands in the different lounges. Evening pool deck dancing. Like RC the entertaining can very from ship to ship. Check your Celebrity today (like RCs Cruise Compass)for that day and evenings entertainment. I see you're a drummer. I am also. Well I at least can bang on the kit with pretty good time. 

To date thanks to everyone replying to my question. We've done few Celebrity cruises and wasn't sure if there was anything in the line of The Quest. granted, Celebrity is a little more upscale. Yeah we can do without the belly flop contest, and some of the RCI's audience / stage participation shows. Oh well, we're not sailing till October 2020.

(Yes, davekathy, i am a drummer, DW Jazz Series 4 piece kit, Special Selection Zildjian's picked at the factory an hour from here, play professionally. Cool that's great, another fellow drummer as well!)

No Quest on X...

Thankfully,  Royal C cuture has not fully prevailed on Celebrity   yet!