Cruise Critic Community
Porcupine123

Experience with Hotel Catalonia Born

We loved walking through El Born but that was down in the area closer to the water and the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar.  Tons of quaint shops & restuartants but quieter than Las Ramblas.

Hopefully others are able to chime in about Hotel Catalonia Born.  If I'm looking at the map correctly it's near the Arc de Triomf, which I wouldn't have considered to be in El Born.  Different maps have the area labeled differently.  The reason I mention is that if you ask about El Born the responses you get may be for the area further south than the hotel.  We took pictures at the Arc de Triomf and walked through to Parc de la Ciutadella but didn't spend much additional time in that specific area.

We stayed there in June.  It's a nice hotel.  I wouldn't  actually consider in  El Born, but  on the edge.  It is a very easy access  to the subway  (5 minute walk), and the street its on has several restaurants but  isn't super loud at night, so considered it a good location. Staff were very nice, room clean, bathroom large.  We were on the   4th floor I think, with a room facing the courtyard, so quiet even during the St. Joan festival that was happening.