Crystal, Gentung, and Dorian

Most cruise lines seem to be mounting a strong campaign to provide aid to the Bahamas after the devastation of Dorien.  So far I haven't seen any response from Crystal which in itself didn't surprise me since their ships are currently nowhere in the area.  What I thought might have happened is Crystal participating in a response from their parents, either Gentung or Resorts World.  I was really surprised that there seems to be no response there either.

I noticed something else in looking around.  Neither Resorts World nor Gentung seems to have any reference in their list of brands to Crystal.  Among the hospitality partners I see Dream Cruises listed quite prominently but was very stunned to see nothing about Crystal

Any thoughts?

Roy

Somewhat off topic but does anyone have any ideas why Symphony is being exiled from the US? After this fall there are no Symphony sailings hitting US waters through 2022 that I can find. At 25 is she too old to meet fuel efficiency standards? I just sailed on her to Alaska and didn't notice anything amiss. I asked several staff members who should know and they seemed very tight lipped. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, latsyrc said:

Somewhat off topic but does anyone have any ideas why Symphony is being exiled from the US? After this fall there are no Symphony sailings hitting US waters through 2022 that I can find. At 25 is she too old to meet fuel efficiency standards? I just sailed on her to Alaska and didn't notice anything amiss. I asked several staff members who should know and they seemed very tight lipped. Thoughts?

Maybe with a limited number of Ocean ships  they are  trying to spread out the  regions they sail

Serenity is still doing Caribbean  from what I can see

No matter where they sail I would think they have to meet SOLAS  regulations ?

1 hour ago, latsyrc said:

Somewhat off topic but does anyone have any ideas why Symphony is being exiled from the US? After this fall there are no Symphony sailings hitting US waters through 2022 that I can find.

What's the problem?  Works for me.

You'll only find me on a Caribbean itinerary if the price was a steal.  Ditto with Alaska and New England.  Been there, done that, seen all I want to see.  So I'm quite happy that they are doing more exotic and distant itineraries.

14 minutes ago, NJBelle said:

Huh?  Check again - Symphony is sailing from San Diego in January 2020.  Going to Hawaii among other places!

ok instead of fall it's winter. See any other 2020, 2021, 2022 cruises from US?

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Most cruise lines seem to be mounting a strong campaign to provide aid to the Bahamas after the devastation of Dorien.  So far I haven't seen any response from Crystal which in itself didn't surprise me since their ships are currently nowhere in the area.  What I thought might have happened is Crystal participating in a response from their parents, either Gentung or Resorts World.  I was really surprised that there seems to be no response there either.

I noticed something else in looking around.  Neither Resorts World nor Gentung seems to have any reference in their list of brands to Crystal.  Among the hospitality partners I see Dream Cruises listed quite prominently but was very stunned to see nothing about Crystal

Any thoughts?

Roy

Roy, I looked at  Genting Cruise Lines where Crystal and the other Cruise Line Brands are duly noted.

http://www.gentingcruiselines.com

Also from their website.

http://www.gentingcruiselines.com/media/1122/20190620- GCL Brochure Ver 2.1 EN Preview.pdf

Keith

9 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Roy, I looked at  Genting Cruise Lines where Crystal and the other Cruise Line Brands are duly noted.

http://www.gentingcruiselines.com

Also from their website.

http://www.gentingcruiselines.com/media/1122/20190620- GCL Brochure Ver 2.1 EN Preview.pdf

Keith

Thanks Keith.  I hadn't realized they had a separate website for cruise lines distinct from their main web site.

Roy

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe Genting  concentrates  their efforts in Asia

They have a lot more  storms & disasters  there 

JMO

This is very insightful. Right now typhoon Lingling that is battering the Korean peninsula. Here in North America that is worth barely a blip in the news. And typhoon Faxai is headed for eastern Japan and may make landfall tomorrow. It is easy to focus on our own corner of the world and we all tend to do it.

Here in Portland Maine we are benefiting, unfortunately, from issues down south. We have several previously unscheduled ships in port. That must be a mess to organize in short time plus Maine isn’t quite the same trip

i hope they all help. I suspect it will be a long long time before any real recovery

14000 stranded at Narita, deaths in Korea from the current typhoon.  US news tends to ignore things that don't affect the US.  I don't know if Genting/ Crystal are responding to the current problems, but if they were to respond, Asia is more likely to get their attention.