Jump to content

Currently on board Azura


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

i am currently on board Azura, having a wonderful time, food, staff, entertainment great.

 

 

if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask & I will do my best to try and find the answers.

 

Joan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Foot said:

Hello,

 

i am currently on board Azura, having a wonderful time, food, staff, entertainment great.

 

 

if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask & I will do my best to try and find the answers.

 

Joan 

Have a lovely cruise, it all sound great so far which is always good to hear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Foot said:

Hello,

 

i am currently on board Azura, having a wonderful time, food, staff, entertainment great.

 

 

if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask & I will do my best to try and find the answers.

 

Joan 

Pleased you are having a great time.

We just got off Ventura and the waiters were using iPads to take drink and food orders and I had to ask for receipts otherwise none were given.

They said this was a trial for Iona arrival.

Are they doing the same on Azura?

Thanks Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased you are having a great time.

We just got off Ventura and the waiters were using iPads to take drink and food orders and I had to ask for receipts otherwise none were given.

They said this was a trial for Iona arrival.

Are they doing the same on Azura?

Thanks Graham.

Marella use iPads for drinks, or at least they did on Explorer. As the ship is all inclusive it was not an issue for most things if however there was a supplement eg for a glass of champagne they gave you a receipt to sign and a copy.

 

The upside of the iPad was that it definitely  speeded up the drinks orders. Marella also had Tv showing onboard spend, where what etc which you used to get on some P&O ships. Perhaps p&o will bring it back if they introduce iPads across the fleet.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:
  • Oo, don't like the idea of no receipts.  How on earth would you be able to check your bill?

Exactly.

I literally had to insist on occasions for a receipt as they don't give you receipts otherwise. 

Very few people seemed to be getting receipts and I thought exactly the same as you that you couldn't keep a personal check on your bill to see how much you are being charged and mistakes can happen and you haven't a receipt to contest it.

There is no interactive TV on Ventura so twice during our cruise I went to reception to get a bill printed off.

 

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased you are having a great time.

We just got off Ventura and the waiters were using iPads to take drink and food orders and I had to ask for receipts otherwise none were given.

They said this was a trial for Iona arrival.

Are they doing the same on Azura?

Thanks Graham.

Hello Graham,

 

They’ve been using iPads for drinks for a while on Azura & so far we have always been given a receipt & haven’t had to ask.

 

Joan

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Ventura 23 Aug and had the drinks package but still had a beer added on day 3 which was one we wouldn't of ordered. Guest services had to email the bar to get it taken off which they did. They had the ipads then but didn't bother asking for receipts I might from now on 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Foot said:

Hello Graham,

 

They’ve been using iPads for drinks for a while on Azura & so far we have always been given a receipt & haven’t had to ask.

 

Joan

Hi Joan.

Thanks for your reply.

I asked a wine waiter on board Ventura and he said only they were using the iPads as they were testing for Iona arrival.

It does make sense that other P&O ships are using iPads which made ordering quicker.

I had to ask twice nearly every time for a receipt and as you say they gave you receipts on Azura so I can't understand why I was told they only give receipts if you ask for them on Ventura.

Graham

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stokie33 said:

We were on Ventura 23 Aug and had the drinks package but still had a beer added on day 3 which was one we wouldn't of ordered. Guest services had to email the bar to get it taken off which they did. They had the ipads then but didn't bother asking for receipts I might from now on 

That was my concern about rogue charge's while we were on the same cruise as you and why I asked every time for a receipt.

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites

We had this on Ventura back in June.  I was at reception several times during the cruise to get print-outs from reception to keep a check on the spending, but on the last morning when the final bill arrived found that we had an additional charge on it.  They had actually charged us twice for one round of drinks. It took quite a while on disembarkation day to get the incorrect charge taken off and involved getting a waiter to reception with an ipad to make the refund!  I will certainly be requesting a copy of the receipts on any future cruises.

 

Michele

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, jeanlyon said:
  • Oo, don't like the idea of no receipts.  How on earth would you be able to check your bill?

 

We tried Princess this year for the first time and they didn’t issue receipts, I hated it! I’ve been told since I got back I could have asked for one but I didn’t realise I could!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for faults / wear & tear then yes you will find them.  However, if you’re on board to have a holiday / relax haven’t seen anything that would prevent you from doing so. 

 

If you’re comparing P&O to the new TV cruise programme re Silver Sea then you’ll be disappointed.

 

The ship certainly isn’t falling apart!

 

Joan

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, jeanlyon said:
  • Oo, don't like the idea of no receipts.  How on earth would you be able to check your bill?

This was the situation on Coral Princess in July Jean.  I had to ask for a receipt every time I bought a drink!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Big Foot said:

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for faults / wear & tear then yes you will find them.  However, if you’re on board to have a holiday / relax haven’t seen anything that would prevent you from doing so. 

 

If you’re comparing P&O to the new TV cruise programme re Silver Sea then you’ll be disappointed.

 

The ship certainly isn’t falling apart!

 

Joan

 

 

 

Thanks Joan, I always enjoy my holidays and have always had good cruises on Azura. She’s had some negative reviews recently so just thought I’d ask! Looks like I’ve nothing to worry about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

 

Thanks Joan, I always enjoy my holidays and have always had good cruises on Azura. She’s had some negative reviews recently so just thought I’d ask! Looks like I’ve nothing to worry about.

 

Hi Sue,

 

To give you an idea of the sort of things I have seen ....

 

Went in the Oasis pool this afternoon & there is a bit of the wooden plinth broken off underneath the statue.  Not great, but did it stop me from enjoying my swim ... no.  Also the ‘endless pool’ doesn’t seem to be working.  However, it wasn’t last year either so not sure if it’s broken & due to be fixed in the refit or if they simply don’t use it anymore?

 

Some of the carpets are a bit tried in places but given the amount of people who walk over them on a daily basis I’m not surprised!

 

There are a couple of seats in the ‘booths’ in the buffet restaurant which are torn & have got masking tape over them.  Again not great, but has it stopped my enjoying my breakfast ... no.

 

Not saying for one minute its got anything to do with the kids, but apparently last week there were 750 on board & this week only 5.

 

At present the self service wine machines in the buffet are out of order.  As I don’t drink this isn’t an issue for me, but appreciate it might be for some.  However, I do wonder if this has got anything to do with the new drinks packages?

 

The TV’s do need replacing / updating as the picture quality isn’t great, but then again (personally) I haven’t come away to watch TV.

 

Hope this gives you an idea of the type of ‘issues’ I’ve seen.

 

Joan

Link to post
Share on other sites

We got off the week before Joan. She hasn't mentioned the smell on deck 6/7 around the atrium so I guess that has gone now. For the first 4 days of our cruise the odour of sewage was VERY strong, I wouldn't have sat in the Blue Bar for anything! Our suite was very clean and well cared for, much better than I thought it would be, but some areas are in need of that refurb. 

 

I have to say that we din't notice the 750 kids, but we live in Italy so find British kids well behaved 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Babyeddiedog said:

We got off the week before Joan. She hasn't mentioned the smell on deck 6/7 around the atrium so I guess that has gone now. For the first 4 days of our cruise the odour of sewage was VERY strong, I wouldn't have sat in the Blue Bar for anything! Our suite was very clean and well cared for, much better than I thought it would be, but some areas are in need of that refurb. 

 

I have to say that we din't notice the 750 kids, but we live in Italy so find British kids well behaved 🙂 

I haven’t been in the Blue Bar so cannot comment on that.  However, I can’t say I’ve noticed a smell around the atrium.  That said there is a smell by the mid ship lifts on deck 15, but again it’s not Impacting in my cruise.

 

Theres been various notes in the Horizon regarding the fact that they are cleaning the tanks, whatever they may be & there may be a residual smell.

 

We too are in a (aft) suite & if I really wanted to find fault with it I could, but overall I’m having a great time.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...